Brian's POV

I sat in the room with Bree, holding her hand, waiting for the worst to happen. I couldn't believe that I had met someone so unbelievable, someone who could actually put up with me and now they were going to be taken away from me.

Different people came in and out of the room. Nurses, doctors, friends and family, but I stayed, I wasn't moving. The door opened again.

"Any change?" Meg asked, pulling a chair over.

I shook my head, none what so ever.

"But she's no worse right?" She asked.

Yes, she was no worse, but she was no better either.

We both sat there looking at her. She was so pale, too pale actually, thinking about that made me worry more.

"I don't understand how they can just let someone die Meg, I mean we've done everything we can, well gee I don't know, try harder." It made me angry thinking about it, I'm sure if it was someone they cared about they'd try a little harder, do a little bit more.

A nurse walked in and checked everything again, she turned to walk out again.

"Well?" I asked.

She looked at me "Well, she seems stable at the moment." Then she left.

Fuck, was that it? Stable.

"This is really beginning to piss me off, her parent's are looking at getting her transferred elsewhere, I hope they do." I looked at Meg, she looked as crappy as I felt and my arm was killing me.

The door opened again, this time it was Zack.

"You made it." Meg said getting up and running to him.

I didn't want to see them all loved up so I turned back to Bree and took her hand.

"Brian, we're going for a walk, maybe get some coffee, do you want something?" Meg asked me.

"Yeah and food, I am starving." She nodded and they left. I can't remember the last time I had something to eat.

I sat there by myself again, in the dark, a little light was on and some of the machines glowed, but that was it.

I wondered how Matt was doing, I'd gone up to see him and Ana earlier and he looked in pretty bad shape, but was like me and not leaving.

I closed my eye's, I was so tired.

I must have fallen asleep because I was dreaming I was with Bree, she was standing in front of me with her arms open.

"Brian." She whispered.

I walked towards her, but before I reached her, I woke up with a start.

Crap, now I felt worse. How long was I asleep? Not long would be my guess because Zack and Meg hadn't been back.

"Brian." She squeezed my hand.

I stood up and leant over her, her eye's were open. "What happened?" She whispered.

"Shhhh." I said kissing her forehead "I'll go and get the nurse, don't worry about anything."

I turned towards the door. Thank god, Bree was going to be fine.