Close to Perfection

CHAPTER 1

Dear dad,

I-I miss you. I hope you know that i didn't mean anything I said before you left. I love you and I hope you are at peace. I think about you all the time and I'm pretty sure mom does too. She changed alot. It seems like she doesn't care much about anything or anyone. She became someone else. Not herself. I try to avoid her but she just finds things to bother me about. She isn't really home much either and im starting to worry about her. She leaves for days then comes home like everything is ok. I can tell she misses you. She cries herself to sleep sometimes. You cant blame her right? You left us so soon. Sometimes i tell myself that your just out there in the world lost. Not knowing where to go. Not knowing if you will take a wrong turn. Or just heading down an endless path leading to nowhere. Stupid right? Yea.. I miss you dad. I wish this was all just a dream.

Love ,

Falen

This letter was from 2 years ago. I remember shedding tears writing each word. My dad was my best friend. He died when i was just 5 years old. I saw him die. Murdered. My childhood innocence was gone after that. I cut everyone off. My family members and friends. Except for Alexa. She is my best friend and was there for me through everything. There were times i tried to push her away but she stayed through all my tantrums and fits. I love her to death.

It was 1 in the afternoon and I was still in the house doing nothing. Alexa is out with her boyfriend Andre. They've been dating for about two years now. Hes a great guy and treats her right. If he didn't we would have some problems. I sat on my couch and watched some t.v. I heard the front door open and slam shut.

"Dammit!" I heard someone say

It was my mom. She usually always comes in angry. It wasn't new to me. She walked in the living room to where I was watching t.v. in this short red dress that's nearly showing her ass. She's been gone for 2 days.

"Elena honey have you seen my-my glasses. My sunglasses?"

Really shes gone for 2 days and waltz in and asks me for glasses?

I roll my eyes and point to the kitchen. She walks to the kitchen grabs her glasses and leaves. No Goodbye. Sometimes i feel like she leaves because she doesn't want to be around me. Probably because i remind her too much of dad. I understand.

Snapping me out of my thoughts my phone rings. Its Alexa i already knew because no one else would call me.

"Hello?" I say dully

"Girl come to this party with me and Andre tonight!" She says excitedly

"Eh I don't know i don't really feel like doing anything tonight" I say

"Cmon don't make us go over there and drag you" She jokes

I laugh.

"Fine. What time?" I ask

"It starts at 9. We'll pick you up around 8:30" She said

"Ok fine" I say

"Alright see you there love. Byyeee" She says

"Bye" I say hanging up.

Either this was a good idea or a horrible one. I have nothing else to do so why not?

I already have a bad feeling about this..

~*HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!! SORRY IF ITS TOO SHORT OR WHATEVER LOL. PLEASE RATE, VOTE, AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND CHAPTER 2 WILL BE UP SOON!*~