twelve; ❝dancing with you❞

Rosa's POV

Before I know it, two weeks have quickly passed and it's already time for prom.

"Let me see your dress, Adrianna!" I whine.

For absolutely no reason at all, she's been keeping it a secret just to keep me on my toes. I've given her a chance to go to her lame prom 2.0, and she still can't even do this simple task of showing me her dress. 

"I'm almost ready," she scolds me.

A few moments later, she finally comes out in a short silver dress with a sequin bodice and a halter neckline. She's pretty, like always, and she's smiling with a sight of glitter in her eyes. 

"You look awesome," I comment.

"I know," she says, looking smug.

I roll my eyes, and she laughs as a simple response, deciding to ask next, "are you ready?"

"I just need to put my shoes on," I respond.

I run into my room, and I put on my cream colored single strap heels. I wobble a bit, but I get the hang of it. I've been spending the past week or so practicing walking around in these shoes, so I hope that my work pays off at the dance and I don't fall flat on my face. I can't handle something so embarassing happening to me, not today.

"You look great," my sister says as I walk down the stairs.

"Prom picture!" My mom yells, coming out of nowhere.

My dad comes in with a camera and fumbles around with it, until he finally holds it steady. I smile as the flash appears, and the picture is taken. It's for our own records, but I assume that it'll end up on Facebook somewhere. 

"Take a picture with your sister," my mom orders me.

I stand next to my sister, and we both happily smile for the picture. I already plan on not introducing Aurora to her, just to avoid any problems that could ruin my time at prom.

"Okay, have a fun time girls," my dad says.

"We will!"

My sister, and I come out of the house with a thousand positive emotions and hopes. Nothing can go wrong, right?

"Oh! I almost forgot the corsage," I say, and I quickly run back inside.

I run up to my room, and I grab the corsage on my brown desk. I admire the white and pink roses corsage before running back downstairs, and getting inside the car with my cheerful sister.

"Why do you need to give a corsage to your date? It's only the boy that gives one to the girl, Rosa," she says.

"Well, I don't follow the rules," I comment.

I hope Aurora likes the corsage.

She rolls her eyes, but starts the car. When we arrive, I'm blown away by the fancy venue. Flowers and decorations are everywhere, even on the exterior of the place. It's an extremely large building, and even from outside, I can hear the sound of the music and imagine everyone dancing. 

 I had been given the option to attend on a large bus with other students to arrive to the place together, but I had chosen against it. My sister had convinced me of it, citing the fact that I couldn't leave her behind. Now, it means that everyone is already inside the extravagant building while we're slightly late.

I finally get to walk inside the large ballroom with Adrianna by my side. It's gorgeous, and gold accents are all throughout the walls and decorations. It creates this kind of Cinderella ballroom vibe that transports me back to the sweet fairytale.

"Do you think any of your stupid high school friends have a brother my age that they brought along?" My sister curiously asks.

I cringe.

Bringing along someone outside of school and above 18 is a surprisingly typical practice among the students, but I don't believe that my sister will meet anyone at a high school prom. They even have their own section in the back of the building dedicated just to them, which is quite frankly confusing. Shouldn't people out of high school stay out of high school?

"I don't think any guy would want to date you," I tell her.

She glares at me, before saying, "Go find your date and have a nice time. Meet me back here at midnight."

"Okay, boss," I say.

She rolls her eyes, and harshly walks away to her dedicated space. It's common for her to act like that, but I won't bother complaining about it this time. I have other things to worry about, such as finding Aurora!

I look around, and can't seem to find her anywhere. I continue searching as I walk around the space, but with a touch of my arm, I'm interrupted. I turn around, and much to my joy, I find that it's Cameron.

  She smiles at me, and performs a dramatic twirl in her gorgeous dress. I knew that she wouldn't dress with low expectations, and she squeals, "hey girl! You look amazing!" 

"Thanks! You look great too, Cameron. You should go find your date while I try to find mine," I tell her.

"Find me after you find Aurora," she says, and she quickly walks into the arms of her loving boyfriend who is dressed in a black suit with silver embellishments that I assume Cameron chose. 

Without a single warning, I'm then spun around and familiar lips are on mine. 

Aurora.

Her pink lips fit perfectly on mine, and I smile throughout the kiss. I notice that my heart beats increasingly fast, just like it had the first time we kissed, and I accept that the energetic feeling will never go away. After a few moments, she pulls away from me with a huge grin on her face. I notice that there are a few strange looks around us, but I try my best to ignore them. 

Wait. What if Adrianna saw that?

Aurora interrupts my thoughts before I can even begin to dwell on it more carefully. 

"You look absolutely stunning," she notes.

"You do too," I comment.

She's wearing a blush colored dress with a high neck jewel embellished bodice and a single silver bracelet around her left wrist. I don't even know how to react to her beauty anymore, and I already know that the future will be fun with her. She has her right hand behind her back, and after some playful remarks about her hiding something, she finally shows me what's in it: a corsage with beautiful white orchids. 

It only takes a second for her to wrap it around my own right wrist, and I'm already yelling at her about how much I love it. All she does is smile, and then I show her what I'm holding in my left hand: the corsage with a variety of roses. 

"They're beautiful but obviously, not as beautiful as you," she says in response to the sight of the item in my hand. 

I feel myself blush, and I simply help her put on the corsage, ignoring the smirk she sends me.

"Do you want to dance?" She asks me.

"Yes! But I should warn you, I'm a terrible dancer," I respond.

"No one can be worse at dancing than me," she says with a laugh. 

 She takes my hand, and leads me onto the crowded dance floor full of careless teenagers and freeing emotions. With her, I'm temporarily able to forget about all of the questioning stares from random people, and I simply focus on Aurora and the way she makes me feel. 

This is a night I'll never forget.