"Never been in a starfighter, have you?" Rey shook her head

"How about tonight? After dinner?" He asked. Rey blushed.

"How about we get this Racer out of the hanger first." She replied. Poe smiled.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said.

XXX

After dinner, Rey went to her room to wash up before heading back to the hangers. She washed her hands and face. Her mind wandered as she tugged at her hair. It was sticking to the back of her neck from the humidity of the swamp.

Poe was obviously very friendly and kind. Rey wasn't used to such attention from men. She wondered what he liked about her. She wasn't special. She wasn't as good at piloting ships as he was. Nor did she feel she was exceptionally good looking. Certainly not ugly, but she didn't feel beautiful.

She begun to fix her hair back into her triple bun style, thinking to herself as she stared into the mirror. She thought of how Finn had looked at her back on Jakku, and now how his eyes softened and cheeks went red when he looked at Rose. She thought of how Ben had been almost human that night in front of the fire. The slight tingle of electricity she had felt when their fingertips touched. The flicker of light in him she sensed. The look he gave her after she had landed on Snoke's ship from the drop off pod. Their proximity in the elevator. How he had said 'please' when asking for her to rule the new world with him.

"Going somewhere?" Came a voice from behind her.

Rey jumped and turned around, one of the buns in her hair drooping.

Ben had his arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe of her bathroom. A half amused, half annoyed look crossing his face.

"Why is it a matter to you?" She said, turning back to the mirror and re-adjusting the fallen bun.

"You look like you're going somewhere." He said. She ignored him, hoping he would go away.

"I thought you didn't want to connect again." She said finally, after he didn't dissipate.

"Oh, I didn't. This was YOUR doing." He said, a smirk itching at the corner of his lips.

"What's that supposed to mean."

"It seems...." He trailed off. He cleared his throat, looking at everything but her. "It seems we connect when...." How could he tell her without letting her know he had been thinking of her.

"Connect when...." Rey said, trying to drag the answer out of him.

"When... We think..... ofeachother" He mumbled the last part. It was quiet for a moment.

"HA!" Rey laughed loudly. Ben glared at her.

"As if you would think about someone besides yourself." She said.

This angered Ben.

"Have you already forgotten that I could have KILLED you?" He hissed.

"Just because you killed Snoke doesn't make you a hero. You overthrew him. There's a difference." She hissed back.

"Think about it." Ben said. "If I hadn't been..... Plotting to destroy you, we wouldn't be connecting at all!" He shouted. Yeah, plotting. That would work. That sounded more like something he'd say. A hell of a lot better than the truth.

Rey crossed her arms in annoyance. Her mind went through the times they had connected.

Ben watched her as she stood silently. He held back from reading her thoughts. He could see the wheels turning in her head just from the look on her face. A slow color of pink rose up to her cheeks.