Not Proposing

Logan let out a sigh of relief, so he wasn't proposing to Alex. Thank the Lord.

"Mummy. Mummy I got to go." Lily basically shouted. Alex laughed.

"We'll be back in a minute." she gave Logan a reasurring look before shooting Ryan a look that told him to 'watch it.' Logan had recieved that look before.

Once the girls were gone, Ryan picked up a napkin. "Why are you here?" he growled, scrunching the paper. "You know what?  I don't actually care. But if you hurt her." he didn't meet Logan's eyes as he tore the napkin. Threatening what he would do to Logan. "If you lay one unwanted hand on her -" he didn't need to finish. Logan understood.

"Hypocritical much." Logan muttered just loud enough to get him into trouble. He met Ryan's murderous gaze head on. "Did she ever want you?" he pressed, heading into dangerous waters.

"Listen, Lerman. You left. I was drunk and she didn't want it. I regret what I did." the fire in his eyes was replaced by the saddest expression Logan has ever seen on a person that wasn't actually crying.

"We've been through so much now. I can't even count how many nights she's spent in my arms crying about the pregnancy and the fights she's had with her mother. Do not ever tell me that I'm a hypocrite. You told her you loved her for five years and then you called her a whore, you cheated on her, you were never there for her. I was."

Logan had to admit the dude had a point.

Ryan rested into his seat as the girls got back. Logan's phone vibrated again. Logan had never really loved her, he'd just dated for the convenience, hoping Alex would find out and realise what she'd lost.

Opening the texts, he was disappointed but he knew that he should go and see her. Bidding his goodbyes Logan left.

Lily whispered something into Alex's ear proud of herself. At first Alex seemed shocked but she nodded and told her daughter to 'go ask him' encouragingly.

Logan felt his jeans leg being pulled. He looked down to the smiling face of Lily, who, the more he looked at the more he saw the resemblance between mother and daughter. Not only did she semi-look like her mother, she picked up her habits as well.

"Logan?" she seemed nervous.

Attempting to calm her nerves he sat down on a neighbouring bench seat and leant on his knees to level with her.

"Will you come to dinner? At our place? At sewen?" she bit her lip. Logan was taken aback. He glanced at Alex and Ryan who where deep in conversation.

"Did your mummy say I could?" he asked tentatively. He hated calling Alex 'your mummy.' In his mind it should have just been 'mummy.'The same way she should be calling him 'daddy.'

Lily nodded happily. "Mummy said whatever makes me happy and this would make me happy." she took his hand, entwining her tiny fingers with his. "Please." He nodded consumed by her adorableness.

"I'll be there." he smiled, getting up and walking out of the cafe. As he did he made a decision. That's my family. He knew what his next step was.