Chapter 9

Alright guys, i am doing something new. no more chapters until i get 500 like comments or reads. It can be 1 vote and 499 comments. Just 500 actions total. Ready guys..? ... Here is Chapter 9

It was nearly two in the afternoon when I finally came back to consciousness. The open window in my bedroom blinded me as my eyes slowly fluttered open. I had lain there in bed for a moment contemplating staying in bed or getting and finding something productive to do with my day. My bed seemed to be my best friend at the moment, but the day was still young, and I was certain that there was plenty to do.

Against my body’s demand, I sat up and stretched out my sore, stiff body. With a large yawn, I pushed all of my hair out of my face, and got up out of the bed. I walked out of the bed room and into the living room only to find that I had the apartment to myself for the time being. God only knew where Jared was, and I could probably guess where Donny was.

In all honesty, I felt a tiny bit offended that he didn’t want me to go with him to help with Hollies’ arrangements, but I had no room to be offended. This was his sister, his best friend. If he needed the support or the help, he would have asked me.

I shook the thought from my head and as if on cue there was a knock at the door. Without any thought, I absent mindedly walked over and opened the door to find Travis.

"Travis," I began. "What are you doing here?" I asked. At the moment, he belonged at home, in bed, asleep. He looked terrible. There were massive, dark bags under his eyes, his eyes were blood shot from what looked like the worst hangover he had probably ever had. My suspicions were aquited when I got a sweet musky scent; marijuana.

"I uh…" Tears filled his eyes and looked away trying to hold them back. He took a deep breath and continued. "Is Brandon here? I need to talk to him." He no longer could hold his tears back. A tear quickly slid down his cheek leaving behind a narrow trail.

"No, he is out right now." I felt a bit disappointed not being able to tell him Donny was here, but what else could I tell him? "Would you like to come in and wait for him to get here? He should be getting home any time soon." I asked trying to change his mood.

He stood there and stared at me for moment trying to decide if he should stay or come back another time. "I guess I can wait for a minute. It’s not like I have to be anywhere any time soon." He said. With that I stepped aside and let him walk in the door.

As soon as I closed the door the room became ten times denser. Travis was quietly sobbing with his back turned to me, and I had no idea what he wanted with Donny, nor did I even know what to say to him.

"Would you like a glass of water or something?" I asked turning towards him.

He sat down on the couch and placed his face in the palms of his hands. He took yet another deep breath and looked up at me. "A glass of water would be nice." He answered.

I gave him a quick nod and exited the room. Quickly, I went about my business in the kitchen and brought Travis a glass of water and with one sip nearly the entire glass was gone. He set it down on the coffee table in front of him and he fell back into the couch. I watched in silence as he nestled comfortably into my couch cushions.

"So if you don’t me asking," I began. I sat down in the recliner that was in the corner of the room and continued. "Why do you need to talk to Donny?"

"I just have something to return." He leaned back and reached into the depth of his pocket and pulled out a shinny strand of metal. He kept it in his hand while trying to untangle it. It was a rather thick chain and dangling on the end of it looked to be a simple silver ring.

Curiosity was eating at my core. "What is that?" I asked staring at the ring. I caught a glance before he closed his eyes and clenched the chain tightly in his hand. Another tear ran down his cheek.