Battle of Scarif

The Death Star, a powerful moon-like man-made object is capable of destroying planets. Their plans are in Scarif.

The Rogue One Squadron are sent to the planet to recover the plans and stop the powerful machine. Rex's team is tasked with protecting them all the way.

"Rex!"

"I'm awake."

"Are you now?," Mark looked closely at Rex, "I can't tell with the helmet on."

"Fine," Rex took off the helmet, "happy?"

"Definitely."

"Are we there yet?," Paul from the back if the ship.

"Trust me kid, we are close. Paul, what about your son, is he ok?"

Back in Kashyyyk, Jeshi is taking care of Naiya and her newly born son.

"What's his name?," Jeshi asked.

"Nik, like my father," Naiya responded.

"That's a nice name. Can I ask a sincere question?"

"Sure."

"Paul is not behaving like a Jedi should and a father. Can I count on you to help me bring him to the light."

"I want to help you. But his mind has been twisted by two sith lords that only knew vengenance. He just follows what he saw. You have to try."

"I will."

"Did you ever fell in love?"

"I might have, but it is forbidden by the Jedi Code."

"Who was the lucky woman?"

"That would be me," a Tholothian woman said.

"Stass Allie? I thought you died."

"Yeah, I fake my death to the order. You do like me, right?"

"It is forbidden, but yes I do."

"The Jedi Order is gone. Let's explore the galaxy and become smugglers. Let's forget our old lives."

"You can, but I can't. I have been since childhood in the Jedi Academy. I don't know if is the right thing."

"Master Vaal?"

"Yes?"

"May I say something?"

"Yes."

"If you love her, follow her. Paul has enough friends that can take care of him."

"Or I can stay here with you," Stass Allie said, "at least until you decide."

"That would be nice, thanks Allie, and Naiya."

Back in Scarif, Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor are trying their best to get the Death Star plans. In the skies, X-Wings and TIE fighters are destroying each other.

Admiral Raddus leads the charge. Meanwhile, the Death Star is ready to fire at Scarif and destroy any hopes of the plans ever escaping.

Paul and Rex fight stormtrooper after stormtrooper, killing every last one of them. Then Rex sees a familiar face.

Jyn fights off Orson Krennic as he dies when he falls off a cliff side. Jyn Erso sends the plans to the spaceship called the Tantive IV.

"Cody?," Rex could hardly breath when he saw the man. He had become a shell of what he used to be.

"Rex... Nice meeting you here."

The Death Star laser hits Scarif head-on. Rex and Cody fall to the ground. Mark rounds up his spaceship.

"Jump!," he orders as Rex and Paul soon follow.

Cody then jumps into a spaceship that had Geda Fengris holding onto him so he wouldn't fall.

"Look, is the old one from the weapons factory," Paul told Rex.

Rex felt emotionless. He didn't know what to think of his long gone friend.

They went back to Kashyyyk to meet up with Naiya and Jeshi.

"Welcome back, this is Stass Allie," Naiya told them as they entered the room.

"Hi Nik," Paul said looking at his newborn son.

"Rex?," Jeshi asked Rex what was wrong. Rex then left to his quarters.

"I'll also leave, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Everyone went to sleep for the day. Rex couldn't sleep, however, as hw saw his best friend from the Clone Wars fighting alongside the enemy.

In the morning, Jeshi went to the tall tree that Rex sat on. They both stared at the base and it's upgrading in silence.

"Everything ok, buddy," Jeshi finally spoke.

"Remember Cody?"

"How could I forget."

"He was with the Empire. He almost shot me, almost killed me."

"Maybe he is being forced to, we might get him back."

"I felt like he was gone. I can't do this anymore."

"Just take a break, I shall lead on your behalf."

"A break, yes. Mark is the leader. He always was better at leading, and I was better a pointing."

"Sure, sleep well," Jeshi bid farewell to Rex, "and may the force be with you."

Jeshi called a meeting with the group.

"As you know the group is expanding. Mark shall be the leader and I will be co-leader on Rex's behalf until he feels better."

Everyone listened at the majestic Jedi Master that talked so well, many believed in hope for the first time.

"The Death Star is the Main Objective," he said as everyone began clapping and Stass Allie kissed him.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because, I love you."