Chapter 24

Thomas POV 

"You okay, Tommy?" Newt says as he helps me walk through the hospital so we can go back home. 

From all the medication the doctors gave me, I'm still a little drowsy so it's hard to walk around. 

"Mhm. Yes." I reply back to him. 

Many doctors are walking around the hospital but one looks directly at Newt. 

"Newt?" She questions looking at him. 

I look over at Newt and he just looks down. 

The doctor comes over to us. 

"Remember me? Dr. San?" She asks him. 

I nudge Newt to look up. 

He listens to my nudge and looks up to give a smile. 

"Yes, I do. Nice to see you, but we actually need to go." He tells her and pulls my arm so we can get going. 

Sorry

I silently mouth to her. 

We start walking away from the doctor. .

"Newt? -" I say to him. 

"It's fine, it doesn't matter." He says to me.

I look behind us to see the doctor. She is looking back at us but doesn't try to stop us from walking away from her. 

I don't want to upset Newt so I don't say anything, but why is he so stubborn with her?

When we finally get to his car and sit down I can't help myself but ask him,

"What was that about?" 

He starts the car and looks behind to start reversing. 

"Newt! What the fuck! You can't just ignore me!" I look at him. 

"I don't want to talk about it." He says while he turns the wheel.

God that's so sexy. 

No.

No.

Thomas, stop it! 

"Well, I do. You obviously know her and I want to know how." I tell him sternly. 

"Fine. It's honestly not a big deal. But you know how my arm was hurt a couple of months ago? Yeah, I tried to like commit suicide so yeah my arm was injured and she was the doctor that took care of me while I was in the hospital." He sighs.

Wow. 

He says that so carelessly. 

How can he? 

Omg.

Wait. 

So when I bumped into him on the first day. 

His arm. 

"Why did you tried to kill yourself?" I ask him. 

"Because of Danny." Newt tells me.

I'm quiet. 

There are two sides to Newt. 

One is where he is the most caring and happiest person that can be and then the other is where he is a stuck up wall. Well not completely stuck up but just someone that is going through a lot of pain. 

Newt goes through so many things but he doesn't say anything. 

I want him to talk to me more.