A farewell smile

The beast slowly turns to face Yna and Maki's direction making me rush towards Yna, "Adelina destroy that creature!" as I rush towards them Adelina was able to summon her spear then she leaps to stab the beast. Suddenly it vanished in front of Adelina's spear.

"Help!" Maki shouted getting our attention, "Oh no Maki!" Yna shouted as me and Yna got reunited. The beast is carrying Maki by her left arm as she swings the iron bar hitting the beast with it. Right before our eyes Maki's body starts to smoke, "Maki!" Yna shouts as her tears fall. "Please take care of Lisa!" Maki's last words before she got incinerated by light turning into dust. Yna falls down to her knees as the iron bar Make was holding hits the floor, "Maki" Yna sobs in despair as I try to comfort her. Maki's last smile towards Yna was the last memory she remembered from her dear friend.

I lend Yna a shoulder so we can move away as her eyes locked where the iron bar is. "I won't accept this!" Yna went enrage as tears keep on falling, "Adelina, please" those are the only words I could say due to the shock on what happened. Adelina just nodded in response as she leaps towards the beast but yet again it vanished in front of her, that is when the beast suddenly appeared in front of us.

Right, Yna got caught by the beast looking at it!

The beast's claws of blinding light appeared causing Adelina to make haste towards us. As for me with out any hesitation I used my body to protect Yna with it. "I won't let you!" I stared to the beast's eyes as it stare back to me suddenly I growls in fury and stabbed my right shoulder with his claws. "No!" Yna fell down to her knees again as she holds to my pants, "Lord Richard!" Adelina shouted as her spear stabbed the beast's chest making it pull his claws out of my shoulder and cry in pain. Adelina draw back her spear then stabs it again on the same exact location for two more times causing the beast to cry even more. As the beast became light particles its eyes went to my direction causing my body to feel a little bit hot like burning.

"Are you two alright, my lord?" Adelina checked our condition as I noticed blood coming out from her shoulder, "You are bleeding Adelina!" I tried to approach her but my wounds starts to gush out some blood. "We need to get to the nearest hospital" Yna said as she stands, "I know I lost a friend and I know I must tell this to Lisa" she is composing herself. "Don't worry I will come with you" I pat her shoulder as I try to make her feel secured and she smiled back to me. Even if she is smiling I know her heart is shattered due to Maki's tragedy.

Lisa's house

Yna and I told Lisa what happened to Maki they both shed buckets of tears, "Let us leave them for a moment Adelina" I pat her shoulder as I move away to give those two girls some time. "That was awful" I stated break a long silence the is engulfing me and Adelina's surroundings. "I apologize for it was my fault why lady Yna's friend died" Adelina kneels as she asks for forgiveness. "It is not your fault" I paused as I try to make her stand "No one wanted that to happen" I continue as she stands up, "How is your wound?" I asked her as she checks her shoulder. "It is all healed now my lord, thank you for your kindness" Adelina bows gently as she thank me, "I told you welcome to my family" I just gave her a smile as I walk passing her to go back to the other ladies. "Let's go back Adelina" she followed me with no hesitations.

Back to Richard's house

As we entered the house Yna almost fell down to her knees, luckily I was able to hold her up "You must rest first babe" she nodded as I assist her upstairs. Adelina tries to approach us but Yna shook her head "It is fine Amy" making Adelina nod as we continue to walk slowly. As we get inside my room I let her lay down on my bed and she covers her face with a pillow, "You don't need to act tough anymore babe" I said as I pat her hip. All I hear is sobbing from her making me stay beside her all night until dawn.

As a new days starts I woke up seeing Yna beside me, her eyes are rather puffy due to her crying. "Morning babe" I lean towards her ear to whisper it then stood up to get ready for work. After taking a bath and wearing my uniform I went down to check Adelina but I found her sound asleep as well on the sofa bed.

I think I should just leave a not since it is still 500 in the morning.

As I finished writing the letter I saw my phone and it was blinking so I checked it out and saw Anthony's messages. We where not able to talk after what happened in the library yesterday.

Anthony: Hey pal, are you alright?

Anthony: I was worried what happened to you.

Anthony: Hey pal.

Anthony: Leave a message if you saw this.

Seeing this made me leave a short message to him after I went out and locking the front door.

Me: I am good

After that I started to walk heading to my office as I still think of stuffs that happened yesterday in the library. Thinking about Maki's death and the other people fallen from that beast, and also what does the media reports about it. Upon arriving at my office I sat and work what stuffs I left the other day quickly.

As of 1000 I hear my co-workers talking about the library and a fire broke out burning the library. That made me curious and checked the daily news and there it was a burnt library but that isn't how we left the library yesterday. It was still standing and the news say it caught in flames starting 1800.

This is getting weirder and weirder as time passes by, Who burned the library? Does that person know about those beasts also? But why that person must cover up this incident?