[N I N E]

"IT'S SO HOT!" Lily gasped as she lifted her collar one Saturday morning. Maia agreed and decided to put on shorts and a singlet, with her signature rose gold ring with light pink jewels and black ballet flats. Putting her hair up into a short but cute bun and pinning the loose strands of hair that keep falling, she looked in the mirror. Scrutinising every miniscule detail of the outfit, she scowled at herself in the mirror.

"You look lovely," Lily went up behind her and put her hands on Maia's shoulders. "Besides, I think it's time we have a dip in the Black Lake."

"Well I do like water." Maia smiled thoughtfully.

"Go get your swimmers," Lily pushed her slightly to her suitcase and continued on speaking. "And get the cute one piece I bought you last summer."

Maia sighed and huffed in disapproval. Grabbing the royal blue coloured one piece, she went into the bathroom and got changed. While she was there, she also decided to grab sun-cream, a towel and sunglasses. Giving a snoozing Matilda a pat on the head, she went downstairs. In which the Marauders lay there, hot and sticky.

Sirius had his shirt off and was panting like a dog. James was lying on the floor, groaning. Remus was fanning himself with his book and Peter was sleeping. As soon as she descended down the stairs, James and Sirius looked up.

"Where are you going?" Sirius panted.

"Black Lake with Lily, we're going to have a swim." Maia said before she could stop herself.

"Black Lake -" Sirius started. "-Lily-" James continued. "Swimming?" Maia rolled her eyes.

"Yes, don't follow us. Lily will clip you and feed you to the Giant Squid." The Giant Squid was the mythical creature who apparently lived in the Black Lake. Lily and Maia obviously didn't believe it as they wouldn't swim there if there was.

"It'd be so worth it." James got up and flopped down on the lounge chair. Sirius shrugged and fanned himself.

"Here." Maia rolled her eyes and took out her wand from her back pocket. She cast a cooling charm on each of them. Sirius immediately stopped panting and James yelled 'Hallelujah!'. Remus thanked her and Peter ... kept on sleeping. Sirius put back on his shirt and took a deep breath.

"Alright," Lily walked down the stairs. "I'm ready." She wore a pair of white shorts and a green singlet. Her long red hair was put up into a messy bun and sunglasses rested on her head in a cute fashion. She also wore dark green vans with no socks.

"Alright," Maia sighed. "Let's go." Sirius and James got up.

"Yes, let's." James hopped to his feet. Maia turned to Lily with an apologetic look.

"Since when did we invite you to come?" Lily put her hands on her hips while Maia shrank beside her.

"Since lovely Maia informed us of where you were going." Sirius annoyingly smiled. Maia shrank back even more and chuckled nervously as Lily rounded in on her.

"Maia.." Lily threatening called. Maia chuckled, and sprinted out of the common room. Praying that she wasn't going to be caught by Prefects, she ran faster than she ever had in her entire life. Looking back as she rounded a corner, she banged into someone and went sprawling. Hissing as her head hit the chest of a male, she held it as it throbbed lowly.

"Sor- Thomas?" Thomas got up and glared at her.

"Sterling." He sneered at her. Maia got up and immediately started to apologise for her non appearance but he interrupted her quite rudely with a whack on the face. Gasping quietly, Maia held her cheek.

"I don't bloody care! You ditched me you bitch! I waited for hours, and your fat arse never showed up!" Tears sprung to Maia's eyes at the harsh words. Her cheek stung at the hard slap he gave her. It was bound to leave a red mark. "Lucius was right, mudbloods are usel-" He was interrupted by a livid voice.

"Say one more word and you'll regret it, Venta." Lily sneered from behind him. James and the gang closely followed behind, all glaring but somehow Sirius was the worst of them all. His eyes were like slits. He looked animalistic, like a predator, one leap from killing it's prey. Lily already had her wand out and drawn.

"It's another mudblood and a bunch of blood traitors. By the way, Regulus sends his parents disgrace as he mentioned your new mudblood who-" His words were once again interrupted but by Sirius this time.

"How dare you talk about Maia like that!" He yelled. Casting a tongue tying hex, he gritted his teeth. Thomas glared at Sirius and brandished his wand, before surprisingly doing a nonverbal spell. It hit Sirius hard in the chest and sent him sprawling into the wall. Head crashing against the cold stone pillars, Sirius dropped to the ground. That was enough to make James, Remus and Maia all draw their wands.

"Levicorpus!" She yelled, and Thomas hung from his foot three meters in the air.

"Expelliarmus!" As soon as his wand was out of his hand Maia shot multiple spells and jinxes at him, all landing a perfect hit. They all watched on as Maia made him drenched, grow pimples all over his face, make him laugh uncontrollably and drop him from three meters, which made some pimples pop much to his pain.

"Don't hurt me or my friends ever again." She spat. Realising that the rest of her friends were looking at her with amazed and widened eyes, she smiled at them sweetly. Looking over at an unconscious Sirius, she sprinted over to the pillar, James hot on her neck.

Sirius had hot, sticky red blood oozing out of the back of his head. Maia gasped and asked James to pick him up. James nodded and started to pick him up as Maia hyperventilated.

As soon as James picked him up of the ground, they both ran as fast as they could up stairs, around corridors, through passages until they came to Madam Pomfrey's room. Maia yelled out her name and Pomfery came running.

"What is it de- Oh my! I must see to Mr. Black straight away!" She lead James to a bed and got him to gently let Sirius down onto it. Gently doing some spells that fixed him up quickly, she hurried to a potions cabinet and grabbed a silvery looking potion. Putting some in a spray bottle, she sprayed it on the wound. It healed automatically and Maia let out the breath she had been holding. That was amazing.

"Mr. Black will wake up soon, but I digress that he must not have a rough day. You both can stay with him until he wakes up." Madam Pomfrey spoke and left to deal with other patients. Sitting on one of the chairs, James sitting opposite. Both of them said nothing as they stared at the patient next to them. After a few minutes James spoke.

"You kicked his arse." Maia looked up and smiled.

"Venta deserved it." She commented. James nodded.

"I was going to give him a piece of my mind but it looked like you had it covered." He remarked. Maia shook her head.

"He hasn't a good bone in his body, I'd expect better from a villain." Maia hissed. James murmured in agreement.

"He put my best mate in Hospital." James sneered. Maia nodded.

"I can only imagine how you feel. If Lily had been in this situation..." Maia trailed off. James looked at her, his glasses shining at her for a second. Maia could see the pain in his face - she could feel the pain James had to even think about the situation she had mustered up in both of their minds.

"You really do love her," Maia leaned forward. "Don't you?" James chuckled.

"If Evans had been in this situation I'd probably die."

_____

**EDITED**