"Roller Coaster Ride Of Emotions"

Ananya's POV-
"The attacker called", Virat stated looking at each of us.
"He said, its just the start", He added.
We all gasped.
"Are you serious dude?", Yuvi asked.
I don't feel right about all this.
"Guys we should tell this to police", Hazel stated.
"Yeah I agree", Michael added.
"But we don't have a proof of who he is and he called me by a private number", Virat said gritting his teeth.
This is all so confusing. Why would anyone want to hurt Mahi Bhai? No one will go this far for school rivalry. This is something big or like the attacker said, may be its just the start of something very big.
Its like a warning to us.
"Then all we can do is stay alert all the time", Mahi Bhai stated.
"Bhai we can't always be there for each other like I wasn't there when he hit you", Virat started to say saying the last part in almost a whisper.
I wanted to comfort him but I had to maintain my distance from him. It will take him one second to hate me when he'll come to know my truth.
"Mr Virat Rawat don't tell me you're blaming yourself for this", Mahi Bhai argued.
Instead of replying he just focused his gaze at the ground.
"Look at me Cheeku", Mahi Bhai softly said and I saw Sakshi squeeze Virat's hand to encourage him.
He finally glanced up.
"See Cheeku if you were there then you would have definitely done your best to prevent the hit and if i were at your place then i would have done the same but since you weren't there so drop this incident and stop feeling guilty", Mahi Bhai said slowly but looking at him all this time.
"Cheeku breathe", Hazel said and we saw Virat let go of breathe he was holding on this whole time.
"But next time its me who is taking the hit not you", Virat said with a serious face.
Mahi Bhai raised an eyebrow at him.
"I mean its not like everyday you get these idiots to do things for you", Virat said pointing a finger at all of us with a smirk earning chuckles from everyone and a smack at his head from Yuvi.
"Thats like our Cheeku", Pia cheered.
"Oh my god, I missed the meeting with BOD's representatives", Mahi Bhai said sadly.
"Dean will be so disappointed in me", He added.
God this boy. He got injured yet he care more about his responsibilities.
He kept blabbering for a long time then a loud "Mahi Bhai" from Virat brought him back to reality.
"I am sorry. I had let our efforts go in vain", He said sighing.
"Were you even listening to what I said just now?", Virat asked.
He gave us a puzzled look.
"He told you that me and him handled the meeting. Also it went well" , Sakshi stated making him smile instantly.
"Really?" , He asked.
"Really." , Virat replied.
"Really?" ,He asked again grinning sheepishly.
They are such a cliche couple like best friends. I found myself roll my eyes at my own thought.
"Really Mahi Bhai and don't you dare ask me that again", Virat said pointing a finger at him playfully.
"May be 'Really' can be your forvever", We heard Ritsy say out of nowhere and when she caught us staring at her, she laughed.
Everyone gave her puzzled look except for me. Haha she just gave a TFIOS reference. My Best Friend is crazy and i solemnly admit it.
"I meant like you know in The Fault in our stars, Hazel and Augustus the line is : 'May be okay will be our forever' , likewise you two were making 'Really' sound like their okaish way... So... " , She said with a red tinge at her cheeks.
Everyone just stared at her. I smirked. Mahi Bhai and Virat started laughing with all others joining them.
I have raised such a weird creature. In this serious discussion she brought the most weirdest thing to say but yeah atleast it lightened up everyone's mood.
"Really?", Mahi Bhai asked her chuckling and she hid her face in Rohit's chest.
Rohit looked startled but he didn't say anything.
Well I see something cooking over there. I made a mental note to ask her about whats going on between them.
We all sat around the room but the One thought that kept coming back in my mind was "What if he heard?" all that I said just before he woke up.
I just hope he give me chance to defend myself but if he'd have heard, then he might have said something.
May be he is so disgusted with me that he don't want his friends to know that i am his sister. A weak pathetic sister. I felt a tear slide down my cheek.
I unconsciously glanced up at Mahi Bhai who was already watching me curiously but I instantly smiled trying to hide the smugness in my eyes. He smiled back.
Virat took the responsibility of making sure that Mahi Bhai take his medicines on time.
Right now I am sitting with Sakshi drinking tea silently.
"You don't have to feel quilty" , I whispered.
"I feel guilty because eveytime i am with him, something bad happen. I am just his bad luck", She cried.
"You are just making it worse for yourself Sakshi. I know we're not the best of friends but you're good by heart and i don't want you feeling guilty for something that you have no hand in" , I said smiling.
"Thank you", She said hugging me then we both walked back to Mahi Bhai's ward.
"How are you feeling now?", I asked him.
"I am better. Don't worry Anu. You look way too tensed", He said softly.
"I am trying Bhai but it almost felt like i lost you again", I said hugging him.
Just then it hit me . Shit. I said again. I am dead. I slowly stood straight and waited for the questions but none came. Thank God. May be they didn't heard it. I sighed in relief.
"Mahi I had a talk with doctor, he says he'll discharge you today but you need five days bed rest atleast", Raina said handing Mahi Bhai a paper to sign.
"You guys should go.We'll bring him with us", Raina said looking at the tired faces of our group.
Mahi Bhai nodded at them to assure them.
Reluctantly they went not after a big fight between Virat and Hazel at who get to stay back between them.
Who'd you think won? Well Mr 'Oh so Cheeky' Rawat obviously.
Yuvi took Hazel out of the room carrying her at his shoulder. Michael and Yuvi tried it with Virat as well but he went all ninja at them and holded on to Mahi Bhai not willing to go. This Guy is crazy.
After they all left me and Virat decided to bring something for Mahi Bhai to eat.
Well this turned out to be like our others discussions which become debates eventually and we both ended up disagreeing at what he should eat.
We both glanced at Mahi Bhai to ask for his opinion but he was not looking at us but somewhere outside the window.
"Bhai Bhai, are you listening?", Virat asked.
"Sorry what did you say?", Mahi Bhai asked sheepishly.
"You zone out way too much" , Virat said accusingly.
"Can't help it", Mahi Bhai said mocking a surrender.
"I was saying that you should eat fruits but Ananya Miss 'Goody two shoes' is arguing to give you soup first", Virat said pointing at me with distaste.
"Bhai soup is healthy and it will help you recover soon", I argued not removing my eyes from the staring match we were having.
"I..... " , Mahi Bhai tried to interrupt.
"He is my bhai. I get to choose what he'll eat not you", Virat said sticking his tongue out at me.
I felt my blood boil. Mahi Bhai is mine before anyone else. I wish I could that tell him that.
"Oh you are so wrong in that. You don't own him. He is my bhai and i know what is best for him", I stated glaring at him.
We both were now giving each other death glares.
"Listen.....", Mahi Bhai started to say again.
"Shut up", We both said in unison.
Just then i realized what I did and he might have too, because we both instantly turned towards Mahi Bhai with pleading eyes. Shit. I behaved way to rudely. He don't deserve this.
"Bhai i... " , I started to say.
"I didn't.." , Virat said at the same time.
"Its all your fault", I said looking at Virat.
Its because of him i behaved rudely with my Bhai. I hate him so much.
"No you don't" , My conscience said.
"Shut up" , I said pushing her at the farthest corner of my mind.
"Oh yeah like i started it" , Virat said giving me back the accusing glare i was giving him.
"Calm down Mahi", I heard someone say and I turned with the speed of light towards the source of voice.
Next I saw Mahi Bhai holding his head in hands with closed eyes and Sakshi keeping him from falling by providing support.
I felt my throat dry. I just stood still hoping for him to be fine.After about 2 minutes Mahu Bhai calmed down a bit.
"You okay?", Sakshi asked. He nodded.
"You both out", Sakshi said turning towards us.
Me and Virat tried to step towards Mahi Bhai but she stopped us with her intimidating glare.
"But he..." , Virat attempted to make an excuse.
"Bhai we are....", I started to say trailing at the end.
"Sorry", Virat finished.
"You don't have to", Mahi Bhai said.
"Shut up", Sakshi said looking at each of us.
"You... You both will go out there and sort out the issue you have because honestly it doesn't seem like the fight over the food. You can leave and come back when you are ready to behave in a civil way around him atleast", Sakshi said glaring at us looking as intimidating as ever.
We both whined not willing to leave his side.
"And you stop enjoying this scene and lay down. Take rest ,I'll call the doctor and ask him the reason of whatever happened to you few moments ago", She said in the same intimidating tone.
Mahi Bhai gulped and nodded.
I don't want to leave Bhai alone. I glanced at Virat and he was already watching me.
Sakshi turned towards us and pointed at the door walking outside.
I sighed. Why do I have to fight with Virat at little things? Urgh now we will get a big lecture. With one last glance at Mahi Bhai we both followed Sakshi.
"What the hell were you two doing in there?" , Sakshi asked crossing her arms across her chest.
"He started it" , I said.
"She started it" , Virat said at the same time.
We both huffed and glared at each other.
"Eyes on me you both" , Sakshi cooed.
We both turned towards her.
"See I don't know what is the matter with you both. But atleast stop arguing infront of him. You both are important to him and I know you both love him too so for his sake start being civil with each other. I am no one to tell you what to do but you both are mature enough to deal with all this", She said smiling sadly and leaving us alone.
We both stood there silently.
"We need to talk" , Virat broke the silence not looking at me.
"I guess so" , I replied.
"Not here" , He said walking to god knows where.
I quietly followed him. We reached one of the empty halls of hospital.
"So.... Umm?" , I said breaking the silence.
"See Ananya I'll be very honest with you. Since the day you came here, i have felt a connection to you. No, I am not saying that you have to feel the same way and I know you don't feel...." , He said with his voice breaking at the end but he recovered as soon as it did.
"I like you not as a friend but more than that even after all those countless fights, arguments and rants. I tried to get you out of my mind but i failed everytime. May be its just a fling and it will go away soon. When you started ignoring me, you hurted not just my heart but my man ego as well" , He added looking at me.
"You might think I am just telling you these things to make you feel guilty but you're wrong if you think that way. I promised myself to stay away from you but the situations have always brought us together like one we have today. I love Mahi Bhai and i know you care about him genuinely. When it comes to Mahi Bhai you'll always find me around him. I can't give him up for you no matter how much you mean to me. My first priority will be him always. Now we can do two things over here,
1) You and me can divide the times to stay with him so that we never come across each other even when it comes to him. But I know none of us will agree to keep him out of our sight after this incident.
2) Till he gets completely fit, we will stay civil with each other and not interfere in what other do. It is easy because this is the least we can do for him. I will stay away from your business and well I don't have to even ask you to stay away from mine" , He finished chuckling bitterly at the end, his voice trailing with every word.
We stood there in silence. I couldn't speak anything after what he said. He like me. He have just spilled his heart out to me and what i did. I stayed quiet. I know by the way he was running his hand through his hair that he is waiting for my answer but i just couldn't put voice to my words. I tried to speak but no words came out of my mouth.
He sighed in frustration.
"Why Ananya why? Am i not good enough for you?" , He said pulling me towards him and looking into my eyes.
I just stared with a cold look in my eyes. He kept looking for answers in my eyes but it look every drop of my blood to keep him from finding any emotion in them. We stayed like that for few minutes before he left my waist and suddenly i felt empty.
"You know what?", He suddenly whispered.
I turned towards him.
"I expected a lot but nevermind forget all I said. Just tell me if you're agreeing to the condition" , He asked looking distant.
I nodded.
"Deal?" , He asked.
"Deal" , I said and he left me standing there alone.
If they were to give an Oscar for ruining your own life, I'll win it with ease. My relationships are all fucked up. I am living with fake identity. I just let go of the boy who mean so much to me and no matter how many times i say that I don't feel for him. Y'all know the truth. He was the best I could have ask for but I just broke his heart. Oh well I have broken my heart too.
NOW OFFICIALLY MISS ANANYA SINGH DHONI, YOU HAVE TOTALLY FUCKED UP EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE.
I sat there,cried and thought about how life would have been if I didn't came here. I am breaking trust of so many people all at once. I am the worst person ever.
Suddenly My phone started ringing. I saw the caller ID and cried harder.
"Dad" , I cried.
"ANANYA WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY DIDN'T YOU TOLD US ABOUT MAHI BEING ATTACKED? . WE'RE GETTING TO KNOW ABOUT IT FROM YOUR DEAN. WE DON'T EXPECT YOU TO BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE. I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU" , He scolded me.
If I felt bad before now I felt even worst.
My life is giving me so many roller coaster rides of emotions all at once.
I just sobbed harder.
He didn't even spoke to me more and gave the phone to Mom.
"Ananya baby calm down. Your Father is just worried about you both. Ssshh don't cry" , Mom tried to calm me down.
I just kept crying.
"I'll talk to him Anu. He is not angry with you but himself. He feel like its his irresponsibility that he couldn't keep his children safe from dangers" , Mom said sobbing too.
"But Mo...m... You know I was just so worried. I didn't knew what to do. I am so sorry" , I cried.
"I know everything. Just calm down and stay alert. We came to know that doctor told to call police because it wasn't just some attack but a well planned one. Your dad has alerted his contacts. We offered to come there but your Dean stopped us because the attacker will get more alert. He has assured us to take care of him" , She stated sadly.
What am I doing? Playing the weak card when I need to be strong for my family. I wiped my tears.
"Mom don't worry I'll take care of Bhai" , I said confidently.
"Thats like my girl. I trust you Anu, we trust you" , She said.
"Thank you Mom" , I added.
"We Love you both" , She said.
"I know and I'll make sure that we get back to how we used to be. You guys and Mahi Bhai is all I got. I Love y'all" , I replied.
"Be strong baby" , She cooed.
"I'll mom. I'll." , I said hanging up the call.
I stood and searched for Virat. I found him in canteen drinking tea. I joined him normally. He look startled but didn't say a word. We both sat there in a comfortable silence.
We walked out together towards Mahi Bhai's room but when we reached we saw his lights off.
This is weird because he normally keep them open. Panicked I walked towards the bed and touched his arm.
"See i don't know who you're and what you want. Please leave us alone..", He started to blabber.
Virat rushed and turned on the lights.
He holded Mahi Bhai and rubbed his back while i rushed to his side with a glass of water in my hand.
Once he calmed down, we both sat infront of him worried.
He sighed.
"Want to talk about it?", Virat asked and i squeezed his hand.
"I.. They.. I... ", Mahi Bhai started to say when Sakshi entered with his doctor.
"You two again", She said running a hand through her hair.
Sh quickly opened the windows and we saw Mahi Bhai relax a bit.
"You need to relax first", Doctor said checking the machines around him.
"You heart is beating abnormally fast. What happened with you?", Nurse asked from the other side.
"I kind of umm had a panic attack", He said not looking at us and this told me that he is lying. Virat gave me a knowing glance. We need to ask him about it later.
"It happens", Doctor said keeping a hand at his shoulder.
"Nurse get his medicines packed and bring his reports", He ordered and turned towards Mahi Bhai.
"See i am letting you go because the Dean of your academy called me and took the responsibility of you. But you need to be very careful. Such injuries just not make us physically and mentally weak but emotionally as well. You need to be extremely careful", The Doctor stated patting his back.
"We'll make sure of that", Sakshi said. Me and Virat nodded.
"I know. You are Lucky to have such amazing friends. From the moment you came, they never left your side. One of them threatened me as well" , Doctor said finding it amusing.
"Threatened you?", Mahi Bhai asked.
I looked with wide eyes at him.
"Yeah that tall, brunette with some surname like Rajput I guess", Doctor said chuckling to himself.
"Hazel", Mahi Bhai said shaking his head.
As hilarious as it sounds but Hazel got some serious guts dude. You go girl!
"I am so sorry doctor", Mahi Bhai added.
"Haha no it was quite interesting. All of your friends kept barging into my cabin and with their different ways of asking me about your health. I enjoyed it", Doctor said chuckling.
"I didn't threaten you", Virat said smirking at Doctor.
Hmm....that smirk says a lot.
"Yes you just told me how you'll tie me to a car and take me all around the city and make me wear the female dresses if i didn't get your Bhai healthy and out of danger", The Doctor said returning the smirk.
"Cheekuuuu", Mahi Bhai scolded him.
Me and Sakshi burst out laughing and he just stood there with a red embrassing tinge at his cheeks.
Only Virat can come up with such ideas. God this guy is impossible.
"He was just worried and i understand.Not everyone is as lucky as you to get so many great friends who love and care about you", Doctor said sounding a little bit distant.
Seems like he don't have good friends. Poor Doc. I felt bad for him.
"Doc you know you're amazing", Mahi Bhai said smiling.
"Really?" , Doctor asked.
"Really.", Mahi Bhai said.
"Hey I thought that was our thing" , Cheeku said faking hurt and keeping his hand at his heart.
Mahi Bhai laughed.
Doctor gave him a confused looked but shrugged it off.
"Well this is Armaan. Dr Armaan Malik" , The Doctor said.
"Mahi. Mahendra Singh Dhoni", Mahi Bhai said shaking his hand.
"The President of HIA. The Student of the year last year. The Captain of Football Team and a straight A student", Armaan added.
Everybody knows Mahi Bhai. Not surprising.
"Woah", Mahi Bhai said.
"You're quite famous over here" , Do Armaan said.
"Well I guess", Mahi Bhai said shrugging.
"You don't like popularity. Right?", He asked.
"+1" , Virat said.
"Well I just like to be normal and you know I am not used to finding a Doctor know so much about me" , Mahi Bhai said chuckling.
"I didn't meant to make you feel uncomfortable", Armaan defended himself.
"Nevermind buddy. He is used to such fans", Virat said patting Dr Armaan's shoulder.
Dr Armaan raised an eyebrow at him and Virat immediately took away his hand. Haha that was so hilarious.
"We're gonna be great friends", Mahi Bhai said.
"Friends?", He asked.
"Yeah you know if you want", Mahi Bhai added.
"Oh sure because all the other interns are weird", He said shrugging.
"Don't steal my Best Friend", Virat said standing protectively infront of Mahi Bhai.
This Kid I tell you. Mahi Bhai chuckled.
"I thought you're his younger brother", Dr Armaan said surprised.
"Oh yes i am. I am Bro Best Friend" , Virat said.
"Woah your friendship is amazing", Dr Armaan said looking genuinely happy.
"We know", Mahi Bhai and Virat said Hi5ing each other.
Boys ,compliment their friendship and they'll reach cloud nine.
The Nurse returned with Reports and Medicines.
"Here" , Nurse said giving it to Sakshi.
Dr Armaan excused himself to get the final formalities done.
Me and Virat went with him leaving Sakshi with Mahi Bhai.
When we returned we saw Mahi Bhai alone. We packed his stuff and helped him up. Yayyy finally we were returning to academy. Phewwwww.
We were walking towards the entrance and Mahi Bhai was strangely silent the whole time. I kept looking at him. Virat might have noticed my glances because he broke the silence.
"Really Bhai", Virat said.
"Really?", Mahi Bhai asked.
"You were supposed to be smiling and happy when we go from here but look at you. You look Pale", He said.
"May be because he don't want to leave me", Dr Armaan said joining us. I noticed Virat facing problem in carrying bags and helping Mahi Bhai.
"Give me the Bags", I said taking the bags from his hand.
Sakshi brought the car infront of Hospital's entrance.
Raina kept the bags inside.
"Take Care Bro and don't forget to come for weekly check up" , Dr Armaan said giving Mahi Bhai a quick bro. hug.
"Won't you give me a hug?", Virat asked and without warning jumped at Dr Armaan making everyone laugh.
"God Mahi how do you handle this" , He said pointing his hand up and down the Virat's body. Virat rolled his eyes.
"Experience my friend", Mahi Bhai said and sat in the car.
The car ride to academy was silent but comfortable.
We were all tired and just needed some rest. I glanced at Virat and his red eyes told me how tired he is.He hadn't slept a bit since the incident.
When we reached we saw Dean at the entrance.
"You really got me worried son" , Dean said keeping a hand at Mahi Bhai's shoulder.
We all smiled at him and saw our all other friends running towards us.
"God are you okay?" "Did they trouble you?" "I told you let me stay" "He is fine look at him" "Thank God you're here" "I missed you" , Yuvi, Pia, Hazel, Michael, Rohit and Ritsy said all at once.
"Relax kids", Dean said laughing.
"You know Mahi I am just so jealous of you. Why can't i be you and get so many people care about me?" , Dean added.
"Awww Daddy you have me", Pia said hugging him.
"And me" , Hazel said joining them.
Well in about 20 seconds all them were choking Dean minus me, Ritsy, Sakhi and Raina.
They're all just so cute. I love their Bonds. I love how they effortlessly make each other smile.
"Kids can't breathe", Dean managed to say and they let go of him chuckling.
"Woah I am fine as Dean then. Mahi you are one great person for dealing with these all at once" , He said wiping the sweat from his forehead.
"Its not easy to be Mahi", Raina said basically looking at his brat of a brother.
I chuckled understanding what he meant.
"Why are you looking at me?", Virat asked eyeing him.
"I mean me and Sakshi can't handle you for two hours and he.... He have been doing it for years" , Raina said making us laugh and Virat whined throwing his hand up and crossing them across his chest.
"Now lets get you to the dorm" ,Dean said.
"We'll take him. You go rest Daddy. I know as much as we care about him, you do too so kindly sleep because I know you haven't" , Pia said going in her 'Momma Pia Mode'.
"But... I... " , Dean argued.
"Go" , Pia said firmly.
"Sometimes I wonder who is the father and who is the daughter over here", Dean said giving his puppy face to Pia.
"Dad", Pia scolded.
"Okay Okay" , Dean said going towards his residence.
THEY ARE SUCH FATHER-DAUGHTER GOALS.
"Now you, in your dorm now", Pia said pointing at Mahi Bhai.
"Going ma'am", Mahi Bhai said mocking salute.
"Take care", I said hugging him. Virat nodded at me and they left for their dorm.
I walked back with the girls to our's.
"Anu you okay?" , Ritsy asked after I freshened up.
"I am fine" , I lied.
"You're keeping things from me now", She said sadly.
"I am not. Its just that I don't want to think about those things" , I assured her.
We sat there in silence.
"What is going on between you and Virat?" , She asked.
"What is going on between you and Rohit?" , I asked at the same time.
We both stared at each other and sighed.
So yeah its gonna be one long night.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope y'all like it :) ❤
Thanks for all the Love 🌸✌