Chapter 3: Eating lies because the heart is hungry

Start from the beginning

❞Don't worry.❞

She nodded and I walked out. Harry shut the door and turned to me.

❞What was that about, Harry? Am I not allowed to talk with her?❞ I asked angrily, but kept my voice low.

❞If it was necessary for you two to talk, I would bring my daughter to the clinic. She is totally fine and you do not need to talk to her, you understand?❞ He rushed his words before passing by me, going downstairs.

❞She misses me. She feels better when she talks to me.❞ I quipped, coming closer to him. He stood still. ❞If you really wanted your daugter to feel better, to get well again, you would allow her to talk to the one person who once succeded with it.❞ I added, before walking down the stairs, leaving him with a serious expression om his face.

Even though this didn't go as planned, I was a step closer to the cause of Daisy's disorder. Maybe even two. It was now confirmed that it was her father who didn't let her talk to me. I also understood that her disorder didn't came back because we didn't finish the last few visits. It was because something else happened, which made her so scared. And it was obviously something her father didn't want me to know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 14:00 p.m.

We finally arrived in France, after a seven-hour long flight. I won't complain, it was just fantastic flying in a private jet. Looking at all the clouds and forgetting everything else was relaxing. I loved flying.

We arrived at our hotel and the driver opened the door for me. Stepping out of the limousine, I had no words when I saw the hotel. The same hotel we went to on our honeymoon. The place where everything went wrong. The place that broke my heart.

❞Is this your surprise?❞ I asked James.

❞Not the only one, sweetheart.❞ He kissed my cheek and stood beside me, looking at the huge, luxury building
in front of us.

Me and James stood in front of the hotel, near the limousine while the driver brought our suitcases to our room. When he was done, he gave us the room card and we walked in to the hotel.

❞I hope you remember this room.❞ He mentioned, before opening the door to our room.

The same room we had on our honeymoon. The same terrace with the view of the Eiffel Tower. The same little table I signed the papers on. The same bed I never got my wedding night on.

I gave James a look. He gave me the devilish smirk of his.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 20:30 p.m.

After today's dinner, we went back to our room. James didn't want us to take a walk like we did yesterday. To be honest, I didn't want it neither. I was just curious to open and see what was in the box he gave me this morning. He just told me I should open it when we come back from the dinner.

James has been so sweet towards me this evening. He gave me compliments about the dress I was wearing for the dinner. How perfectly it fitted my body and how beautiful I looked. At first I thought it was some kind of game, but he was nice the whole evening. It reminded me how happy I was before we got married.