[T W E N T Y T W O]

// MAIA // (Wow, I haven't forgotten about POV's, don't worry.)

IT WAS A nice day in Scotland, the wind blowing a soft breeze as they transitioned from Autumn to Winter. I pitied the people up in the Southern Hemisphere for having to transition for a hot Summer for Christmas as I couldn't think of a Christmas where I didn't wear a warm knitted jumper my aunt Elena made and have a fireplace to warm myself from the cold (hopefully snowing) weather. O.W.L's were in a couple weeks and I was now seriously regretting studying sooner. Sure - I could remember the material, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't procrastinate until the last minute with the subjects I thought were mediocre at best.

For example, History of Magic is the class that I snore in. I couldn't help it - he droned on with his never ending notes about the infamous 'Troll Decline' with a monotone voice (he didn't lower his voice nor raise it and it made the subject worse). One class I stayed awake the full hour and to be perfectly honest I just doodled on my semi-blank piece of paper until it was a whole page of full art of rainbows, unicorns and clouds. Even Lily - who was the most meticulous learner ever step foot in Hogwarts couldn't help to nod off in between her note taking - and that was in regular one period lessons. In a double period, some people are so deeply asleep that they don't hear the bell.

Did I mention that he doesn't see at all?

Yeah, he's a ghost.

Normally, other than sleeping and doodling, I have the pleasure of sitting directly behind one Sirius Orion Black. It was a nice sight to see the back of his head as he quietly jokes to his group with jokes or naps. I lull my head to the side as I sigh lightly. Liking someone in fifth year has never been easier nor harder for her. It was a nice distraction for her to not study, but then again - it was a distraction nonetheless.

The water near the Black Lake reflected me as I dug my unclothed foot into the water. It was cold but refreshing. I wanted a place where I could study without any disturbances. It was also the fact that with all the drama that had occurred recently that I thought maybe that a dip in the water while studying could help me. Correspondingly, Lily - my best friend (who had gone to the loo and would be back) - had brought tea with her in muggle travelling mugs. Luckily, this put me into a very productive mood. I got all of my study homework done for Charms and Transfiguration, hoping that Ms. Tilly would give me an extension on my homework in DADA. My brain was surprisingly clear after all that study and I was at least a little bit assured about O.W.L's.

I hummed as I flipped open my textbook and flipped to the page about fairies. Clicking my lips, I wished I could have music with me. Knowing Lily however, she'd probably stop by the common room and collect my flute so we could continue the tradition of playing by the lake.

You see, my family run a famous family business. We - without bragging - own the biggest dance and music studio in all of London. It took many years and perils with economy and financial struggles (My own uncle back stabbed my dad of twenty-thousand dollars, causing the next shipment of instruments to be unpaid for. We don't talk to him anymore.) but we finally branched out the company and beat the other music stores to the top spot in sales. Our dance studios are renowned to train dancers who go onto nationals with trophies and titles - and up until eleven years old, I was one of those dancers.

I met Lily before Hogwarts. We were both nine and I was in one of the music rooms, learning a song on the clarinette. Back then our family business was nothing but a small shop on the east of Cokesworth. My mother came in and asked me if I would stick with a beginner and teach her the basics of the flute. I reluctantly agreed, only just having started the newest song. Closing the door to my studio and following my mother out and down the steep corridor, I was met with a nice woman. She had huge green eyes and a loving smile. Her hair was layed down to her shoulders in curls and she had red lipstick on. All I remember thinking was that she had a shiny silver ring on and it nearly blinded me. Behind her stood two girls, a girl who had a well defined jaw line and long neck. She had her mothers skin complexion, with mousy brown hair that was pulled into a half up, half down style. She wore a sun hat and a nice blue sundress. I smiled at her a waved and she nodded to me and waved back. Peeling my eyes off her and onto the second child, I noticed a drastic difference.