[T W E N T Y - E I G H T]

"FREEDOM!" SIRIUS SHOUTED, lifting his hands above his head in a stretch. Maia snorted and lifted her hands to her head.

"I swear if you pass Muggle Studies it's seriously going to be a fluke." She poked him on the sides on his stomach. He squeaked and frowned at her.

"I'd like to let you know that I studied a bit for this test, so there." He leaned down to her height and stuck out his tongue. She rolled her eyes and looked away.

"And how did you study for the test?" Jumping up to his original height, he poked her on the forehead.

"By hanging out with you, of course." Maia gave him a reproachful stare. Scoffing, she re-adjusted the strap of her bag and walked away, him walking to her soon after.

It was just the two of them, for the moment. The rest of everyone was finishing up other exams in the Great Hall. Muggle Studies had the exam time of an hour, whereas bigger subjects like Transfiguration had an hour and a half time to complete. It was the last test for everyone in that hall unless they did extension subjects.

Sirius feel into step with the shorter woman. Looking down, he smiled at her. She looked at him before deciding to give him a blank stare. Feeling spontaneously suicidal, He pushed her softly into the wall beside them before hightailing her side, leaving her to yelp and run after him.

"You're dead, Black!"

"Catch me if you can, Muffin!" Maia growled and pushed her legs to run faster to him, out of the doors of the castle and into the courtyard. Running straight through the centre of the meadow of green, she decided to use her smarts and hide behind one of the many old pillars that the courtyard had and catch him by surprise. Swiftly and effectively swooping to the side and leaning down so her friend couldn't see her, she dropped her book bag carefully down and she waited for him to realise she wasn't there. Sirius stopped and looked around at the end of the courtyard, so she inched closer to him. Eventually after a few minutes, she was at the end of the pillars without him suspecting anything.

Sirius started to look around.

'She was here a second ago, where was she?' He thought. The courtyard has desolate of people, either from OWL's or classes. After a second of waiting and looking around, his body got a great shock of a tackle to the back, leaving his lanky frame tumbling to the ground in a mess off black curls. Yelping, he quickly turned around to see the resident bookworm laughing, on top of him, her brown hair shiny to the surprisingly hot day Scotland had. He started to laugh too, leaning up so his legs were in an acute angle and his arms were supporting his frames while accommodating Maia's one too. Her knees were on the ground but her torso was hovering over his.

The laughing ceased soon after. Sirius gulped as her green irises rested on his face. She smiled sweetly at him and his heart started thumping so loud that if he didn't stop she might have heard it. It was a comfortable silence as they looked into each others eyes. All time seemed to cease as they leaned closer. Sirius felt a surge of courage as he reached with his left hand to pull her face fluidly to his. His heart seemed to scream with enjoyment as her lips attached to his. What made him happier is that her lips seemed to working in time with his as her hands travelled to his hair in obvious enjoyment at his kiss. To Sirius' surprise, for a virgin kisser she was pretty good at kissing. He let his other hand go from the grass to her waist where it now met his other hand in perfect timing. Her lip-gloss (which he had always wondered what it tasted) tasted like coconut and although he had tasted a lot of lip gloss in his time of being an adolescent teenager, he had never tasted something so good in his life.

They eventually pulled away and his lips felt a little lost to her touch, but one look at Maia made him forget his issues and look at her. She quickly slid off him, covering her mouth with her hand in shock. Sirius sat up and quickly went into a cross-legged position before putting his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Maia." He started. "I understand if you want to hit me for being such an inconsiderate twat. I shouldn't have kissed you and I completely get if you want to be enemies aga-"

"Shut it Black. I was thinking that if I had known how good that felt I would've done it a lot sooner with a hotter man." She winked at him jokingly. He scoffed and pushed her softly on shoulder, thanking the gods above that she wasn't mad or sad about the kiss, because he certainly wasn't by far.

"Are... you alright with this?" He asked tentatively after a while of silence, looking up into the cloudy but bright sky beside her. She looked at him with a small smile gracing her lips.

"Why wouldn't I be? I mean, my enemy just kissed me on the lips for the first time." She said with a light tone of teasing in her voice. He laughed, his adams-apple bobbing up and down in time with it. He was feeling the most elated he had in his life.

"I'm not your enemy anymore, aren't I Ms. Bookworm?" He finally looked at her with an inquisitive look upon is face. She looked back at him with a dashing 'dimplified' smile before coughing and trying to keep her face blank and clear of emotion.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, you silly prat." He gasped, sitting upright in a shocked position. Getting up in her face, he poked her sides rapidly - leading her into a laughing fit that lasted for awhile. She tried to get away, leaning down into the grass but he just slowly but surely got on top of her, squashing her underneath him.

"Alright, Alright you aren't my enemy anymore Mr.Black. Now let go of me you egotistical git!" She squirmed under his rapidly poking fingers. He stopped and chuckled, now resting his palms on the grass just above her head.

"Prissy book snogger." He retorted quietly, remembering such day fondly. It seemed like a long time a ago from where they had been now. Almost such as a distant memory. She smiled lightly at him for remembering. He took a quick look at her.

Her hair was a subtle halo of brown above her head. Little things like grass roots were poking through the hair, which was natural for laying down on such ground. Her face was a clear, blank canvas and her green eyes - as captivating as they were always - were staring at him with that he could clearly now see as affection - for him? How in the actual world did he manage to snag a girl like her? He knew that this day would be one of his happiest memories so he decided to close his eyes for a moment to cherish the perfect, clear and silent moment shared between them.

"Pinch me please." Sirius asked politely.

"Siriu- Wha?" Maia looked up at him with an incredulous look upon her pretty face.

"Please tell me that this is all real and I'm not in one of those dreams again." Maia blushed and awkwardly chuckled. She reached up to pinch him on the cheek. Sirius felt the slight tingle of the pain on his cheek and for the first time in a long time - he smiled wide. His cheeks extended from one side to another into an adorable smile. Maia couldn't help reach up and grab him into the most incredible kiss her life.

He was just exquisite, wasn't he?

______________________________________________________________________________

- WELCOME AND HELLO -

I'd suggest you'd follow @bullettbill on Instagram. It's open to the public and you'll be the first person to see teasers, quirks on the characters, when I'm about to publish and maybe perhaps an option to choose some things for the story. You can also DM me because I'm always happy to answer any questions or queries about me or my stories or just to generally have a chat! Please say you've come from Bookworm though, just to clear stuff up early :)

PLUGGING TIME OVER NOW, ONTO THE IMPORTANT STUFF

Have a treat on me for this one --- this just leads to long line of trouble for the two. Happy New Years! Also, I'm getting a laptop tomorrow which hopefully means I get more inspiration to write chapters which leads to more content to read!

Very sorry for the kissing scene, I'm not particularly good at mushy stuff and I've been holding off writing scenes like this for awhile because of it. IRL, I only have the reputation of kissing in dares and even then it ain't that romantic. Never had a boyfriend either so sorry if hopeless love isn't something that's believable or realistic.

Love you guys all very very much <3

- Amme