[T H I R T Y]

IT WAS LATE on a cold, Friday night in December 1977. The cold wind blew past the wooden panelled windows of the Gryffindor common room, which was home to a few very well acquainted Gryffindor's. Most of the younger years had retired off to bed from the bedtime they put on younger years, however that didn't stop older years from staying up later and having fun with friends. Maia was in the normal position on the comfortable, plush red lounge chair rereading Matilda for the umpteenth time while her friend Lily was lying on the matching love seat behind her, letting her eyes and mind close in simple meditation. 

All was peaceful and quiet for awhile, as it should be at that time of night. The crickets could be heard faintly chirping and the firewood in the fireplace was cracking under the harsh burn of the fire. The soft breathing of both girls could be heard if you truly listened. It was peaceful.

BANG! 

The door to the common room shot open and five people emerged from the outside. Maia and Lily bolted straight up in shock and groaned as the four boys who were a constant tornado in their life came toward them. Leena was also with them, for reasons unknown to Maia. However, she wasn't a big shock. She came to the Gryffindor common room all the time now that the girls were close friends - and it was nice to spend time with the socially unhinged 16 year old.

Maia tried not to eye Sirius as he joked around with his friends, but she could help but appreciatively stare at him. James loudly - or at least as loud as he could with Lily's hand over his mouth - tried to serenade Lily with a french tune. While doing so, Sirius and Peter egged him on, dancing with each other of what seemed to be the cha-cha (however it was messy and unformulated). Remus and Leena were both talking to each other quietly, Leena's arms wrapped around her torso in a comfortable position. Remus said something and they both started laughing. Maia smiled at that.

"What do you want?" Lily sighed, seeming already over James' antics. James smiled at her a grabbed her hand, kissing it swiftly. Lily recoiled and shivered in disgust, wiping her hand on her robe. James frowned fro a millisecond in sadness before he metaphorically 'got back on the horse' and smiled flirtatiously at her.

"Well, Lily-kins, we've decided that tonight of all nights, is the night to play a game of truth or dare!" James clapped his hands together in excitement. Sirius then stepped forward to continue where James left off before Lily or myself could turn down the idea.

"And..." He drew out his word. "there's a twist to it!"

Maia's eyebrows raised above her hair line as she softly closed her book, her bookmark neatly tucked into the page she left it on.

"Oh? What might that be?" Sirius' eyes turned to her and with a gallant smirk he reached into this trouser pocket for what seemed to be a small potion bottle.

"Behold! Veritaserum!" Lily gasped but Maia stayed still. This was definitely something that they would come up with.

"Absolutely not, Black! Did you forget that I'm a prefect?" Lily crossed her arms in discontent. James sighed and put his arm around her, starting a soon to be big quarrel between them.

"So," Sirius sat next to her on the lounge chair arm, throwing and catching the potion bottle in his hands. Maia leaned her head slightly up to meet his eyes. He looked calm and relaxed.

"You in for the game?" He asked. Maia pondered it, the gears in her brain turning. As long as there wasn't something that was too embarrassing, she would pick truth. Dare wasn't probably that bad either.

"Sure, why not?" Her boyfriend grinned as he held a hand up to high-five her. She accepted it of course with a smile. 'What's life without a little risk?' She pondered to herself. Sirius had said it earlier a couple days ago after she questioned him about his close getaway after his latest prank on Filch, and she couldn't seem to get that quote out of head. It seemed a quote that should have been in a book it was that well done. Kudos to Sirius, she guessed.