A strategic failure

"Raideen!" Adelina kept on barraging the enemies with her lightning attacks to keep them away from us. "Watch out!" I yelled when a beast came out from the underground knocking Adelina away and injuring her leg. "Ugh.." Adelina is having hard time to stand up so I rush towards her and be her supporter. "We need to move" I started to walk as she follows while her arm is resting on my shoulder, "Leave me my lord" she said while looking at me. "I can't leave you behind" I just looked at her as we continue to walk.

Stopping by at the backdoor of a convenience store we rested for a while, "How is your leg?" I checked Adelina's condition and I saw her leg is badly injured. "I can stand and walk but not run", "Why there are too many of those foul creatures around?" I asked her as I relax my body. 

"It must be because of other beasts are already summoned and they just hid themselves before other beasts are summoned" she said as she massages her leg. "So like waiting for reinforcements?" she nods responding to my question, we then heard a roar from above us "We should get going now Adelina" I assisted her once again as we move.

Richard's house

After arriving at Richard's house, Yna and the others went in as she used her key to open the front door. "Will those two be okay?" Lisa asked as she sits on the sofa, "Adelina is very powerful" Anthony said in a rather pumped up way. "No, from her world there are more powerful than her" Yna went to the kitchen to get a pitcher of water.

"Adelina once told me about the people in her world" Yna said as she puts the pitcher on the table.

"There are other types of champions, Amy is a Soldier" Yna explained to them. "The others are Fighters, Warriors, Clerics, Rogues, Archers and Mages" she continues as the other two listens intently to her. "Based from my observation, Soldiers like Amy are very tough but she sort of lacking with offensive" Yna walks back to the kitchen to get some glasses. "So are you doubting they can survive?" Lisa is somewhat worried, "It is just, Amy lacks offensive and they must defeat those creatures" Yna returns with the glasses.

As time passes by Lisa fell asleep and both Anthony and Yna are checking their phones. "Still nothing?" Yna asked him, "Yes" Anthony responded with a very disappointed tone.

Quiet Alley

"I think we will be safe here for now Adelina" I help Adelina to relax when suddenly four beasts leaps down behind me and snarls. Feeling coward I ran away leaving Adelina behind "Forgive me Adelina", as I try to flee two of the beasts chased me as the two tried to attack Adelina with their claws.

When the spear and shield of Adelina fell to the ground it vanishes in thin air as a cloud of white smoke filled the alley causing the beasts to be distracted. "Let's go Adelina!" I run inside a car park and quickly went on a motorcycle.

Flashback

"We will not be able to outrun them with my condition" Adelina stated as we hid in an open garage. "I wonder if you can leave your spear and shield and re-summon it" I asked her as I saw a fire extinguisher, a mop, a sack of sand, ropes and two rugged cloths. "I think yes" she answered as I left her and grabbed the things I saw and assembled it to look like a human dummy if you cover it with a cloth. "Let us try it then" as I said that Adelina left her spear and shield to the dummy and tied it with some rope. "You wait for.." I paused when I saw a car park on the other side. I carried the dummy as Adelina covers herself with the other rugged cloak and followed me crossing the street. "Oh I've been wanting to do" I started to hot wire the motorcycle and trying to turn it on, "You wait for me here I will try to distract the beasts" as I am able to make the motorcycle running I picked up the dummy and went to the quiet alley just beside of the car park.

End of Flashback

As I hopped on the motorcycle and white smoke fills the alley near us I released the clutch of the cycle and made a run for it. "Hang tight" I told Adelina for I have something with speed, as the found of the cycle echoes in the car park a beast blocked the way. "Crap!" I yelled in shock "Forward" Adelina said as she summons her spear as we charge towards the beast. Stabbing the beast on its head it vanishes in thin smoke as we get out of the car park, "Nice jousting Adelina" I laughed as another beast popped out from the sky and flying towards us.

I suddenly heard a female voice coming from the side walk that we just passed "Now I understand it". Hearing this made me look at the side mirror and I saw a person wearing a cloth. "My lord" Adelina said making me look back to the road, "Did you hear someone too Adelina?" I asked her as I boosted the cycle. "Hear what?" she said making me realize that it was just me who heard that voice.

"My lord the beast is coming towards us!" Adelina yelled to warn me as I looked up and the same beast before is coming near us when once again I heard that woman voice. "Death shall bloom to those who are defiled" suddenly the beast got entangled with vines coming out from a circle of light beneath it, as the vines fully entangles the beast a huge flower like rose bloomed. "Anima!" the voice shouted making the beast explode "Thank you" I whispered as I bring the cycle in a full throttle and went back home.

"You are welcome" the woman wearing cloak said as she went back in the alley shrouding herself with the darkness of the alley's shadows.

This is the second time we where saved by someone, but who was that?