Volume 1: Forever Fall

Start from the beginning

My POV:

Me and the others had just arrived at the Forest of Forever Fall with the rest of my other classmates for today, with Glynda. While walking, I am clearly amused at Ruby's reaction to the ruby red leaves that are blanketing the trees and the red grass covering ground. The same could happen for Mitchell as he nearly ran off to examine the forest more out of wonder, but Rachel and I prevented that by standing at either side of him along the way.

Glynda: Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful, but we are not here to sight see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

Glynda then stopped and turned around to face the group of students. Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin, which I heard behind me, and saw Jaune being scowled at by Cardin. Jaune then attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly, and Cardin turned back to face Glynda.

Me: (Inner thoughts) I still can't figure out what's going on with Jaune ever since last night. The fact that he was with Cardin's team on the way here rather than with his teammates is really disturbing. Not only for me, but his teammates as well. What the heck is going on with him?

I turned back to face Glynda. Although I am still looking at Jaune out of the corner of my eye every now and then just to make sure Cardin won't do anything suspicious that could cause Jaune harm. As Glynda still instructs her group, she holds up a full jar of their objective.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here by 4 o'clock. Have fun!

Tenka: Alright! Lets go.

Rachel: This is nothing for Team STRM to handle. We can get this done in no time!

Mitchell: After that, we can have some time to explore the forest!

Rachel: Not a bad idea Mitch. But we'll do that after we're done with our objective.

Mitchell: Okay~

I chuckled at their remarks as I caught sight of Jaune's Team heading in the same direction as Ruby's Team. Just as I was about to follow my team into the other side forest, I called out to Tenka.

Me: Hey, Tenka? Could you give me my spare jar?

Tenka questioned it, but I said I decided to a find a more 'suitable' place to find sap, but in fact, it was your excuse of talking to one of Jaune's teammates about his behavior. Tenka did not pushed the topic further, and just tossed me a spare jar.

Tenka: Here! Just be careful out there.

Me: Same with you and the others, Tenka. Oh, and hey, Try to always keep an eye out for Rachel

Tenka: (chuckles) Sure.

And with that, I went on my separate way.

With my jar in hand, I ran over to where Team JNPR and RWBY went. I caught up with them and walked over to where Pyrrha was walking. By the time I reached her, Pyrrha seemed to be wrapped up thinking about something.

Me: Hello?

I snapped my fingers in front of her to try and get her attention, which it did, and she snapped back into reality and turned towards me with an apologetic face.

Pyrrha: Oh! I'm sorry. I was just..... thinking about something.

Me: I've noticed.

Pyrrha: By the way, aren't you supposed to be with your team? ... Um...

Me: Oh, that's right! I haven't actually introduced myself yet properly even though we've chatted for a couple of times. The name's Shadow Wrath, Team Leader of Team STRM. But I guess you know that already.