“Yeah. Theo’s driving so I picked up the phone. What’s up?”

            “What is taking you so long? Don’t tell me Theo is driving at grandma pace to talk with you as long as possible. No, wait don’t tell me. You guys took long because you wanted to make up for lost time.” I could feel her winking on the other end. My cheeks flushed as I turned my back to Theo so he wouldn’t notice as he pulled into a spot.

            “Would you shut up before I stuff your face into a popcorn bucket. Theo and I are in the parking lot and will be there in two minutes. Bye.” I said and cut the phone before Sammie could embarrass me anymore. Theo ran to my side of the car and opened the door for me once again. I got out as he closed the door and led the way into the theatre.

            “So, what did Sammie want?” He asked rubbing his hands together.

            “She was wondering what is taking us so long. I told we were right outside.” Theo smiled and opened the door for me. I couldn’t help but smile. He was a gentleman and it was starting to feel like a date. Oh no. These feelings can’t arise. This is a mission. Swallow those butterflies with some popcorn, Aurora. I spotted Sammie who was holding onto someone’s arm. Looking closely it turned out to be Josh. Thankfully he didn’t have mud in his hair this time. I pulled Theo along as he looked dreamily at the popcorn machine.

            “Sammie!” I yelled and waved my arm to get her attention. She turned and saw me and pulled Josh along to meet Theo and me in the middle. While the two guys shook hands and greeted one another I pulled Sammie aside.

            “Well at least he isn’t pulling your hair.” I said as Sammie punched my arm, but had a smile on her face. Something about her was different. Her face was lit up and  her smile was wide.

            “He’s changed, Aurora. Give him a chance. All that aside, this date is going to be the beginning of your romance novel. Just imagine it, two teenagers madly in love, and their passionate love for one another cannot keep them apart.” I rolled my eyes.

            “If I wanted to write about ‘passionate love’ I would have just mashed up the plot of ten different romance movies and pasted a picture of a couple looking off into the sunset on the cover.” Just as Sammie was about to protest Josh and Theo had made their way over to us. Josh held out his arm for Sammie, and Sammie with a smile that even the Joker could not imitate, grabbed a hold of his arm.

            “We’ll see you inside the theatre.” Said Josh. The two of them turned and started walking. Josh was talking about something, and Sammie listened enthusiastically. She leaned as though she couldn’t bare to miss a word his was saying. Her eyes light up every time he smiled and she was in a trance with him. I must have been standing there for a good five minutes because Theo stood beside me with two tickets and a bucket of popcorn. I turned to tell him how Sammie looked like she was under a spell, but it turns out Sammie wasn’t the only person. Theo had a warm smile on his face as he handed me my tickets. As I took mine I could feel the butterflies in my stomach begin to move faster. Oh no. I said I wasn’t going to feel those butterflies. In fear that I would embarrass myself, I stuck my hand in the popcorn bucket and stuffed my face with popcorn in an attempt to a) stop myself from blushing and b) stop myself from saying anything stupid.

            “Aurora, you sure you’re alright? Because if you’re not, I can always tell same you got the flu or something and we can leave.” He said trying real hard to hold back his laughter. I shook my head no, as my mouth was still filled with popcorn. He slipped his hand into mine and began to pull me towards the theatre. I almost choked on the popcorn when he did that. But fortunately I swallowed it and followed him. As he looked straight ahead trying to find our theatre number I looked down at our entwined hands. His hands were larger than mine, but I liked it, it made me feel small and petite; and every once in a while his thumb would skim across the back of my hand. I was starting to get feelings and I knew they had to be stopped. I wiggled my hand from his gripped. Theo was quick to look over at me. At first he looked a little hurt, but I gave him a smile and he smiled back.