[T W E NT Y O N E]

MAIA WALKED DOWN the halls, holding her books close to her chest. She knew that she looked like a huge nerd with her big glasses and huge books but right now she didn't care. She needed something to distract her as to what happened a couple of nights ago. She - like all of the fifth years who didn't have a club to go to - had a free period before dinner and she intended to do something semi-productive with her fleeting minutes. Checking the time on her watch, she frowned. The Library trip too long (blame her window shopping in the romance section for the belatedness) and now she was fifteen minutes off her schedule.

Picking up her pace into a slight run, she dodged corners and prefects. Faces and windows blurred past as she ran. It was slightly pleasurable to run - she felt free. She hadn't ran long distance in awhile; ever since she went to Hogwarts there were better things to do than go outside and sprint her heart out. 'Huh,' She thought. 'I should do this more o-'

Her face bashed harshly into a chest, knocking the person off balance. Her books rained down on the floor as she felt on the person.

"Well, Mai. Nice to see you dropped in." Severus rubbed the sore spot on the back off his head from the fall. Maia winced and got up, holding a hand out to him. He waved it off, getting up and nodding to her.

"Why were you just running, bear?" His lips quirked into a small smile as Maia rubbed her shoulder in pain. She chuckled.

"Fifteen minutes off schedule for studying, hope you don't report me to prefects." She smirked at him and put a hand on her hips, turning playful at the end. Severus shook his head, chuckling.

"I suppose just this once I won't. You owe me, Sterling." They stared each other down for a second before Maia sent him a cheeky wink and they both broke. Severus brought his hands up in friendly exasperation.

"Oh Merlin, the bookworm winked at me! I am forever under your spell, darling." He bowed dramatically and picked up a couple of the scattered books. Maia held a hand book to grab them but Severus dodged and tutted her.

"I'll study with you, bear. O.W.L's are in a couple of months and I'm in a funk when it comes to studying. Maybe you'll get me out of it somehow." Maia picked up the remaining books and nodded thoroughly. She sighed and held the books tighter.

"I've gotten the exact same thing. Apart from study classes I just can't seem to find the motivation to do it." Suddenly, an arm was strewn across her waist and a scent of Vanilla and Sandalwood pleasantly invaded her senses. Sirius leaned down and placed his head on her shoulder. Severus eyes turned dark as he seethed.

"Hello, Muffin." He smiled at her but his eyes seemed cold and unwavering. He stared at Severus who seemed just about ready to draw his wand and fight. Maia gulped.

"Is my little bookworm reading? You're very irresistible when you read." Maia could feel his warm breath reach her neck and she tried to stop the invulnerable gasp that reached her lips, clearly stating that it was affecting her. Sirius slyly smirked at Severus while her best-friend seethed. Maia gulped and wrenched herself out of his grip, stepping away and frowning.

"Come on, Maia." Severus grabbed the bookworms hand and stepped away. Sirius growled and grabbed her wrist, making the books she just picked up tumble back on the ground. She winced. 'I'm really going to have to repair the damage of these books.' She thought to herself.

"Let. Go." Severus spat at Sirius and Sirius shook his head, flashing his teeth in what was meant to be attractive to Maia but at that moment just seemed menacing. It seemed as though old Maia had to come back for a second - the one who didn't mind bring a certain Black down a few notches.

"Sirius, let me go." She gave him a hard stare and his lips parted in shock. He let his hand drop to his side numbly and Severus did the same. Severus' mouth dropped in shock. Maia refused to look at him, instead looking at the pale sandstone flooring that the bottom floor corridor consisted of. Sirius stepped back and from what Maia assumed, he looked dejected.

"I'll meet you at the spot." Severus nodded before advancing, leaving behind them both in a deserted hall. Maia gulped, her head not moving.

"So much for friendship." He muttered. Maia's head snapped up.

"Friends don't bully other friends. Besides, what you were doing and what you did on Wednesday night wasn't friendly. Friends don't kiss each other." Sirius stepped back a few more steps, hurt. He then frowned. Maia internally frowned. That was a bit harsh.

"Well I'm sorry then." He replied, crossing his arms. Maia raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry?" She snorted. He nodded, looking away.

"Yes, sorry. I can't be your friend." Maia's heart stopped and she blinked. 

"Wha- What? Why not?" She demanded. He stepped forward as she stepped backwards. Maia was getting quite scared of his actions. Her heart thumped double time as her back hit the brick wall behind her. She was frozen to the spot as she watched with scared eyes. Sirius stalked forward, his eyes cat like - the same as his body also. As soon as he got close enough he pushed his arms onto the wall, locking her indefinitely in. She blinked as he leaned his head closer and closer until his mouth was brushing her cheek softly. She could hear his very breathing as it her face and flooded her eardrums. Every sense heightened as he came close. Her eyes fluttered closed as he came closer.

"Why are you so irresistible, Miss. Bookworm?" He swooped his head in and stole her lips. Maia burst for joy - however it was not what she imagined her first real  kiss with him to be. It felt wrong, forced, unloved. It didn't feel like Sirius'. She squirmed out of his grasp and tried to escape.

"Why are you squirming away, Maia? Isn't this what you wanted? Me?" Maia whimpered and screamed.

"Maia?"

"Maia!"

"MAIA!"

Maia got shaken awake, her friends and the Marauders hovering over her worriedly. Sirius stood there, a worried look on his face amongst the rest - but she couldn't help but squealing and moving away from him, only to fall and trip over the lounge.

"Whoa, calm down Muffin." Sirius walked up to her and helped her up, holding onto her shoulders. "Why are you squirming away anyway?"

She whimpered and muttered for him to not touch her and she ran to hide behind Leena and Lily.

"Whatever that dream was Maia, I didn't do it." He frowned, holding his ground. Maia retreated harshly back fell onto the floor. Leena helped her up and she slung to her.

"Maia!" Leena harshly whispered. "It was just a dream. Whatever Sirius did to you in the dream wasn't real. He's the real Sirius, the real guy." Maia stared up at Sirius with wide, unwavering eyes. Lily rubbed her shoulders as Maia sat down.

"That was a crazily realistic nightmare."  Sirius' head popped up and he smirked playfully.

"Hey, does this mean I'm technically in your dreams, Muffin."

"Not the time, Sirius."

______________

Finished and to be honest dream Sirius was about to be not a dream Sirius but REALLY jealous Sirius but he's a cute cinnamon bun and not an angry peppermint mocha. So, yay. 1000 of these words are literally just a dream, but they kissed - I guess?

Lol I had to rewrite because the previous draft sucked.

Vote 'n' Comment!

À Bientôt!