Emily took this as a chance to flee.

-

Mateo leaned against the tree, that he deemed as his and Emily's as he tried to hide his excitement. He had only finished dressing himself after shifting back from his wolf form. The first time Emily had seen him, she had turned so red that he almost that she'd pass out and he as well. He really hadn't wanted the first time he was naked in front of a girl to be like that.

He couldn't wait to show her what he did as he waited patiently for her. He had never thought in a million years that he would ever fall for a pureblood but, Emily was different. She was compassionate, sweet, and loving. None of the girls in the pack back home were even remotely as beautiful as his Emily or as gentle as she was.

He felt his excitement grow when he caught a whiff of her scent in the air. He could see her nearing in the distance and finally took notice of the distraught look on her face. "What's wrong?" He asked, his expression filled with worry. Emily looked up at him with tear filled eyes and opened her to tell him. He could feel his heart breaking in two, hearing her explanation of what occured before she came her. "I am so sorry you had to do something like that." He murmured, holding her against his chest as she cried quietly.

"I did not want to kill him, honest." She weeped. "It was an accident." She had picked up the stake when Luke was charging at her but her aim was for his stomach but when he had turned around, his body ending up slamming against the weapon in her hands. "Mateo, I do not marry anyone who is not you." She breathed, clutching his shirt as she sniffled. "I love you."

Mateo's eyes softened, his heart fluttered. "I love you as well, princess." He murmured, pressing a kiss to her head.

"I hate it when you call me that." She muttered, looking up at him with a faint blush on her cheeks.

He smirked softly, cupping her cheeks as he took in her expression and her scent before leaning down and kissing her gently. He could hear the way her heart fluttered as he deepened the kiss. The two pulled away feeling breathless. "Run away with me." He blurted out.

"What?" She breathed, staring at him wide eyed.

"Let's run away together. We can get away from all the prejudice and we can finally be together." He said, his eyes lighting up.

Her lips parted in shock. "But what about your sister?"

"We can take her with us. She already knows about you and she knows how much you mean to me. She will love you." He assured her, clasping her hands. "Emily, this could be our chance to live happily ever after."

Emily found herself smiling at the idea, nodding her head. "Okay."

"Yeah?" He asked her once more as his own smile grew seeing her nod once more and he cheered as he picked her up and spun her around causing her to let out a giggle

"Yeah?" He asked her once more as his own smile grew seeing her nod once more and he cheered as he picked her up and spun her around causing her to let out a giggle. He put her down and pulled her into a searing kiss.