her ─ two

"and i got... her number!"

namjoon quickly turn around to jaehyun as he's closing the door. jaehyun's happy steps around their medi cube disturbed him even more.

"how? did she gave you?"

"heh no─ i asked someone. she didn't even look at me," jaehyun look at the piece of paper while smiling. "i'm gonna save this number,"

that happiness of yoo jaehyun almost make namjoon lost his mind. but after thinking rationally, he make a conclusion : hani will never respond to him if he ever texted her. well, he mentioned about how she didn't even look at him.

good luck, man. namjoon smirks but then he look at the younger doctor again. but this rascal is quite handsome, and he's rich too. his parents, and maybe his ancestors were all doctors as well. she'll probably attracted to him. its not impossible.

namjoon is restless. he keep thinking how he can stop all this when suddenly another doctor came in to call jaehyun.

"dr yoo, the director called." she said.

"alright,"

jaehyun get his file and namjoon noticed that he left hani's number that he wrote between the pages in his notebook.

and the notebook is left there. right in front of namjoon. namjoon look at the door. jaehyun already left the medi cube.

its only him and that one piece of paper in that small room now.

"uh... where is it?" jaehyun rummage his desk, searching for something. doctor kim minji who's completing the report turn her attention to that male doctor.

"what is it?"

"uhm.. just something. i'm pretty sure i put that here this evening."

"can i know what is that something? maybe i can help you search for it," minji said.

"its a piece of paper," jaehyun scratches his head. "its not much but its reaally important for me,"

"is it a note?"

"yeah something like that─ but mostly numbers," jaehyun look all over his drawers. minji also help looking for a piece of paper on the floor.

while namjoon outside, he keep apologizing to jaehyun. he don't want to do this either but he have to. he want her back.

on the way back to the doctor's tent ; he take out his phone and sit on the nearest bench in that small town.

with a thumping heart, he gained all the courage to call that number.

"hello?"

its a woman's voice. but he's not sure if that is hani's voice.

"hello,"
"is this─"

namjoon paused when he caught a silhouette not far from him, wearing a complete army uniform walking toward him. "hani?"

"hello?"
"who's this?"

"i'm sorry,"
"i dialled the wrong
number,"

he quickly end the call and his eyes following hani until she's right in front of him.

its like the typical scene in television drama, where everything move in slow motion, and the wind caressing her hair softly. that effect make hani looks so beautiful to him. like, very very beautiful. he can't describe how much he want to hug her and tell her he missed her so much. that short moment leaving him to look at her closely, as much as he can.

"do you have any business around here?" she asks.

"not really. is there anything wrong?" different from the picture in his head, he speaks formally like how they did before.

"since the recent collapsed building incident, we made a curfew for all volunteers. you can't be here at night after 9pm. please get back to your tent. our team will be patrolling here from now on to ensure everyone'a safety. i hope you can cooperate with us."

the way she talk to him like he's a total stranger. so formal and so cold.

without namjoon get to utter a word of reply, hani walk away.

take care.
be safe.
don't work too hard.

he wish he could say all that to her. but the fact that she starts talking to him now is enough.

"you're so cool now, babe." he turn back to look at her for the last time today. from the limited dim lighting, he can see hani giving instructions to her team.

the beret, her long neck, the kinda dirty  uniform from all the rescue, gun, her belt, her boots. everything.

"..and so hot. to die for,"

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

+ how is it so far +