Chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

After reading many letters from my mother to my father I realize that I am not like them. I am much more and that's why they want me because I am much more than them, much more powerful than them. I look down at my sore feet cursing myself for not thinking this through...and this feels way too easy, I mean escaping a pack of werewolves just like that without a sweat. I look at the box remembering all the letters she wrote without Victor knowing about her expecting me; the hybrid. She did find her mate; Luca, but she rejected him. I soon realize why the werewolves and vampires hate each other so bad, they were angered by the fact that Luca a very respected man got rejected by the Luna because she was in love with a vampire; my father. I sigh wondering why they didn't accept my father's love for my mother. I never really thought of investigating or asking about my parents, they told me they had died in a car accident when a wild wolf jumped in front of the car. My aunt Matilda never liked talking about them maybe because she didn't want to mention my father was a vampire and my mother was a werewolf. All she told me was that she died of an illness that drove my father mad and he left, found dead somewhere. The two brothers...can I trust them? Can I trust any of them? Fight a war that is not even mine! In a time of war there is betrayal and no one can be trusted, I need to go back to my city where I can fight crime that has nothing to with these...creatures! I must go back but not yet I have to wait a couple days so that the coast can be clear.

A week has past and I have a plan so that I can end this for good because if I leave and go back to my city they will take me from it again. I need to find Victor and tell him I am his daughter and that I am here to stop the war. I also need a shower and I know the perfect place that I saw when I was running. I open the shed doors slowly peeking making sure no wolf creatures are waiting for me. I walk outside a bit blinded by the sun before my eyes readjusts to the change in light. I sigh in relief seeing as no one is near I take a step forward stopping when I hear a crunch, my heart drops to the floor. I close my eyes getting ready for them to drag me back to the castle.

**

The castle walls looked as if they were watching every move, every word that passed by them. Jaspar felt as if something was wrong so he was heading where Morgan was being held. He hadn't seen her in days, he knocks on the door getting no reply so he opens it finding that the room is empty. Jaspar growls sniffing her out but her scent is weak if only he were her mate he would be able to find her. He goes into the kitchen finding Josh on a stool stuffing his face with a sandwich, "What?" He says a bit muffled "Where is Morgan?" Jaspar asks feeling a wave of frustration over power him wanting to tear the castle apart. "I don't know I haven't seen her since you guys cut my lecture short" He says going back to eating his sandwich. "Idiot" Jaspar says once he left the kitchen going to the last person he knows will be able to find her. Her mate which is also his dear brother whom he hates so much because he has a higher-ranking pack than his.

Jaspar doesn't even bother to knock opening the door glaring at Cain who seems calm even though Jaspar knows that he knows Morgan is gone. "Morgan is gone FYI brother" he says looking around the room. "She is?" Cain asks looking back at his brother "Don't act stupid it doesn't suit you" Jaspar says getting angry at him "Do you know where she is?" He asks wanting to find her so he can get her trust. "No" Cain replies even though he knows exactly where she could be. "You are no help" Jaspar mutters storming out of the room.

                                                                     **

Morgan stands still knowing that if she runs they will catch her no matter what. "Morgan" She turns around to face Jaspar who is trying to hide his anger hiding it with worry. "I have been looking for you everywhere" He says making Morgan think she is a very important piece that cannot be lost. "Apparently not everywhere" She says giving a pointed look. "We need you Morgan. The future of humanity lies in your hands" He says reaching to touch her but she pulls back. "Why couldn't you guys just breed a hybrid and train them to be like me? Why ruin my life?" She stops talking realizing what she is saying is completely selfish "I am sorry" She says looking at him "I understand why you would be mad I mean you are right! We did ruin your life and by ruining yours we will be saving millions" His eyes light up thinking about the glory of winning the war having Morgan as his wife even though she is his brothers mate but she doesn't need to know that. He can win her over and this is one of the steps he must do to win her over. Morgan scoffs making her way to the castle, Jaspar quickly goes to her side "I am not going to run...can I at least make a phone call Jaspar?" He smiles liking the way his name rolls off her tongue "Of course but only with my supervision" She smiles "Thank you for your kindness" She says thinking of Cain and how he has treated her since they have met. "Can I ask you a question?" Jaspar asks looking at her dirty self "Shoot" She says feeling a little more at ease. "How would you like to have dinner this afternoon with me? After you rest and get clean" Morgan looks down at her clothes that are no longer the color they were at the beginning of the week. "Sure, why not" She says making Jaspar smile already feeling the glory. Morgan looks at the castle feeling uneasy now that she is brought back to the dream and the way Cain acted. "Jaspar? Can I ask you a question?" He nods "What happened to Cain the night before I left?" She asks noticing how his face changed "I don't know he gets angry for no reason...he can be deadly even to those he loves" Jaspar says pretending to be upset for his brothers "anger" issues. "Morgan! You had us all worried" Lucas says showing signs of relief. "I needed time to think...that's all" She says walking past them disappointed that Cain wasn't there.

                                                                               **       

I sit on the bed thinking about the letters in the shed, wanting to find out what happened to my parents. I sigh walking over to the bathroom for a much-needed shower. A knock on the door makes me hurry up no longer taking my time. I quickly dress hanging the towel by the sink opening the door "Hey" I say looking at Jaspar "Hi...I was wondering if you are ready to take the phone call" I smile thinking he forgot about it "Yes please" Jaspar smiles leading the way "So you guys don't have cell phones?" I ask looking at a very old phone "No we have something else that you will later find out" He tells me giving me some room "Are you sure this is going to work" I tell him removing some dust "Yes" He says sitting on one of the many chairs. I dial the number waiting for him to pick up "Hello?" Sampson's voice asks "Sampson! It's me Morgan!" I can already imagine him looking shocked as ever "Morgan? Where the hell have you been, we have been worried sick! Well not me Chief fired you and you have already been replaced" I sigh "Little time to explain...Chief can go to hell I got something way bigger over here" I tell him looking back at Jaspar "Where are you? Do you need backup?" I smile "No. I am fine you won't hear from me for a long time but just know I am safe...anyways take care you can go into my apartment and grab what you like leave my clothes there I'll have someone pick them up" I explain before hanging up. "I'll send someone to grab your things to make you feel more comfortable" I smiles "Thank you Jaspar...I think I am too tired for a dinner now maybe some other time?" He looks sad but I am too tired to deal with interactions "Promise?" He asks smiling "Promise" I tell him walking out the room to see Cain "Cain" I call out but he disappears.