[T W E N T Y]

SIRIUS WAS FURIOUS.

He wanted to ask her to the ball.

That stupid Ravenclaw beat him to it.

'Of course she accepted without a second thought,' He thought to himself. 'He asked her so.. intelligently. She likes intelligence doesn't she? Damn that boy!'

"Calm down, mate!" James clapped his back as he silently fumed, walking to the next class - DADA. Remus hummed in agreement and Peter eagerly joined in.

"I'm not going to 'calm down'. She's going with an undeserving boy." Sirius pursed his lips and seethed. Remus rolled his eyes and cheekily replied.

"Oh yes, and who - in your books - is deserving?"

James' eyebrows went up in curiosity and he looked back and forth between Sirius and Remus. Sirius mouth opened and closed but no words came out. Remus took even that as an answer as he smirked and went back to his book. Sirius blinked a few dozen times before choking out a serious answer.

"Certainly not that guy." This time James rolled his eyes.

"Why not? He's smart, a bookworm like her, responsible and really into her." Sirius looked at him incredulously. Was he really taking this idiots side? James - catching onto Sirius' thoughts, quickly added:

"Not that I like him, I just don't see why you don't like him that much." Sirius bit the inside of his cheek.

"What if she gets hurt by him? I don't want her getting hurt. The last person who asked her out was a horrible man." Peter looked at Sirius and spoke wisely.

"You could say that about any man - me, Remus, James, Thomas. Anyone but yourself - because you can control if you hurt her. So in those terms, you think the only man worthy of her is you." Sirius looked at Peter in shock, before shaking his head in disagreement.

However, he knew it deep down to be true.

______________

Getting ready for this damn ball was hard. A week later, Lily and Maia had snuck into the Ravenclaw dormitories because Leena had the largest set of makeup. They spent hours slaving over each others make up and hair and dancing to the music that Leena had put on.

Lily had the longest (her hair got put into a braided crown and Maia's being the shortest (curled into loose ringlets). Leena's was straightened and put into a 'lace' braid twice up the top and bottom. the braids were then intertwined and put into a cute bun. Hers took forty five minutes, four hands, bobby pins and A LOT of hairspray. Finally, after hair was done it was onto makeup.

After the essentials, Leena pondered over Lily's look. Lily's dress was essentially green. Therefore a layer of thrilling green eyeshadow was put on her eyelids followed by a darker green for depth. Leena gave her a striking winged eyeliner look and Lily herself applied her fake lashes ('I really don't want to get glue in my eye so I'll handle this.' Lily said and Maia and Leena shrugged.) She then applied a red lipstick and smiled.

Maia was next. After much consideration, Leena clicked her fingers and trifled through her bag. She then grabbed a palette and opened it up to see a metallic eyeshadow. Dipping her brush into the sparkly golden eyeshadow. Maia nearly flinched as the brush touched her skin softly a wiped across her closed eyelid. After a few minutes of necessary plucking and pinching she was told to open her eyes and put her lake lashes in. Much fumbling and curse words, the eye lashes were applied and coated with mascara. Not liking lip stick, she got her rose scented glassy lip gloss and applied it.

Leena applied her own makeup. Electric blue eyeshadow with a dark tinge in the outer corners of her eyelid. She did an eyeliner trick to herself that made her eyes seem more intimidating (if possible). She applied a modest amount of contour to her cheekbones to make them pop. Grabbing the same lipstick as Lily, she was finished. Putting on their dresses and helping themselves to earrings and accessories as well as putting their shoes on, Maia looked in the mirror and as cheesy as it sounds, she couldn't believe what she saw on the other side. It was like she saw a beautiful princess that she thought was only existent in the muggle children books she used to read when she was five years old.