Chapter 14:

OVER 800 READS

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN.

I LOVE YOU GUYS OKAY.

Alright, so this is kind of a shit chapter. And the beginning of it is in Luke's point of view, just so everyone can get an idea of what Luke and Cal have been personally going through.

Yeah.

Love youuuu.

AND YES IM AWARE THAT CALUM DID NOT SHOW UP FOR THE FIRST FEW PRACTICES WHEN ASHTON JOINED BUT TOO BAD.

Chapter 14:

**Lukes Point Of View**

I woke up to the sound of Ashton crying, just like every morning.

I should be used to it by now, being the one to try and piece him back together. But there was something about this morning that bugged me more than most.

I didn't get anymore sleep, unlike Hannah who refused to wake up.

So I walked to the kitchen where Calum was.

"We have two extra people in the house, and we're still the first ones awake." Calum laughed, grabbing two mugs and setting them on the counter.

"Yeah I don't think that will ever change." I smiled, rubbing at my eyes.

We fixed our coffee just like every morning, and sat at the table. A small silence in between the two of us.

"Can we talk?" He asked, tapping the side of his cup.

"Of course."

He looked down the hallway to see if anyone was coming before turning his attention back to me.

"I'm worried about Ashton."

Oh great.

"Why? He's been doing better."

"I mean, he's had a few good days... But in four days, he's going to be the same Ashton. And I don't know how much longer I can deal with that Luke."

"God Calum, have some faith in him. It's hard. I'm sure if Analiya died you would be in the same situation."

And for a minute, I forgot that I was the youngest, that Ashton was supposed to be the one looking over us. I felt protective of Ashton. Like I had to be.

"And what do you mean you can't deal with it anymore!?"

I wasn't angry, I was just.. Confused. Hurt. Distraught.

"Luke-"

"He's your best friend Calum!" I slammed my hands down, making the coffee slosh out of the mug and onto the table. "We have to help him, and lately you haven't been much help."

"Because I'm scared Luke!" He growled, the veins popping out of his neck and his eyes filled with fear.

"Well if you're so scared Calum, then you should be helping him! He doesn't want to go to therapy, he doesn't want to be fucking dragged to a mental hospital." I stopped, taking a shaky breath, refusing to meet his eyes. "He wants to be normal, he wants to move on but he can't Calum. So what are you so fucking scared of that you refuse to do anything!?"

"I'm scared he's going to kill himself Luke!" He screeched, clasping his hands over his mouth shortly after.

I paused and stepped back, not knowing what to say.

"It's obvious that Michael is the only thing that made him happy. I'm just afraid that we're not enough to make him stay Luke!" There were tears streaming down his cheeks now. "Are you happy now!?" His throat was raw, but he screamed anyways, his voice breaking so much it made my heart wrench.