A Stormtrooper's Fall

In the calm plain fields of Ventooine, an arrow flies towards a snake trying to climb a tree.

The snake is then killed off and taken by Niobe. She heads back to the camp they had set up for the nightfall.

"You are getting good," Zig said as he took the arrow and began to cook the snake.

"I had a great teacher," Niobe smiled.

Zig and Niobe ate their newly caught dinner as the night began to fall. Niobe begins the conversation that broke the silence in their camp.

"Where are you from?"

"I don't know," Zit honestly said.

"Why?"

"I was taken away as a child. Me and my best friend were forced into the Imperial Academy. I used to live in Dantooine".

"That is terrible," Niobe placed her hand in Zig's.

"Yeah, but is over. I'm free now, and I don't want to go back to the Empire. I will become a smuggler."

"That's a wonderful goal, and I will be your co-pilot. Imagine all the fun we will have together".

"Yeah."

"What's the matter?"

"Your brother."

"What about him?"

"He will kill us when he finds out what you did."

"I told you, he knows. Besides, he can find us easily."

"What makes you say- Oh no".

"What?"

"Give me your jacket," Niobe hands him her jacket.

"Is cold out here."

"You have a tracker. They know where we are."

"What? My brother would never-"

A TIE fighter flies above them. And then two more.

"You said it yourself, he would never leave you alone. He placed a tracker to find me."

"What do we do now?"

"See that tree over there," Zig pointed at the big tree that was hollow.

"Yes?"

"Get in and don't come out until they have left."

"Ok," Niobe went to thr tree and hid.

A huge starfighter landed next to Zig. Five men walked out. Zig instantly noticed Zoran among them.

"Cuff him, and this time make sure he has NOTHING!," Zoran yelled and the stormtroopers moved quicker.

Zig raised his hands in front of him, "I'm defeated. Betrayed by two friends and imprisoned by another."

"Well, life can by shitty like that," Zoran took his blaster out.

"Move".

Zig was then walked towards the starfighter. Niobe saw the whole action. She went behind a stormtrooper and knocked him out.

"What happened? Why did you take long?," Zoran asked the stormtrooper.

"Uh, I was using the bathroom. Had to pee really fast."

"Proceed with your post, take the prisoner. Today we shall board the Star Destroyer."

"Understood".

Zoran and his stormtroopers entered their starfighter. Once inside, they headed for orbit. They landed in the 38th hangar of the Star Destroyer.

"Take him to the prison," Zoran ordered two stormtroopers, "the rest follow me."

Zig was placed in a cell with blue beans popping up once he entered. One stormtrooper went to the bathroom, and the other took of his helmet.

"Hey, there."

"Oh my god, Niobe what are you doing here," Zig tried to whisper but couldn't. He had anger.

"I will get you out when the time is right."

"Ok, just be careful."

Niobe placed her helmet back on as the other stormtrooper guard took the opposite side. They continue to guard the cell.

Meanwhile, Zoran opened his chest. He took out a holographic communicator and an image of a woman popped up.

"Officer Fengris."

"It is now: Captain Fengris."

"Yes, Captain Fengris."

"And tomorrow you will be Commamder Zoran."

"What?!"

"Yes, you will surpass me when the traitor's head in on a plate."

"Yes, Captain."

"I'll see you tonight."

Zig stood in his cell, contemplating his life up to this point. He knew it was time for his life to go, but he couldn't bear the truth.

"Zig?," Zoran entered the cellblock, "leave us," and the stormtroopers left the cell.

"Yes?"

"You can still surrender yourself, and return to the Empire."

"I have to think about it".

"Do think. Because, I can promote you to at least Lieutenant rank."

"I don't know anymore. They betrayed me and you."

"That's in the past now. Come, rise up and rule this planet with an iron fist."

Zig rose up, now looking at Zoran eye-to-eye. They both stared at each other before a stormtrooper came nearby.

"Commander?"

"Yes?"

"She is here. Bring him in."

Zoran opened the cell and took Zig, handcuffed, to a large room where multiple stormtroopers stood. It was a hangar that hosted a variety of ships and weapons.

"Captain Fengris," Zoran greeted his inferior.

"Officer Zoran, you shall be promoted, not by me, but by him," Geda then pointed at the man that stood tall, heavy breathing.

Zoran kneeled before Lord Vader. Vader then ignited his lightsaber, and began hovering it on Zoran's shoulders.

"I promote you, Zoran, to Commander,"

"And you," he said pointing at Zig, "will be execute now."

Geda Fengris brought a stormtrooper that wielded a laser-axe. Zig gulped and sigh before saying.

"I have something you need."