Don't Tell Anyone

Lily smiled at Logan like she knew his secret. He gasped. That smile melted his heart. It was the same smile Alex gave him whenever she was trying to tell him she loved him.

Wait, if Lily has Alex's smile. He looked at her concerntrating on her artwork. She bit her lip the way Alex did when she was deep in thought. Logan sat back in realisation.

"I forgot you where so smart." Alex stated when she saw his facial expression.

"Do you know who-?" he realised how he sounded.

"What are you implying?" The venom was evident in her tone. Alex flashbacked to the fight that broke them up.

"Nothing, I just...gah!" He looked at her apologetically. She was laughing and he fell in love with her all over again.

"Do you remember Ryan...our neighbour?" he tried to look serious what his brain was like a teenage boy's: shesaidour she said our shesaidour.

He calmed himself. "Is he the one that was always hitting on you?" Alex nodded. He waited for her to say something about a friend of his or his brother but she didn't. "I thought you hated him."

Alex bit her lip. "About a week after-" she stumbled on her words but he got the gist. "I was alone. He walked in, drunk as hell, thinking I was being robbed or something cause I smashed a lamp." she paused to look at her preoccupied daughter, picking her words carefylly. "I woke up on the floor. He was next to me with a couple of broken bones. I don't really remember what happened though."

She looked down. Ashamed. Logan searched her face. He was ashamed. He left her to the claws of that scumbag. "So...nine months later I have his kid and he's not as bad as what I thought. He's there all the time and we've got a good thing now."