Among his thoughts, he jumped when he saw a figure in his chambers out of the corner of his eye. He immediately turned to face them, ready to take on whoever dared enter his chambers, only to realize it was just Morgana. Sighing, he looked at her as she smirked at the sight of him.

"Aren't you supposed to be the best knight Camelot has seen in years?" She laughed, with no malice in her tone. It was just Morgana being herself, and it made Arthur happy that at least there was at least some type of regularity in his life, amongst wildly chasing after sorcerers and beasts that threatened the safety of the kingdom. He smiled at his sister.

"I am the best knight. There's no competition." He smirked.

"Oh, really? I seem to recall that I used to beat you in a fight of swords... every single time."

"Please, save me from the stories of how you would pummel me to the ground and pretend to plunge a sword through my heart, I was there. Oh, and, as far as I recall, I would let you win."

"That doesn't seem to agree with how you used to beg me for mercy, hm?"

"Oh, shut up, Morgana. We both know that isn't true."

"I beg to differ..." She said, and then let out a laugh as she remembered a simpler time, where she and Arthur would be wrestling in the courtyard, as most siblings would. Even before they'd known they were siblings, it hadn't taken them very long to fall into their roles of brother and sister. However, time had passed, and even though they still bickered like children, they couldn't live their lives as they had before. Growing up had meant more responsibilities as each year went by, and while Morgana had only to learn how to become a lady of the court, Arthur had been hounded as crown prince.

The thought of her dear little brother being forced to become a man and pack away his childhood before it had even ended brought a frown to her face. And here he was, striving to search after a sorcerer just to make the people happy. He shouldn't have to stress about something that hadn't happened, or even looked like it was going to happen.

"Morgana?" Arthur asked, noticing how she'd suddenly gone sullen. "What's wrong?"

"Arthur... don't you think searching for the sorcerer is just a waste of your resources?"

"What?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow, confused at her sudden change in demeanor. Where had it come from? "What are you talking about?"

"I just... don't you think it's about time to cease searching for something you won't be able to find? Emrys has been here for months, and yet he hasn't attacked? What if he isn't going to? All your plans will be wasted on him."

"How are you so sure he isn't? What if, say, I do draw back, and then he strikes right when we think he isn't going to?! Innocent lives will be killed, and it will be my fault!"

"Don't you see?! Look at what this is doing to you, you've turned into a madman! I have no doubts that every single waking thought you have revolves around how to find this sorcerer!"

"Well, of course it does! How should I be expected to be able to rest when my people are frightened for their lives?!"

"This has nothing to do with the people! It has to do with the fact that you're so worried about Emrys that you've turned away from the people in your life!"

"That's not true!" Arthur tried, but his voice cracked in the middle.

"You barely talk to me anymore, and the knights are worried for your health. You constantly have bags under your eyes, and you're always tired. Leon told me you could barely keep up with Lancelot when you were training."