"I Promise" (Two words & a broken trust)

Virat's POV -
"YOU LIED TO ME VIRAT. I TRUSTED YOU..." , Mahi Bhai said glaring at me.
"Bhai I..." , I started to say but he turned to leave the room stopping me in between. I ran and held his arm.
"Bhai please listen to me once. I wanted to tell you but I.. " , I began to say.
"I never want to see you again" , He said snatching his arm out of my hand.
Everything around me vanished. Just those words kept echoing around me.
"BHAI BHAI COME BACK. BHAI I NEED YOU. MAHI BHAIII.. " , I STARTED SHOUTING.
"Cheeku Cheeku" , I heard a distant voice.
"I am here. We are all right here" , I heard and I woke up with Mahi Bhai sitting beside me and boys standing around my bed looking all tensed.
I sighed. Its been three days since that encounter with Ananya. Every minutes felt like ages. I am dying inside for lying to Mahi Bhai.
"Cheeku" , I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Mahi Bhai offering me a glass of water.
"Thanks Bhai" , I said gratefully because I'll be needing it to answer all the questions which starts in 5,4,3,2,1 and....
"Virat whats up with these nightmares?" , Yuvi asked.
"Exactly you are waking up like this daily. It ain't normal dude. Is there any problem?", Michael said with worry clear in his voice.
"VIRAT I AM GONNA CALL MOM IF YOU DIDN'T TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU THESE DAYS?" , Raina came inside the room looking frustrated and why wouldn't he?. I have been acting weird. I don't talk. I keep myself busy whole day. I rarely join them at meals. NOT SO CHEEKU LIKE. ISN'T IT?.
"Are you upset with us?", Rohit asked.
"No bro. There is nothing like that" , I finally answered.
"Then why are you shutting us down?" , Mahi Bhai said looking mad.
Well I have been ignoring him and me waking up calling out his name is definitely worrying him.
"Bhai I...." , I started to say.
"Don't 'Bhai I am just tensed for annual celebration' me again" , He snapped at me.
Yeah yeah I know that is the lamest excuse. Its not like such event is new to me but he kept asking me and my stupid ass made up that excuse to skip his questions.
"But Bhai... " , I tried to defend myself.
"Save it Cheeku" , He said before walking out of my room and stomping his feets extra harder at the floor. Something he does when he is angry. REALLY ANGRY.
Woah I managed to make him angry. I deserve an award of worst best friend. He is already tensed with all the stuff that is going on and I am not helping the situation.
"You're really not helping his anger Virat" , Yuvi said unimpressed with my behaviour.
"You know he care about you a lot and you are just making him worry about you more by not letting him or any of us help you with whatever is going on with you", Raina said in a dead serious tone.
CAN THIS BED OPEN UP AND SWALLOW ME? I CAN'T HANDLE SO MANY MAD FACES. WHAT HAVE I DONE?.
"Atleast try and talk to him. You both are just being stubborn" , Michael said.
"I'll and trust me I am alright" , I said trying to sound normal while my conscience shouted "YOU'RE GUILTY. HE IS GONNA HATE YOU. YOU KNOW YOU'RE DIGGING YOUR OWN GRAVE" in my mind.
Good because only I can hear him. They left my room. I sighed and sat on my bed. I opened my phone and found Ananya's messages and missed calls today as well. So yeah basically Mahi Bhai isn't the only one I am ignoring.
My life is becoming like some "IGNORE DHONIS MISSION" at which I am terribly failing.
"That isn't funny" , My conscience cooed.
"Oh hey homie!", I said.
"You have got yourself actually us in a huge mess buddy" , He said crossing his arms and glaring at me.
Woah now my own conscience is angry at me too. Is it some 'Stay mad at Virat" week.
I got ready. Just five days for annual celebration. I didn't found anyone else in the dorm so I walked to the cafeteria for breakfast.
I spotted everyone at our table. EVERYONE. I silently walked and sat beside Sakshi.
"Here", Sakshi passed me a coffee. The only thing I needed right now. I smiled gratefully at her.
"Is everything fine Vee Bhai?" , She whispered.
"Yeah yeah all cool" , I replied glancing around.
Hazel, Pia, Michael, Yuvi, Ritsy & Priyanka are busy discussing some improvisation in choreography. Ananya, Rohit and Raina are discussing some stuff. Then there is Mahi Bhai. Sitting silently talking to nobody and glaring at his coffee. HE IS STILL MAD. Its gonna be a long day.  Well.
"Who is up for a sound check?" , I chanted.
"Great idea. We can practice in the morning because there are these evening practical classes today. And dad suggested some last minute changes in the songs" , Pia said but I know the look she gave me. She want me to talk to Mahi Bhai.
"Yeah so lets just call everyone" , Sakshi said.
"No, no just us. Right Virat?", She said and I nodded. Everyone understood the real reason.
Mahi Bhai was way to angry to notice.
After breakfast we left for Auditorium. We were greeted by Bunny and Aditi arguing at something when we entered.
"What is happening here?" , Mahi Bhai asked.
"Mahi I want to mix blue and red light but she want it to be blue and green" , Bunny said glaring at Aditi.
"Addy we already discussed about this yesterday. Blue & Red goes well", Mahi Bhai said and Bunny did his famous happy dance.
"Virat help" , Aditi said.
Well not today. I am not gonna go against Mahi Bhai today.
"Uh hu Blue and Red does go well" , I said and before she could comment Pia wrote "He is angry from Virat and we need help" on a paper and showed it to her. She closed her mouth.
"You know blue and red lights looks like a great idea. Y'all are right" , Pia said messing Bunny's hair and Mahi Bhai nodded.
"So what are we doing first?", Hazel asked.
"We can finalize the steps and then we'll teach others. Mahi, Cheeku and others can sound check and finalize the tones and stuff" , Pia suggested.
"Actually Sakshi and Ananya are done with their parts. They have practiced enough yesterday. Just Virat and Mahi's song is yet to be decided so they must do it by today" , Hazel said secretly giving me a thumbs up.
I LOVE THESE GIRLS.
"So brats do it quickly. We wanna hear the songs. Then we can decide the one you'll perform", Yuvi said and they all vanished with the speed of light from around us and I spotted them at the farthest corner from us.
WOAH ARE THEY LIKE "FLASH" OR SOMETHING?. SUPERPOWERS.
"So umm where...." , I started to say.
"Go to the stage. I'll bring the list dean gave", He said and left.
So here's this thing about Mahi Bhai. He don't get angry easily but when he does he behaves like nobles gases or nobles elements. No matter what you do to get his attention, he will not react. Well this isn't even his real anger. This is like 1/4th of it. If he was really like extra mad at me, he wouldn't have allowed me to breathe the same air as him. I really need to get him to talk to me and forgive me before he gets more mad at me. Urgh my life is a never ending fictional story. All the chaos and amidst all of that me the great VIRAT RAWAT leaves no stone unturned to make it more chaotic. Can life get easier for me?.
"Chee......uh Virat what are you doing there still? Come up here", Mahi Bhai said from the stage.
I started walking towards him when I heard a beeping sound. Message. I opened and Ananya's name popped up. I glanced around and found her looking at me. She pointed me to read the message. I sighed and opened it,
"Hey Virat, you look a little worn out. Is everything okay? Look I am sorry for making you do this but as i promised i'll tell him by myself. Its just that its tougher for me than you think. I hope you'll understand. Thank you and I am sorry!"
-  :))
I nodded at her with a smile. She smiled back. Wait did I just smiled at her? Urgghh I am absolutely out of my mind today. I sat beside Mahi Bhai and waited for him to tell the song he wanna try first.
"Here", He said handing me the list.
We tried four of those songs but the perfect sync between us was missing today. He sighed.
"Bhai I am sorry", I said and his hard expression changed.
"Why Cheeku?", He asked.
"For making you mad earlier today", I said softly.
"Just tell me the problem. We'll fix it together", He said in a pleading tone.
"Bhai really its nothing", I lied.
"Stop lying", He cooed.
"Why would i lie to you?", I said.
"Are you hiding something?", He asked.
"No no hide? never. I would have told you if there was anything troubling me", I defended.
"I want to believe you" , He whispered.
"Don't worry Bhai. You're right beside me. Nothing can trouble or harm me", I said truthfully.
LIAR. I AM A LIAR. GOD WHY AM I EVEN DOING THIS?.
"Cheeku just remember one thing..." He started to say.
"I WILL BE THERE TILL THE END OF THE LINE", We both finished and something flashed beside us.
We both turned and found Hazel with her phone and everyone beside her grinning like crackheads.
God these devils. Now they're gonna start with their ship name and stuff. Here we go... 3...2...1....
"THEY'RE GOALS" , Ritsy squeeled.
See I told yaa.
"Why are they not dating yet?" , Pia cooed.
"God really did two mistake here.
First made then both hella straight, second why is one of them not a girl?" , Hazel said winking at us.
"GOD WE'RE BROS" , Mahi Bhai said giving a playful glare to Hazel.
"YEAH OTPBROS" , Priyanka chimed.
Now they have her at their team too. GOD.
"MAHIRAT MY SHIP IS GOING SO WELL. I RAISED YOU SO WELL SWEETIES" , Pia said smirking.
"Now Now if your fangirling is done can we talk about practice?" , Yuvi added in between.
"You're just jealous" , Sakshi said sticking out her tongue at him.
Wait have I told you about the newly found 'Broship' as Sakshi call it of our gang?. Yeah Yuvi and Sakshi. They keep broing each other whole day. Its cute.
"Why would I be jealous bro?", Yuvi asked.
"Because ita MahiRat and not MahiRaj" , She cooed.
We all laughed at that while Yuvi glared at her.
"DUDE MAHIRAT IS A BROMANCE WHILE MAHIRAJ IS A ROMANCE. RIGHT MAHI?" , He said sending a flying kiss his way.
The look at Mahi Bhai's face was hilarious. He pretended to take the kiss in his hand and passed it towards Hazel.
"I'll rather ship Yuvzel" , Mahi Bhai laughed. They both blushed.
"Hey how about MahiRaina?" , Raina added.
"NOT A CHANCE" , I said hugging Mahi Bhai protectively.
Everyone laughed while I just smirked.
"LEAVE MAHI ALONE. MahiDean is the end game" , Dean said entering the auditorium with a huge grin.
We all laughed.
"You kids take me back to my school days but Mahi I must say the boys are more possessive about you than the girls" , Dean chuckled.
"I am offended" , Hazel said putting a hand at her heart faking hurt.
"I feel so attacked" , Pia added wiping a imaginary tear.
"I was kidding. I mean we all know how much y'all love each other", Dean said pulling Pia's cheeks.
"Daddy" , Pia playfully scolded him.
"I came to check on you all and I was bored. Dean's job sucks. You have to sit in your office watching over students whole day." , He said.
"You have got us all uncle. We're right here for you" , Mahi Bhai said and we all nodded.
"Yeah I know but the fact you all will leave me this year is painful. You will leave for colleges and universities. I won't be able to meet y'all often" , He said sadly.
"Awww you're gonna miss us. Well don't worry your kids will come back to you always" , I said.
"You all are very important to me" , Dean said looking at us.
"Oh come on Dad you love me more than them" , Pia joked.
"I am afraid you're wrong there missy" , Dean chuckled.
"I am so emotional" , Rohit said wiping imaginary tears.
"Are you?" , Dean asked.
"I need a hug" , Rohit replied.
"Me too", Hazel added mischievously.
"Lets attack our Momma Bear" , Yuvi cooed.
"Who is momma bear?", Dean asked but one look at our faces and he knew he is gonna get attacked.
We all ran and hugged him. Raina, Priyanka, Ananya, Ritsy and Sakshi stood laughing at us.
"Well I sure can manage my five more kiddos with these 6 idiots" , Dean said and they joined us too. We all cheered.
"Now some serious business kiddos. Mahi and Virat have you decided the final song from the list I sent you this morning?" , Dean asked.
"Yeah and we were thinking to sing it infront of you before finalizing so tell us when you're free." , Mahi Bhai said.
"Right Now" , Dean cooed.
"Yayyyyy" , Hazel and Pia chimed together.
"Sorry but I am not Mahi Bhai, I can't sing without practice." , I said.
"Shut up Cheeku. You are better than me" , Mahi Bhai smacked my head.
"But I can't..." , I started to say.
"Come on don't be a drama queen Vee", Hazel said.
"Okay Okay I'll do it" , I sighed in defeat.
For the next fifteen minutes me and the boys practiced a bit while Dean had a coffee with girls.
"We're ready" , Mahi Bhai's voice echoed in the auditorium.
They all came and sat infront.
1..2..3..Go...
KAL HO NA HO - SONU NIGAM ♡
.
MAHI -
Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kabhi, kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho.
VIRAT -
Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kabhi, kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho.
MAHI -
Chaahe jo tumhe poore dil se
Milta hai woh mushkil se
Aisa jo koi kahin hai
Bas wohi sabse hasin hai.
VIRAT -
Uss haath ko tum thaam lo
Woh meherbaan kal ho naa ho
Har pal yahaan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa.
BOTH -
Kal ho na ho.
MAHI -
Palko ke leke saaye
Paas koi jo aaye
Lakh sambhalo paagal dil ko
Dil dhadke hi jaaye.
VIRAT -
Par soch lo is pal hai jo
Woh daastan kal ho naa ho.
BOTH -
Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kabhi, kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho.
MAHI -
Jo hai samaa kal ho naa ho.
.
"Well Done Boys. Thats the favourite song of the main trustees" , Dean cheered because this is the different song from all the pop and rock stuff we're performing.
"Thanks" , I said and Mahi Bhai nodded.
"Its all Cheeku. He decided the tones. We felt short of instruments. He helped boys with them" , Mahi Bhai said in my appreciation.
"True that" , Yuvi patted my back.
"Our Cheeks is so talented" , Michael said messing my hair. Urgh.
"Do not touch my hair but thank you and its Virat for you" , I smirked.
Everyone laughed.
Dean left us for some urgent call and others went back to their dance practice while me and Mahi Bhai just sat deciding the order of performances.
"Bhai I saw you writing a new song some days before. Is it done?" , I asked.He took out his diary and opened a page.
"Here" , He handed it to me. I grinned and took it.
"THIS IS GOLD BHAI" , I NEARLY SCREAMED.
"God keep it low. If they heard it then they'll make me sing it and you very well know how uncomfortable it is for me to sing the songs i write to anyone but you and our old gang" , He said.
"To late we heard it" , Hazel said accusingly from behind us.
"You know me and Priyanka can leave if you want" , Raina said.
"Me and Ananya can leave too" , Ritsy added.
"I'll just go and get some coffee" , Sakshi said not looking at us.
"Shit" , Mahi Bhai muttered. He hate to make his friends sad.
"He'll sing it for all of us" , Hazel said but Mahi Bhai kept quiet.
Raina, Priyanka, Sakshi, Ritsy and Ananya started to silently move towards the door.
"There are no words, to paint a picture of you girl", Mahi said louder and all of them turned with smirks and grins.
Hahah they were all doing emotional drama. One look at Hazel's face and I knew who exactly was behind this all. I gave her a thumbs up. I turned towards Mahi Bhai and took the guitar.
Superman -Joe Brooks♥
There are no words, to paint a picture of you girl
Your eyes, those curves, it's like you're from some other world
You walk my way, oh God is so frustrating.
(Michael held out his hand for Pia and they started dancing)
So why do I disappear when you come near,
It makes me feel so small,
Why do I blow my lines, most every time,
Like I got no chance at all,
If I could be your superman,
I'd fly you to the stars and back again.
(Everyone joined Michael and Pia except Sakshi & Ananya. Bunny and Aditi entered grinning. Hazel winked at Mahi. She called them. This Girl is a great planner. Bunny smirked at me & Mahi Bhai and went towards Sakshi and Ananya. Oh so he wanna dance with Ananya to make me jealous. Not gonna happen. Instead of Ananya he asked Sakshi and they joined others. But who is he smirking at?. He can dance with my sister. I don't mind. I am not one of those 'overprotective bros'. I glanced at Mahi Bhai and he was glaring at Bunny. Well what did he do now?.)
'Cause every time you touched my hand,
You feel my powers running through your veins.
But I can only write this song,
And tell you that I'm not that strong.
(Mahi Bhai signalled Aditi to come to us and I don't know what he told her to do because their code language is weird. She came up and took the guitar from my hand pushing me down. Mahi Bhai nodded at Ananya and she came beside me with the speed of light. I tried to escape but he glared. God I am FUCKED again. Me and Ananya started to dance silently.)
'Cause I'm no superman, I hope you like me as I am, oh yeah,
It ain't no lie, I have to tell you how I feel,
Each time, I try it gets a little more unreal,
You walk my way, oh God is so frustrating.
("You can at least reply to my texts" , Ananya whispered.
"I told you that I don't wanna talk to you Miss Dhoni", I replied rudely.
"I am sorry" , She whispered.
"I don't need your sorry. You're the reason of the storm that is gonna come in my life , in Mahi Bhai's life after annual celebration", I snapped at her.
"Stop accusing me. You're in this just as much as I am in this" , She seethed.
"I don't even owe you a reply" , I cooed.)
So why do I disappear when you come near,
It makes me feel so small,
If I could read your mind,
Girl would I find, any trace of me at all.
If I could be your superman,
I'd fly you to the stars and back again.
'Cause every time you touched my hand,
You feel my powers running through your veins.
But I can only write this song,
And tell you that I'm not that strong.
Cause I'm no superman, I hope you like me as I am
If I could be your superman,
I'd fly you to the stars and back again.
'Cause every time you touched my hand,
You feel my powers running through your veins.
But I can only write this song,
And tell you that I'm not that strong.
'Cause I'm no superman,
I hope you like me as I am.
.
Mahi Bhai ended the song and we all clapped. This boy got some serious talent. He is too good in all the stuff he does.
"This gotta be one of my favourite songs of your" , Hazel said offering him water.
"Dude I was wondering if you wrote it for some girl?" , Yuvi asked out of nowhere and Mahi Bhai choked and started coughing while we all just laughed.
"Girl and Mahi Bhai, no chance. I won't let a girl steal my love" , I joked.
"Neither would I" , Hazel said hugging Mahi Bhai with me.
"If a girl wants Mahi Bhai. She will love one and have to bear two kiddos for free " , I chuckled.
"Well Aditi we do know a girl who will happily agree to do this" , Bunny smirked.
Mahi Bhai glared at both of them.
"Who? Who?" , I asked. Oh well teasing Mahi Bhai is always fun.
"I know one such Girl too" , Hazel added.
"GUYS" , Mahi Bhai cooed.
"SAKSHI" , Hazel said.
"WHAT?" , ME, MAHI BHAI, SAKSHI, RAINA, BUNNY AND ADITI SAID AT THE SAME TIME.
"Oh no no I meant behind Sakshi there is this Girl standing and smiling at Mahi. Look look" , Hazel added.
There was no one behind Sakshi.
"I don't see anyone", I said.
"EXACTLY BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THE GIRL TILL NOW. SHE IS IMAGINARY" , Hazel finished and we all laughed except Mahi Bhai who was frowning at her.
"Awww little Mahi don't be hurt. You'll get her soon" , Hazel pinched his cheeks and he pinched her's imitating her.
"Change the topic or Mahi Bhai's face is gonna turn as red as tomato" , I said earning a smack from him.
I was just saving him. Ungrateful brat.
"Hey guys lets go eat lunch" , Michael suggested.
"Lets order something" , He added.
"What?" , We all asked together.
He took two minutes to think and finally spoke.
"Hey how about we order some... " He started to say.
"PIZZAS" , WE ALL FINISHED.
Nothing new.
"Y'all read my mind" , He smiled sheepishly.
"Easy because the only option in your ordering list is pizza", I chuckled.
"Okay so you guys order food, me and Cheeku will join shortly" , Mahi Bhai said and they all left.
"Do you want to say something to me? " , I asked seeing him pace around.
"Cheeku just promise me you'll not hide anything from me!" , He said looking at me.
"Bhai why will I hide anything?" , I tried to change this whole promise mess.
If I promised it would be like breaking his trust all over again knowing I already have broken it the moment I decided to not tell him the truth. I can't just live with another guilt of a broken promise.
"Promise me then" , He said.
"Bhai I... " , I started to make up some excuse.
"Cheeku" , He said in a dead serious tone.
SHIT AND HERE GOES ANOTHER STRING OF OUR FRIENDSHIP.
"I PROMISE BHAI" , I SAID SEEING HIM EYE TO EYE.
TWO WORDS AND I YET AGAIN BROKE HIS TRUST.
I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF. HE DON'T DESERVE A FRIEND LIKE ME.
I AM THE  REASON OF ALL THE HATE THAT IS GONNA COME MY WAY IN FEW DAYS.
He smiled and hugged me. The hug of friendship and trust. The one which I don't deserve. From the corner of my eyes i can feel Ananya listening to all this. Come join the party Ananya because you were right....
"I am in this as much as you're in this". We have messed it up. I have messed it up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope you guys like it. :) Belated Happy Birthday to My RAINU Bear ♡♡♡♡
It was his Birthday yesterday so I thought I should write a chapter for sure. ❤