[E I G H T]

AFTER THAT INCIDENT, Maia and Sirius miraculously stopped hating each other in an incident the student body of Hogwarts liked to call a 'Sirius Maiacle'. As soon as Maia and Sirius heard what they we're talking about they both had different reactions.

Maia choked on her apple in surprise.

Sirius laughed. Mostly at the pun.

"That's horrible!" Maia yelled as soon as she swallowed the bit of apple that got stuck. Sirius started shaking in silent laughter. He ultimately started leaning on Maia for support. Finally breaking, Maia started giggling as well. Both James and Lily, who were on the other side of the room on the lounge - admired the sight of Maia and Sirius laughing together for what seemed like the first time ever. It was a weird sight - but probably a sight both of them could get used to.

"Who created that?" Maia demanded. James, Peter and Lily all pointed to Remus who shrank back on his chair - smiling guiltily but blushing all the same. Sirius got up of the lounge and bro-hugged Remus.

"Goodness, Moony. Didn't know you had in ya'!" Maia groaned and got her book before softly hitting her head with it.

"All respect I had for you Remus is gone." Remus laughed, smiling.

"Sorry Maia." Maia just shook her head and smiled back at him. Suddenly, a new feeling ran though his veins and it was unpleasant. He didn't know what that feeling was, but the one thing he knew was that he didn't like the smile Maia was giving Remus. He didn't like that at all.

"I'm going to bed now, bye guys." Sirius quickly got up and went up the stairs in a few strides. Finally out of sight, he leaned on the wall on the hallway that branched through the boys dormitories. Sighing, he tried to calm himself. The new feelings inside him were certainly bad.

Sirius felt a sudden hate towards Remus, like a primal instinct that made Sirius' stomach twist and turn - envious of the simple smile that Maia gave him. Sirius had felt envious many of times - Envious of James' full family, envious of the love his younger brother got instead of him. Heck, he was once envious of Maia's impeccable grades! He knew envy through and though, but this... this wasn't envy. It was stronger... more powerful. It squeezed and slithered around his body. Hot, steaming anger shot out of him like one-thousand volts to his body. To be honest - he wanted it to stop. Running up the hall to their dormitories, he quickly took off his shirt and flopped onto his bed. Shutting his eyes tightly, like he was scared to open them and find Remus and Maia haunting them. Finally, after a minutes silence, he drifted of to sleep in his comfortable bed.

____

Maia woke up the next morning, and immediately felt as if she had forgotten about something. She got out of bed, showered, brushed her teeth and put her favourite weekend clothes and perfume on. Humming a simple miscellaneous tune to herself, she racked her brain.

'Gave Matilda a brush?' Check.

'Give in my Charms assignment?' Check.

'Have I got my book in my bag?' Check.

Everything Maia thought of was accounted of, and she frowned at the cat who innocently meowed at her. Crouching down, she patted Matilda. Matilda meowed adorably and rolled over, demanding a belly rub. Not unwilling to comply with the request, Maia scratched her belly. The cat nudged her and purred affectionately. Picking her up, she decided to bring her down to the common room. There lay Remus and Lily, both reading on different sides of the room. Sitting on the three seater, Matilda nudged her jaw and purred.

"Hey guys," Maia smiled. Remus and Lily both looked up and their eyes landed on the cat.

"Hello Matilda!" Lily said in her 'baby' voice.