three; ❝what will he do?❞

Rosa's POV

I wave at Aurora as she leaves in her car after dropping me off at home. She was kind enough to do so after I asked her for that favor. I didn't feel like taking the bus today, or maybe it's also because I wanted to be around her.

"How was school today?" My mother asks me as soon as she sees me.

"It was good," I reply.

Not much had happened, and for the small events that had occurred, well, she doesn't need to know. My mom is like me, always wanting to know everything, but there's another added layer of judgement when it comes to her. Her opinion doesn't always help, and I'd rather stay silent than create a huge issue.

"That's good. Dinner will be ready soon," my mom says.

She offers me her signature smile, and it's like I'm looking at a replica of myself. We're matching in almost every aspect, but she's much older and her wrinkles display her years lived.

I return her cheerful facial expression, feeling content that my stomach will soon not be grumbling. The smell coming from the kitchen already tells me that the food will be delicious today, as always. I head up to my room, and of course, I start doing my homework. It's a guilty habit of mine to do everything I can for school, even if it doesn't matter.

It's one of the few things that I have control over. I know that my grades won't matter ten years from now but does that stop me from doing all of the homework and more? No.

"Rosa!" My mom yells.

"What?" I yell back.

She hates it when I yell, and I know she'll scold me for that later.

"Cameron is here!" She screams.

I head downstairs, and see my best friend at the doorway.

"Hey Rosa!" She squeals.

Her high pitched voice used to bother me when we first met, but now after a few years, I'm used to it. I recall how we had been at a restaurant together at one point, and she had yelled so loudly that it broke a glass nearby. It was like a scene out of a movie.

And I promise that I'm not exaggerating that.

I'm surprised to see her since she hasn't told me beforehand that she would be coming over, but I quickly give her a hug.

"It seems like it's been forever since I last saw you. Let's go upstairs to my room," I say.

"Forever" can be translated into "last week," but that's a long time for us. We head up the stairs, and go into my room. She's bouncy as always and her pink themed clothes for the week reflect that.

Each week, she takes it upon herself to have a new theme for each week of different colored clothes.

I don't know how she has that many clothes for that or why she does it, but it's been her styling habit for about a year now.

Today, she has on one of her self made yellow dresses that I absolutely adore. It compliments her skin tone, and her bold brown eyes appear to be brighter under there light yellow shade of eyeshadow that she's applied on. Her wavy brown hair is hanging freely, showing off how long it is. I've always wanted to have a style like hers, but I tend to play it safe.

She plops onto my bed as if it were her own.

"How has school been for you?" I ask her.

"The same old, same old. Boring without you in any of my classes. You were the one that kept me awake."