You're his smile keeper :))

Virat's POV -

I entered the dorm to relax but I saw Sakshi, Ritsy and Ananya with Mr & Mrs Dhoni sitting together. Sakshi was going on and on about one of her and Mahi Bhai's legendary fights and they were all having a good laugh at that. It was the first time I saw Ananya so happy. I cleared my throat to gain their attention. They all glanced my way and Ananya skipped towards me like a kid and taking my hand in her's dragged me to where her parents were sitting. I greeted them and they smiled at me. Although I was meeting them for the first time but their was something that made me feel comfortable around them. Just when I was going to take a seat beside her father when Mahi Bhai's face crossed my mind and I stopped. I stood straight and they all glanced at me probably confused by my sudden change of behaviour. What was I going to do? I was gonna sit beside the people who were responsible for every single tear of my best friend from the last 7 years. I couldn't do it. I felt like if I did so then I'll be betraying him. It won't feel right but why does it don't feel wrong?. The battle of whats wrong & right continued between my heart and brain.

"Whats wrong Vee Bhai?" , Sakshi asked ending the uncomfortable silence.

"I can't.. I really can't.. ", I whispered.

"What? Are you okay?" , Ananya said looking worried and came to stand by my side.

"Son I understand if you don't want to talk to us", Uncle said keeping a hand at my shoulder.

"And tbh I feel happy seeing this hesitation in you. It means you care about his feelings.We have been a bad family and we were never there for him but all this while you are the one who kept him sane. Ananya has told us everything about you.Thanks for keeping her secret and don't worry we'll tell him about her as soon as this annual celebration thing is done. I don't expect you to treat us as your best friend's parents but I do have a request if you don't mind" , He added with a smile at his face.

I was left dumbfounded by the way he understood everything without me even uttering a word about it. He seemed like a great person not a bit like how I pictured him all these years. I used to think he would be some rude arrogant businessman who would care about money and nothing else. To him what others feel will not matter at all but here he stood infront of me leaving me completely speechless. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

"I know I am no one to tell you what to do and what not to do but it would mean a lot to me if you'll listen to what I has to say" , He said snapping me out of my thoughts and I nodded as a cue for him to continue.

"Mahi trust you a lot. He would be hurted badly if he will come to know about you keeping Ananya's real identity as a secret from him. We want you to step out of this mess" , He stated.

I was taken aback by what he said. I glanced at Ananya straightaway and saw her smiling at me. It didn't took me a second to figure out the person behind all this. It's her. She want to protect me. She knows very well the significance of my friendship with Mahi Bhai in my life. We both might not survive without each other but as much as this sounded like the perfect thing to do I felt wrong about it. It would be so cowardly of me to walk away from the reality and watch everything go down from the front row. I can't leave Ananya alone in this. I snapped out of my thoughts as soon as Ananya crossed my mind. Right then I knew my answer.

"Thank you so much uncle for looking out for our friendship", I cooed gratefully then I glanced at Ananya for a split second before meeting his eyes again.

"But it is not what I want. The day Ananya tell him about her identity I wanna stand right next to her and tell him that I knew it. It will hurt him hell its gonna be tough for me as well. I know how much he trust me. If I have started this then I will be the one ending this. Its already done and me, you or anyone else can't change it. I will tell him myself that I knew all this. I will face him myself not from the front row but standing right in front of him. Only that way I'll be able to do justice to our friendship" , I said and felt like some burden has been lifted off my chest.