Chapter 6

We didn't work on our projects, but took a quiz instead. The bell rang just as I sat down from turning it in. I picked up my bag, swinging it over my shoulder. Immediately, Leo showed up behind me.

He dipped his head closer to mine, "Why did you sit over here?" He asked in a harsh whisper.

"Well, I ... I just wanted to sit by my other friends--"

"Who the fuck are you kidding? You don't have any friends." His fist hitting the desk made me flinch. With his motion, I started out of the class room.

"You are not walking away from me right now, are you?" I fixed my back packs strap as if that would draw some attention away from the scene he was causing. "Hey!"

Now I was in the hall way, two of the girls I was sitting with were standing at the lockers. Their eyes went from someone down the hall to me and Leo, their expressions changing as well.

"Bitch, I'm fucking talking to you," He grabs my arms, where the bruises are hiding under my jacket, and throws my back into the lockers.

The hall way went silent. Now all eyes were on us. I wasn't sure if I was more anxious about him being that close to me, or the fact he was drawing so much attention.

"You do not get to walk away from me." He clenched his jaw. His body is pressed against mine.

"Leo, get off of me..." I struggle under his strength, "Leo--"

"Oh, did I hear that right? She said to get off, you stupid fuck." A deep voice says next to me. Leo looks over at him. "So I really don't know why you're still standing there like you don't understand English. "

The tall guy standing next to me clears his throat and looks to the two girls. "Excuse me," He shines a quick smile to the girls. He pushes his hand to the side, indicating they should move. They do as they giggle. He smiled, nodded his head, and in one swift motion grabbed Leo's throat and pushed him into the other set of lockers. There was a definite crack.

"Get ... off ... of me..!" Leo squirmed.

The guy was smiling, I could tell, when he said "It's doesn't feel so good, does it?" Leo shook his bright red head. "Mhm... I don't ever want to see you slamming this beautiful girl into a locker, or any girl for that matter, into anything ever again." I rub my bruises and accept the blush to my cheeks. "Do you understand?" Leo nodded. "Yeah?" The guy let him go. Leo gasped.

Without a word, Leo ran down the hall, pushing a few kids that were recording the whole thing. The guy turned around. I hadn't known gorgeous until I saw him.

He looked at me, worried, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I paused. "Thank you.."

His icy blue eyes offered a dimpled grin, "Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're okay." He chuckled, "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. Hi, I'm Trevor."

I just smiled back at him. Without saying anything. Like a complete idiot. I was so entranced by his being, it seemed I was the one who didn't understand english.

The girls giggled, thankfully bringing me back. "Oh," I laugh, aware of my mistake, "I'm Ruby."

He nodded. I looked around, clueless to his nod. "What?"

He sniffed, "I mean, it only makes sense someone so stunning had such a beautiful name."

I blushed, "Oh, no... Ruby's not beautiful," I laughed.

This made him raise an eyebrow, he opened his mouth to speak, but the one minute bell rang. "I have to go..." I said, starting to walk.

To my surprise, he followed me. "What's your class?" He dodged a running freshman.

"Orchestra, what's yours?"

"It's weights."

"I think you're going to wrong way, then."

He shook his head, "Nope, I wanted to walk you to class, if that's okay...?"

"No, of course, it is..." I assured him. I swallowed, summoning all of my courage. "Would you like to do something, sometime?"

"What are you asking..?" He smirked. He opened the orchestra door for me. I entered the room as the bell rang.

"You should totally give me your number..." I got my phone out.

He raised both of his brows, smiling at me, leaning against the door. "Okay, ready?"