Volume 1: Jaunedice (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

He takes another sip of his coffee, which now made Tenka interested of what was inside the professor's drink more and more.

Oobleck: I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

Weiss and Tenka, as expected, shot their hands straight up to answer, and Oobleck nodded his head to Weiss.

Oobleck: Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Tenka sighs as he lowers his hand in downcast.

Oobleck: Precisely, Ms. Schnee! And don't sulk over a simple matter, Mr. Kaito, you may have your chance next time. Now, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, but seen by me and Tenka, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up from his beauty sleep.

Jaune: Hey!

Hearing Jaune's voice, Oobleck began zooming over into his face.

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer is... The advantage... of the Faunus...

Jaune's POV:

I had no idea what the answer was due to myself sleeping during the entire time in classes with Oobleck, and right now I'm desperately trying to think what the answer might be, but sadly to no avail, I couldn't think of any possible solution. I looked behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives me the answer.

Me: ...Had over that guy's stuff...

I then see Pyrrha cupping her hands around her eyes and goes for the most dumbest, yet obvious answer.

Me: Uhh... Binoculars!

While I look pleased with my answer, the class laughs suddenly laughed at me, indicating that I had the answer wrong. Oobleck, who zooms back at the front of the class, sips his coffee. Shadow and Tenka flopped their heads down into our desk out of exasperation, while Rachel and Mitchell giggles uncontrollably. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chortling.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Shadow raised his head from his table and turned his attention towards Cardin, who was leaning back with his leg on his desk, not even caring about the lesson one bit as much as he expected.

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

As Oobleck shakes his head, Tenka raised his head from his table a look of dissatisfaction on his face.

Tenka: You know, you're not really one of the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin? Would you mind if I split your mind open for you? My partner here could conjure up an ice axe or his weapon to prove my point.

Rachel gulps as she slumps down from her chair, and hides below her desk. Tenka gives him another look of death, causing Cardin to start shaking again, while Shadow widened his eyes out of surprise before grinning wickedly as he watched on, amused and entertained.

Shadow: (Inner thoughts) This ought to be good....

Oobleck: Now, now students. This is clearly not the time for pointless mockery.

Tenka: You don't have to tell me twice, professor. Besides, he's the one who's being a blockhead anyway, and whereas I, know the answer. The answer to your question is, 'Night Vision'.

Oobleck: Precisely the correct answer, Mr. Kaito.

Shadow: If I remember correctly, (taking out newspapers and a history book to look into the topic we are still in) General Lagune was.... inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep.

Blake: His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.

Shadow and Tenka: (closes book) Precisely./Precisely!