A horrifying answer

Pal that wasn't Jean's killer, If I can just say this to him, If that was her killer then there is no body to return, Wait? Body? Huh? Evil-willed eat their victims and Good-willed incinerates, Why there is a body? Something is wrong! What have happened? Why the body is in one piece?  

A question nailed in my head as we try to make Anthony calm down. Suddenly screams where heard from the house, Yna, Adelina and I looked at one another. After having some eye contact with them I know it only means "Let us go in and check it out" that is why I run inside as the two quickly followed me. "Lady Yna please if things get dreadful I want you and lord Richard stay behind me" Adelina pulled Yna's arm to slow her down and say those things making Yna nod in response.

I saw Jean's mother running away so I held her on her shoulders, "What happened ma'am?" she is really freaking out. "Monster!" she said, "My daughter is a monster!" she added as I let her go making her flee outside. Yna and Adelina just got inside the house when we heard something was destroyed causing us to look outside and saw a lot of wood debris falling down the sky. As we go out we saw a hideous scene up the sky, Jean's body with wings floating above us, she has elongated sharp claws, her funeral attire is stained with blood and a tail is swinging below her. "What is that!?" as I tremble in fear, "Impossible!" Adelina raised her voice. "Her body was corrupted by an egg of a monster" she explained as our eyes locked on Jean.

Jean flapped her wings then swoops down towards us with her claws ready to stab us. Good thing Adelina protected us with her shield, blocking it causing an ear breaking clank. Anthony saw Jean making him fall to his knees, "Anthony!" I run towards him for Jean saw him and is about to attack again.

Once again Jean elevated herself so she can swoop down towards Anthony, luckily Adelina jumped grabbing Jean's tail tossing her to the ground. "A corrupted is a lot tougher than the others" Adelina's right hand is filled with her blood, "Their tails are really sharp" she just smiled towards Jean. 

Jean was able to recover quickly after being tossed by Adelina. Her mouth opened and snarled towards Adelina, then her gaze locked on to Yna. Seeing her alone she charged towards her with her claws out, Adelina desperately tried to reach her with her spear. She was able to stab Jean's tail locking her down giving me a chance to run towards Yna to save her. But Jean didn't gave up and spitted something towards us, "Watch out that is acid!" Adelina shouted giving us enough time to dodge the first one and saw the ground to melt.

Being distracted on giving us warning, Adelina slightly lost the pressure on Jean's tail giving her the chance to escape. Causing Jean's eyes to lock at the fleeing crowd with her mother in it. Flying above us she flapped her wings two strong times releasing a barrage of needle like things and before our eyes people including her mother got pierced with those things. "Impossible" Yna was only able to said that on what we witnessed, "Watch out she will attack again!" Anthony yelled making everyone alarmed and before we knew it, Jean is soaring down towards me and Yna.

Suddenly I heard a voice from a distant "Anima!" then vines like things appeared beneath Jean and entangles her suddenly a beautiful blue rose bloomed on the tips of the vines then exploding causing Jean to fall down and crashing on the ground. My head went side to side looking where that voice came but Adelina shouted "My lord watch out!". When I look before me Jean was running towards me and Yna coming out from the crash smoke.

Adelina tried to save us by charging towards Jean wanting to intercept her but Jean is getting closer and her claws are getting ready to stab us. That is when a bright light shined on Adelina's hip causing all of us be blinded. As the light fade an unexpected sight we all saw. Jean's claw are straight towards us but it is being blocked by the shield of Adelina that I am holding.

I am able to defend the two of with Adelina's shield giving her a chance. Suddenly a lightning fell down to Adelina changing her attire from her casual attire earlier to her battle attire as she passed through that lightning.

She stabbed Jean's chest with her spear elevating her up. "Anthony" Jean suddenly spoke before us making Anthony run towards her, "Jean!" he shouted as Jean faced him. "Thank you for everything" Jean smiled towards Anthony making him cry, "I..lo.." her body starts to glow as a shadow appeared from her back roaring wildly. "Anthony" I called him as he bows down, "Please finish it miss" he whispers as he shed his tears. As Adelina nods in response her spear glowed summoning an immense lightning to burn Jean.

"Seeing someone being corrupted is worse than seeing them die as a human" Yna leaned her head on me as she cries.

Maki's death is better than Jean's death, I guess if I want to die, I will also pick the death of being eaten or being incinerated and turning into ash rather than being corrupted like Jean

I gave Adelina her shield back and for the first time I saw Adelina shed her tear, "Are you alright?" I asked her and she nodded back. When Adelina lowered her spear it dropped something making me curious what was that. I found a scorched necklace made out of silver with a note written "JeAnthony" so I gave it to Anthony making him cry even more.

We let Anthony join us in a near cafe as he calms down. "Pal I need to tell you something" I told him everything from how I met Adelina to how Maki died and what happened earlier.

I know things are pretty fast and something isn't right for him but he can understand it sooner or later although I have my own questions, Who was that? Where did that mysterious voice came from?