Who's the Little Girl

"So," Thor broke the ice, "Who's the little girl Alex?" he asked, oblivious to Logan's internal meltdown.

Alex smiled at Thor. God he missed that smile. "I adopted Lily about a year ago." Alex stated simply.

His heart leapt for joy. The girl wasn't her child. But he couldn't help but wonder about the little girl's name. Lily was the name of his grandmother, who he vaguley remembered mentioning once.

The day proceeded without a hitch. At one stage they made eye contact. At another she stumbled over the words 'I love you.' because she couldn't look at him and say that without bursting into tears.

At that point everybody was looking at them strangely because it was supposed to be a love scene and they where reading the lines robotically. But Logan understood why she couldn't look at him and she didn't blame him for keeping all his emotions out of his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way Thor looked at them, they knew they where in for a world of pain for avoiding the 'love' that was essential to the scene.

He came up to them after the reading was over, after ushering everyone out. "Alex, Logan, you two need some warming up. Maybe you two should spend the day together. Yes...go out and have lunch you, Alex and her little girl." he nodded. Proud of himself.

All Alex could think was: AweSum.