Change The Future

I stood there with anger in my eyes.  I needed to pull it together... in my timeline it hadn't even happened yet.  Kara looked at me, slowly walking towards me.

"Why aren't you angry?" I asked her.

"Kara..."

"Don't you love Alex?" I saw her eyes turn from scared to rage.  She flew as fast as she could and hit me up against the wall.

"DO NOT PUT MY LOVE FOR ALEX UP TO THE TEST!  YOU ARE IN THE PAST, THINGS HAVE CHANGED!" I nodded quickly.  I looked at my arm and saw that I had a huge cut going down to my wrist.  Kara looked at her arm, and saw a scar form there.  She looked at me with pure shame.

"I-I'm sorry..." She kept her distance, not knowing if I was angry or scared.

"It's okay... I know you are." I went up to her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry for putting our love for Alex to the test."

"It's okay... at least we're on the same page now." I looked at her and cocked my head.

"Since when do I say 'On the same page'?"

"Since....now I guess." I looked at her and giggled.

As I turned around, the window crashed.  A figure walked through the door and stared at Kara.  I backed away, seeing what I knew in the future.

"Reign... what do you want?" Reign smiled and walked toward her.

"Oh... no I just came to tell you that your lovely miss Luthor and I decided to team up.  Maybe, I'll be a better friend to her than you were." I started to get extremely angry.  Reign didn't know I was there, so the other Kara motioned for me to stay put.  I nodded to Kara and looked at Reign.

"When Lena finds out that you're Sam... She will never look at you again." Reign smiled and walked around.

"You see, you're wrong.  You know why?  Well, you being Supergirl... well, you being Supergirl doesn't make you any smarter.  But, I was going to say that when she finds out how strong I am, she will want my protection." Kara lost control. She charged at Reign, but Reign slammed her up against the wall.

Kara fought Reign off a little... I stood there.  I didn't know what to do.  Reign was throwing some severe punches at her... I couldn't just stand there.  When Reign backed up a little, Kara was on the ground.  Her head was bleeding and she was scared.  Reign looked at her and smiled.

"Goodbye old friend..." right before Reign could shoot her heat vision at her... I shot first.  I used my heat vision to go through Reign.

When I saw that the heat had gone through, I couldn't believe what I had done.  I had... killed someone.  I stood there as Reign's body hit the ground.  Kara looked at me with a shocked look on her face.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to-"

"Just stop." I stood straight and waited for her to talk.  She got up slowly off the ground and walked towards me.

"Since when does Supergirl kill?" She looked at me as my eyes filled with water.  Now I really had a motivation to change the future.  I couldn't even think about killing Lillian... now Reign? Sam?

"Please tell me how to avoid all of this... I can make sure everyone is safe."

"Yeah. You probably need to get back to your timeline.  In three years, Alex will be captured by Cadmus.  You need to make sure she's safe.  Try to help Lena, and don't kill Lillian." I nodded my head.  I looked at Kara and shook her hand.  Kara opened a breach and I began to walk through it.  As I turned around I saw her waving, I waved back.

Here I was, back in my loft.  Everything I had experienced was... insane.  I learned a lot from going to meet myself. I definitely matured in the future.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I got a text from J'onn:

Hi Kara, I just wanted to let you know that Alex is doing well.  She's still a little confused... but she knows who you are.  She loves you.  She's Alex.  See you around.

I got extremely happy to hear that Alex was okay.  So I left my apartment and flew over to the DEO.

I lightly knocked on the door as I walked in.  She had her head down, staring blankly at the floor.

"Hey Alex... it's me.  Are you okay?"

"I'm so sorry that I didn't remember, Kara," I had tears in my eyes,"I can't imagine what it would be like if you couldn't remember me..."

"It's okay Alex.  For real it is.  I'm uhh... I'm sorry for this... I was so self centered that I didn't stop to think about you."

"It's alright Kara, it really is." I smiled and held Alex's hand.  Apparently, it looked like something was on my mind.

"Hey, Kara what's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just glad you're okay." Right as Alex was about to say something, J'onn came into the room telling me that there was a robbery.

"Well, duty calls!" I smiled and flew out of the DEO, happy to be home.