Broken Friends

Kara's POV

I felt so free soaring in the sky. I soared above the buildings and restaurants. I listened to the people grabbing takeout for their loved ones. I also listened to the mothers taking care of their children when they were sick. It reminded me of what I was doing. Seeing Lena. I didn't know if she knew I was Supergirl, but that and coming back after 7 years... I didn't know.

I came closer and closer to Catco. I knew she would be there, always working. She really only had me and my friends. So I knew that she would be trying to get her mind off of anything that led her to thinking about me.  I also became more stressed, just picturing her face of devastation.  First of all, that I had lied to her for all these years.  Second, that I'm back after 7 years.  I wished that it went well.

As I landed on the balcony at Catco, I made sure that everyone was gone. I looked into The office and saw Lena sitting on the couch holding a wine glass.  I knew that this was going to be difficult from the moment I looked in.  So, I ripped off the band-aid and walked inside.  She didn't notice me at first, until I said my first words.

"Lena..." Lena stood up quickly and threw the wine glass at me.  What a great way to come back after 7 years.  I just looked at her.

"Who the hell?  I don't understand!  I'm calling Alex!" I watched her pick up the phone and dial her number.  She put the phone up to her ear and waited for her response.  She stood there with fear in her eyes as she and I both waited.  Finally, Alex picked up.

"Hey, Lena what's goin-"

"There is someone who looks exactly like Kara!  Who the hell is it?"

"She's not a doppleganger... It's Kara." Lena then hung up the phone and stared at me.  I didn't know what to do.  She was staring at me blankly.  Well, she knew that Supergirl=Kara Danvers so at least that was taken care of.

"Lena?  Are you okay?" Lena still stared at me.  She was... there is no word in the English language that can describe it.  Only Kryptonian.  Which would be, ₩○》◇¥.

"How could you..."

"Lena?" I became extremely worried.  She had never acted like this before, so I had no idea what to expect.

"You just left me!  Then you lied then.... I.... now you're back?" Lena didn't even know how to process everything.  I felt horrible.  I didn't know how to even talk to her.  One wrong move and... I can't even say.

"Lena, I'm so sorry.  You have no idea-"

"No you have no idea how hard it's been to be without you!  All I wanted for seven years was my best friend.  In that time I had to figure out that you've been lying to me this entire time!" Lena was crying, I was almost crying.

"It would be so hard for you to understand why I had to leave.  I wish that I could have told you that I was always here for you.  I'm sorry about keeping Supergirl hidden from you."

"Did you keep it hidden because I'm a Luthor?"

"Lena..."

"Answer my question!" I sighed and fiddled with my cape.

"That's not the whole reason..."

"Kara!  I thought you trusted me!  I thought that you understood me and how I didn't want to be known as Lex's sister!"

"Lena I-"

"I can't believe that I've lost two of my best friends.  First Sam and now you." I started to whimper.

"Lena, all I wanted was a hug... please don't do this to me."

"Just... go Kara.  Let me think about everything for now.  You can leave the same way you came in."  I wipped the tears that were streaming down my face and rubbed my eyes.  I slowly walked back to the balcony and looked at her.  Little did Lena know, that I knew more than her, and that I should be the one forgiving her...