Chapter 37: Location

Jess's POV.

"So, where is it then?" I asked, as all of us filed around the glass ball in which we originally.

"We're hoping that this ball can show us.  It hasn't always worked, but we're hoping it'll show us this time," Griffin said.  "Usually we just use it to check the surface."  As she spoke, a glassy image of the noontime mesa appeared.  Alex and Steve placed their hands on the orb.

"Show us where Herobrine resides," Alex said, and an image slowly began to appear.  It showed...a hill of netherrack.  Everyone stared at it in confusion.

"Umm......that's......netherrack?" Ashio questioned in confusion.

"But that's new," Kitsune wondered.  "Usually it just turns dark and refuses to show anything.  I wonder if he's in the Nether."

"Hmm......" Steve rotated the orb, as the image turned to show a 360 view of the area.

"Wait, what's that?" Jesse interrupted the ball mid-rotation and pointed at a small block jutting out.  It seemed like a quartz block, with a torch sitting on top of it.

"Huh.  A torch?  I thought torches aren't natural ..." Olivia trailed off.  "Unless a world naturally does that."

"They're not," Petra #2 stated.  "Even in the fiery worlds, the light is usually from lava or other light sources.  Torches have to be manually crafted and placed."

"Then his base must be under the netherrack," I realized.  "But which world?"

"The Nether.  Look!"  Alex pointed out an area with some Nether mobs: pigmen, ghasts, and a magma cube.  "Those are definitely Nether mobs.  You won't find those anywhere else.  The question is: Where in the Nether is he?"

"Oh, there you people are,"  a voice said from behind them.  They turned around to see Harper and Isa walking behind them.  Harper's arm was almost healed thanks to a healing potion, and the only hint that something had happened was a small scratch.

"Mom!" River ran over and hugged her.

"River!" Harper hugged back.

"Wait, you two are related?" Rush exclaimed in surprise.

"Well, yeah.  She was captured by Herobrine when she was young, but she's back now," Harper explained.

"That's why I'm fighting against him," River said.

"So, should we just search the Nether for Herobrine?" Mizuko asked skeptically.  "I mean, that would take a long time."

"Well, I suppose we could try using the ball to travel..." Alex considered.

"Wait, that ball can be used to travel?!" Griffin yelled.  "Why didn't you ever tell us?"

"We never thought of mentioning it, and it's not always a very reliable means of transportation.  And it can only be used in certain points of time," Steve explained.

"What......times?" Celestia said hesitantly.

"It's kinda strange, but it only works during a full or new moon," Steve said.  "Probably because we enchanted it or something while there was a full moon, so it happens to work during new moon too."

"Hmm..." Kitsune pulled out a chart.  "We're in luck. There's going to be a new moon tomorrow night."

"And we also need something from where we want to go," Alex pulled out a shard of obsidian.  

"But we got that covered."

"So we'll prepare everything we need today," Griffin said.  "And tomorrow," her gaze darkened.  

"Herobrine will finally get what he deserves."

Kitsune put the invisible block away in her inventory, as everyone else prepared to leave.

Jesse's POV.

I unsheathed my sword in our room, gazing at the shining blade blade.  Jess also pulled out hers, the red sword emitting a warm heat.

"Did your sword change too?" I asked.  She nodded.

"It ignites too," she said, and the sword expelled a small stream of fire, which quickly extinguished itself.

"Cool!" Petra walked over to us.  "Can I see?"

Jess handed her the sword, but as soon as Petra's hand grasped the handle, she dropped it immediately.  "Yowch!"  She held her hand, and I noticed the skin was raw and red.

"Are you okay?" I asked in concern, and she waved it aside.

"I'm fine, it's only a small burn.  I guess this prevents others from using the weapon against you."

"So then, what does mine do?" I wondered curiously.

"Let's see," Axel reached for it before I could shout a warning, but apparently there was no need, because the sword teleported out of his hand right as he touched it.  He made a few more lunges for it, but every time he started to grasp it, the sword vanished, and reappeared a few feet away.

I walked over and picked it up.  "Well, good to know."

The door opened, and Griffin poked her head in.  "I was wondering if you guys wanted to practice a bit.  You know, before we go after Herobrine tomorrow."

"Sure, practice would be great," I nodded, the others agreeing.

"C'mon, follow me," she led us down a few stairs, which opened up into a wide square room filled with different activities.  The center was a circular expanse, for sparring.  There was a parkour area in one side, and the other side was a dodging course, where arrows would shoot and we would have to try and avoid all of them until the timer ran out.
Rush, Ruby, Mizuko, Purple, Morgan, Ashio, and River were already there, practicing.  Purple and River were on the arrow course, the former using teleportation to dodge, and the latter using speed.  Rush and Purple were doing a parkour race, and Morgan hovered above them, timing, while Ruby tried to trip them up.  Steve and Alex clashed blades with Kitsune and Celestia in the middle, all of them using their powers to block and retaliate.  They stopped and waved when they saw us.

"Hey!" Alex waved us over.  "You guys want to spar?"

"Sure!" Jess replied and walked over to them, us following.

"So, how should we do this?" Lukas asked.

"Since we might have an advantage if we do us against you guys, we should split into halves?" Celestia suggested. 

"Jess, Lukas, Olivia, Axel, Griffin, and Kitsune against Jesse, Petra, Steve, Alex, and Me.  When you have 3 hearts (full hearts, 3/10), you're out."

"Sounds fair," I nodded.  The rest agreed, and we split up into the two groups.

"On your mark," I shouted.  "Get set...FIGHT!"

We charged.

Uhh, posted this on the iPad again, since my mom's on the computer, so I think the spacing might be weird?  Not sure.  Anyways, Lori_The_Wolfie told me that River was the daughter of Ivor and Harper awhile ago, so I tried my best to fit that somewhere into the story.  Hope I did an okay job, it was kinda abrupt putting that in.  But other than that, hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griff Out!ᾦ

Edit: I fixed the spacing.  It was bothering me XD.