Friendships Renewed

Kara's POV

I stood there, in my bathroom staring at myself.  Why had I become?  I didn't feel like the kind, loving Kara Danvers like I once was.  I felt like.... a monster.  Not like the kind that look scary, just the kind that hurts people.  I hurt my best friend, who knows what went on with everyone else.

I thought about my other friends and just wondered how they would react to my presence.  Well, Alex must have said something to them because as I was softly crying on the couch, James, Winn, J'onn, and Alex came in the door with potstickers.  As they walked in, Alex saw me on the couch.

"Kara?  What's wrong?" She ran up to the couch and faced me.

"I-I'm fine..." I got up and wipped off the tears.  I ran up to Winn and James who were crying and gave them both a big hug.

"Kara I thought..." Winn could barely speak.  I wipped away his tears and hugged him really hard.  Then I turned to James, who was crying as well.

"James..." I hugged him.  He let out a lot of air as I pulled him in for a hug.

"Oh my god... Kara."

"It's ok, I'm right here."  Winn was pacing, with his hands on his head.  I could tell that he was extremely stressed out.

"Are you okay Winn?" Winn looked at me and wipped tears away from his eyes.

"I'll be ok.  It's just, I was so lost without you."

"It's okay Winn.  I'm right here." I stared into his eyes and he started into mine.  I rubbed his back as he just looked at me.  I could tell that he was both happy and fearful.  I just couldn't understand the fearful part of it.

A while later, I was getting tired of all this sadness and pain.  So, I just wanted awkward and funny Kara back.  I tried to be that, but it was really obvious to Alex that I was faking it.  I sat on the couch, 'smiling' at Winn trying to act like Supergirl. It was actually really funny, but at the time I couldn't keep my mind off Lena and what I thought about myself.

"I'm gonna go save the day! Fshoooo! Pow pow! The hostages are saved!" Winn bowed and James clapped.  I laughed and Alex was still looking at me.  I looked at her and gave her a look that said, we will talk later. She gave me a look that said, Kara, please. I looked at the time and it was 11:00 pm anyways.  I needed to get some sleep.

"Alright guys, well it's getting late.  See you guys tomorrow?" James and Winn both nodded and said,
"Bye Kara" at the exact same time.  I shut the door and looked at Alex who was waiting for me to be honest with her.

"Kara, be honest with me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"For god's sake Kara, just be honest.  Tell me what happened."  I sighed and fiddled with my hands.  Then I looked around the room wondering where to even begin.

"So, I went to see Lena... she ummm... called you.  She looked at me and was angry.  She was angry that I kept Supergirl from her," I started to cry, "I can't live without my best friend Alex." Alex then ran up to me and gave me a big hug.  She rubbed my back as I got her shoulder all wet with salty tears.

"We are going to get her back okay?" I looked at Alex.  I knew that I needed to tell her something else along with that.

"There's something else... that I didn't tell you." Alex looked at me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"You can tell me anything, Kara."

"Lena, designed the sword that Lillian used to kill me.  It was designed to kill me instantly if it touched my skin."  Then I realized how angry Alex was.

"What the hell is wrong with her?  You should be the one angry at her not the other way around!"

"Alex, just help me get my best friend back... please.  I'll talk to her about it." I looked at Alex with a pouty face.  I really didn't want her to be the one to talk to Lena.  Then Lena would never talk to me again.

"Fine."

"Thank you." I hugged Alex and rubbed her back.

"I love you, Kara.  Stay safe."

"I love you too Alex.  I will, stay safe." Alex gave me a half smile as I blasted out of my window and to Lena's house.

At Lena's House...

I landed on the sidewalk and walked up to her house.  I changed into my Kara Danvers outfit and knocked on the door.  I stood there, palms sweating and barely being able to keep still.  All I wanted was a hug.

"Kara?  Kara!  Oh my god I'm sorry for how I acted earlier!" I gave her a blank stare.  I walked into her door and crossed my arms.  I realized that I was standing in front of the person who helped in killing me.

"How can you stand there like that and not wish you were dead?" I asked Lena.  It was more of a challenge but you get the point.

"What do you mean?" I knew that Lena knew what I was talking about, but didn't want to think about it.

"Lena, don't do this.  I know that you designed the sword that killed me." With that Lena put her head in her hands.

"Kara I-" I tried so hard not to be angry.

"Lena, I'm not angry.  Just admit it and you have to tell me why you went through with it."  Lena didn't look like she could answer the question.  She just cried.

"Lillian said that she was going to kill you if I didn't... but I didn't know that you guys were the exact same person..." she started sobbing.  I didn't mean to make her cry.  So, I immediately felt horrible.

"Hey, hey... Lena I'm sorry.  I just, I didn't understand." I pulled her in for a hug.  She cried into my shoulder and apologized over and over again, for killing me.  After about 15 minutes of sobbing, I looked at her and was so happy to be able to physically touch her.

"I'm so happy to see you." I said wipping away some of her tears.

"Me too Kara, me too." We hugged for a long, long time.  Then, I heard a scary toned voice behind me.

Reign.