1. In the Beginning...

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me miss, we are Agents Banner and Stark," Dean said as he showed her their fake badges. I suppressed a snort as I heard their aliases. "We understand there have been people who have gone missing." Kelly's smile turned into a worried look.

"Oh yes agents, there have been a few people. I knew a few of them. A day after they had gone missing their bodies were found. It's really horrible. But the police said it was an animal attack, why is the FBI interested?" She rambled and as Sam was about to answer, I called them over.

"Yo, Agents! I can give ya some answers!" I said while waving my hand with a smile. They looked at me with a surprised expression. They didn't expect anyone to call them over, especially not the way I just did. But I liked to mess with people.

They excused themselves from Kelly and walked over to me.

"Ma'am we are Agents Banner and St-" Dean started again but I interrupted him.

"Cut the crap, Dean, and sit down," I said as I took a bite of my pie. I looked up at them and they looked at me like.. baffled fishes. Their mouths just opened and closed as they were trying to figure out what to say. A smirk made its way to my lips as I continued chewing the sweet god-made food.

"I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?" Sam asked, sounding a bit angry now. I gestured for them to sit down across from me and they finally gave in. After swallowing my pie I put down my fork and layed both my arms on the table.

"So. The famous Sam and Dean Winchester. I must say it is an honour to meet you guys," I said with my most serious face, a hint of sarcasm behind my words. They looked at each other and then back at me.

"Why?" They asked at exactly the same time. Must be some weird family, blood thing. Kind of creepy if you'd ask me.

I raised my hands above my head and looked at them as if it was obvious, which it was.

"Are you kidding me? You stopped the apocalypse. Saved everyone's asses and put Lucifer back in his hell cage. I'd say you're legends but I don't want to boost your ego too much." I lowered my arms and took another fork full of the pie. Dean looked at it with lust in his eyes, but I ignored his stare.

"Anyway, you came here for a vamp case. But you can go back to wherever it is Winchesters come from. Case is solved, though the civilians don't know that yet," I told them, dropping the 'honoured to meet you' act.

"So you're a hunter," Sam stated the obvious. I rolled my eyes.

"No I'm actually a river dancer but thanks for the compliment." Now it was their turn to roll their eyes. At that moment Kelly came to our booth.

"Can I get you anything else?" She asked me but I told her I'm good and that the pie was delicious. She smiled at me and then asked the 'agents' if they wanted something to eat. Dean ordered pie and Sam just wanted some coffee. When Kelly was away again we continued our little conversation.

"How are you sure the case is solved?" Dean asked.

"Ganked the vampire responsible yesterday," I answered looking him in his eyes.

"And what makes you think it wasn't a whole nest of vampires?" Sam asked while crossing his arms over his chest. Dean looked at his brother and immediately did the same. I questioned myself if Dean really was the older one.

"There aren't any abandoned caves or mines or buildings in the area the people went missing. And I'm pretty sure the vampire that attempted to attack me last night was alone," I answered as the professional I was. I might have been a bit cocky about my skills, though, as Sam and Dean looked at me with a smug smile.

"And what time was that? If I may ask," Dean questioned, a twinkle in his eye.

"Around ten, eleven-ish, I guess. Why?" Dean smirked.

"Another person went missing around midnight last night. Care to explain how that could be if the case was solved?" Dean asked and any expression I had on my face dropped. No, I couldn't have missed something, could I? I never miss something! Not once!

"You're bluffing." Last attempt to get myself out of this huge blunder. Sam shook his head and pulled out this morning's news paper from the pocket of his blazer. I snatched it out of his hand and sure enough, the headline read "ANOTHER ANIMAL ATTACK LAST NIGHT". I let my head fall onto the table in defeat. This was exactly why I wasn't looking forward to talking with the freaking Winchesters. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"But we could use your help finding and clearing out the nest. You seem like a pretty good hunter," Sam said. I lifted my head from the table and gave him my death stare. A pretty good hunter?

"A pretty good hunter? Listen buddy, I'm one of the best hunters you will ever meet, so yeah, you do need my help. But I work better alone. And I sure as shit don't need your help." He looked baffled at my response and Dean just sat there with a smirk of his own. I stood up, left some cash for the coffee and the pie with a generous tip, and left. A voice in the back of my head told me my pride was getting the better of me, but I was fuming. Of course they thought they were the best! If you could've heard Sam saying I could hunt with them! He said it like it was a freaking honour!

No way in hell. Just no way.