Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Brother I feel like we haven't spoken in a while" Micas says stepping inside the room "You seem to disappear on me Micas how am I supposed to find if I don't know where you go anymore" Lucas says handing Micas some papers "Here is the strategies the men have been using" Micas smiles "Perfect, this is what I have been waiting for" Lucas takes the papers back putting them away. "You seem distant brother..." Micas sighs checking his pocket where a dagger lies "Yes well I have some bad news" Micas says before giving a grin. "What is it?" Lucas asks ignoring the grin that made his worry grow. "Well you see, I have been noticing something strange in Morgan. Do you think she is keeping contact with her father?" Micas asks even though he knows the answer to all the question he is about to ask. "I don't know" Lucas says questioning his trust. "We must keep an eye on her, where is she now?" He asks "I don't know"

I sit on the bench enjoying the view, the people walking around without a care in the world. They are human and once upon a time I also thought I was human. "You okay?" Jaspar asks sitting next to me "Yeah I am just thinking about stuff" I tell him wishing I could enjoy this moment alone. I need to talk to someone that could help me figure this whole thing out. Maybe I could ask Josh if he could teach me more of the basics since the library is off limits since its Cain's...I wonder where he is...I can't stop thinking about him but I push him at the very back of my thoughts because I am with Jaspar and he is my mate. "You seem really quiet...do you want to go back?" He asks putting his arm around my shoulder "We should buy some food and have picnic" I say wanting to be away from here, it is only making me moody "I know the perfect place a bit far from the castle and trust me it is beautiful" He says smiling at me "Perfect" I tell him getting up from my seat.

"Morgan" Jaspar says his eyes on the road "When all of this is over...you will officially be crowned Luna which will bring many responsibilities-." I cut him off getting annoyed "I know Jaspar, I have been told this many times! I just wish things weren't like this...sometimes I just want to be normal, I miss my job" I say lowering my voice trying to calm myself down "I'm sorry things turned out the way they were but you just have to suck it up" Jaspar says sounding a bit annoyed himself "I'm not very hungry anymore maybe we should just go back to the castle..." He nods "Let's leave the picnic for another day when vampires aren't on the hunt for our heads" he says giving a quick smile "I agree" I say but pause when I hear a scream "Stop the car!" I yell making him swerve until we finally stopped. "Someone is in danger"

Adeline looks out into the water "I don't understand what is going on Natalia, all I know is that when the time comes to fight I will be ready to do so alongside Morgan my Luna" Natalia stands behind her "I wish that to happen but with certain threats I doubt it" She replies giving a smile "What do you mean?" Adeline says facing her now "Well, I have been spending a lot of time with Micas, obviously since he is my mate but he has been telling me things and well I want to help him" Adeline looks at Natalia confused "Of course we have to stick together" Adeline says not liking the way she was looking at her "You were the only friend I actually had here and when things got bad you changed but now we are back together..." Natalia took a step forward making Adeline take a step back. "I know things have been hard with us but now you found your mate and well I'm still looking" Natalia smiles pushing a strand of hair behind her ear "I know and you might never find them unless you survive" Adeline furrowed her brows confused "Survive what?" She asks feeling worried but she wasn't scared. "This." Natalia says pushing her off the edge watching her scream as she falls into the water. "Two down, one more to go" She smirks leaving Adeline for dead.