"You are no Hero and I am no Heroine, Mr President"❤

Mahi's POV :-
"Bhai do you want us to stay and wait for Sakshi?", Cheeku shouted from the car.
"No! Cheeks Its fine. She just messaged me that she is on the way" , I said waving dismissively at him & Ananya.
He smiled at me and started the car.
"ALSO HAVE FUN BUT NOT TOO MUCH FUN CHEEKU & ANU" , I shouted behind them and hahah I can imagine Cheeku rolling his eyes.
Well I hope they both come back in one piece today. You never know. Whenever I think that things are sorted between them, they leave no stone unturned to prove me wrong. I am gonna kill Hazel someday for making me do this.
God this girl is taking years to come. We're already late. Not like I am dying to see her or something. Its just that I hate waiting.
"Liar" , My Conscience Smirked.
Heard about privacy? Well someone ask my dearest conscience to not peek into my thoughts.
"Haha remember you are me and I am you" , He winked at me doing a strange kind of dance in my mind.
Wait is he doing salsa by himself? What even is going on in that devilish mind of his?
"Something I would like you to do" , He whined.
"What are you talking about?" , I said raising an eyebrow at him.
"Can we, I mean you dance with my Sakshi?, He said showing his puppy eyes.
"Nope" , I said rolling my eyes at my melodramatic conscience.
"Rude" , He snapped.
"Oh well remember if I am rude then you're too. You are the one who said just a few minutes ago that I am you and you are me", I smirked.
A-ha! What a comeback Mahi. If only I could give myself a HiFi.
My little banter with my conscience was interuptted when someone tapped on my shoulder.
I turned and man i regretted it instantly. Infront of me stood Sakshi wearing a beautiful white dress and what caught my eyes was the pink and white scarf around her neck.
"That scarf?" , I asked without thinking twice.
"Uh hu I found it in your room" , She said with a red tinge at her cheeks.
My Room? But I don't remember her coming to me. Can it... Oh my god. She went in my room when I wasn't there. My eyes widened at that thought.
"I found it somedays before but didn't knew it was yours" , I lied.
"Oh well thank you. This scarf means a lot to me" , She said smiling.
Damn that smile.
"So umm where are we going?" , She asked.
"Well don't expect something fancy from me" , I said shrugging.
"I don't like fancy places myself" , She replied.
I just kept quiet remembering how we start good but end up arguing just after few minutes of being together. And here I am stuck with her for probably few hours.
I opened the door of the passenger seat for her and she muttered a thank you before sitting.
Few minutes into the drive and it already became uncomfortable , the silence.
I turned my head to her side and found her looking out of the window intently.
She was uncomfortable too. But what can i do in this situation? We both will prefer being quiet instead of indulging in another fight.
"Umm Mahi?", She whispered but I heard it since the street was silent so was the car.
It was just us.
"Yeah?" , I muttered unsure of what she is gonna say next.
"I am sorry" , She said turning to face me.
I kept my face straight. I didn't wanted to give it away this time. Everytime I give her a chance and let down my walls for her, she hurt me even more.
"Its ok" , I said not looking at her even once because one look at her face and i was a gone man.
She didn't say anything but I know she was angry by my short response. She was angry at me for not turning to face her , face our situation but never mind. I have decided to not let my walls down for anyone from now on.
But umm I have a plan and I'll have to talk to her for it to work.
"Well...", I started to say.
Silence.
I cleared my throat to gain her attention but she kept looking outside.
"Sakshi" , I said.
Silence.
"Sakshiiii" , I said a little louder.
Silence.
God this girl is as hotheaded as me. Now she is giving me the taste of my own medicine.
Damn why is she so stubborn?
"Oh well look who is talking" , My Conscience commented.
"Go away or I'll seriously murder you" , I snapped at him.
"And how will you do it?" , He said smirking at me.
I just shushed him away and cleared my mind of everything but Sakshi.
I have planned so much. If she didn't listened then one of the best parts of the date would be lost.
"Look lets not talk about anything that will make us fight. Lets just act normal and civil for once. No matter how difficult it is for us to stay in each other's company , we had to stay together today. Do it for our friends sake" , I said calmly.
"Okay" , She whispered.
Her tone was so low and sad that i wanted to ask her if she is okay but I pushed that thought behind. I don't want to show her I care and asking would make it more obvious.
She is just a girl whom I am taking at just another date. She is no special.
"Keep telling it to yourself" , My Conscience's voice echoed in my head.
I didn't pay heed to him and kept driving till we reached our destination.
I stopped a little far away from the actual spot to keep it a surprise.
I turned towards her and she gave me a questioning look.
"Umm... I... Actually....we need.. You know like...." , I trailed.
"I didn't understood a thing Mahi. Say it" , She cooed.
"Iwanttocoveryoureyeswellonlyifyouwantiwanttosurpriseyou" , I blabbered.
She just simply stared at me with a questioning look again.
"I want to cover your eyes. Well only if you want. I want to surprise you", I said sighing.
"Okay" , She said turning and motioning me to tie the cloth. I tied the cloth covering her eyes then helped her out of the car.
"Do you trust me?" , I asked standing beside her unsure of holding her hand so that I can lead her to the destination.
"I do" , She said with a smile at her face. Although I couldn't see her eyes but I know the twinkle they hold when she smile like that.
I carefully took her hand in mine ignoring the warming sensation that ran through my nerves and the sparks that I felt when our hands made contact.
At first she tensed a bit but relaxed as soon as my fingers intervined with her.
I took it as a cue to walk. The planned destination is ten minutes from our present spot by foot. We started to walk hand in hand.
I realised that the smile at my face that has not left my face since she said she trusted me.
God if anybody asked me the definition of hopeless romeo. I'll show him the picture of me right now. I instantly straightened my face.
"Oomph" , I heard from beside me and saw Sakshi's toe bleeding due to a rock that came in the way.
I kept a hand at her waist to keep her still. She took off the blindfold to examine the wound.
I made her sit at one of the bigger rocks and crouched down to check her wound.
"I am so sorry. Its all my fault. I...." , I started to say but she stopped me by keeping a hand at my shoulder.
I glanced upward and found her already looking at me.
"It isn't your fault. Its just happened and its okay. I'll manage" , She said taking out her handkerchief to tie at her injured toe.
I instantly took that from her hand. Our hand brushed sending a whole new level of spark to my veins.
"Allow me" , I said ignoring the emotion that was clouding my mind.
She nodded and I tied it carefully. I didn't wanted her to feel any pain.
No matter how many times she say that its okay but its not.
It is my fault that she is hurt. I should have been more careful. I was busy with my thoughts. I should have paid more attention.
I stood and held my hand out for her. She took it and tried to walk but since her wound was fresh she lost control. Before she could fall, I pulled her up and her body crashed into mine. I heard her whimper and felt guilty for pulling her so hard.
"I am so sorry" , I whispered.
She just nodded and tried to balance but failed miserably.
"I can carry you if you want" , I suggested.
"No.. No I'll manage" , She cooed.
God this girl and her stubbornness.
"Look at you Sakshi you can't even stand properly. Either you let me carry you or we're going back to institute" , I stated.
"Hey thats not fair" , She said but I cut her off by taking her in my arms.
She gave me a glare but I didn't paid her attention.
"I hate you" , She said pouting.
"Aah I have heard that before" , I said smirking.
"I am not going to say thank you for this" , She stated and I just smugly smiled at her irritating her more.
She left my shoulders in irritation and an idea strucked in my mind.
I pretended to fall making her hold me for her dear life.I started laughing and she gave me a questioning look earning a smirk from me. When it dawned at her, she glanced away shyly instead of arguing. I legit saw a red tinge at her cheeks. I WANTED TO ASK HER TO STOP BEING SO CUTE BUT EH I CAN'T.
We reached the destination and I saw a big smile at her face.
She turned her face towards me and I mirrored her smile.
"This is the best place. Ohmygosh I love funfairs. How come I didn't knew about this one?" , She said chuckling to herself.
"Well I too didn't knew about it. We are all so busy with Annual Celebration that we have no time for other things so I thought to bring you here" , I said unsure of her reaction.
She jumped and hugged me tight muttering "Thank you" again and again. Woah I didn't knew she loved funfairs so much.
I helped her in standing straight and well the happiness that her face was showing gave me relief because i literally thought that she won't like it but here she is ,as happy as ever.
"Come lets go", She took my hand and started to walk but flinched just after few steps.
"Hey,Hey! Relax. Don't be like an electron in excited state. You'll hurt yourself. Come back to ground state. Lets walk slowly it ain't going anywhere. We'll see everything. Okay?", I said taking her hand into mine.
She nodded pouting like a baby whose chocolate has been taken away from her.
I can't stop but laugh at her childishness earning a smack at the back of my head.
"Ooooh what was that for?" , I asked rubbing my head making her smirk.
"For making fun of me" , She replied.
"But you're funny" , I said.
"And you're cute..... I mean.. Eeerrrr" , She looked away blushing muttering a "Now lets go" under her breath.
Well no boy like being called cute but today because it came from her, i kinda liked it. I found myself smiling like an idiot at that.
Gosh someone need to tell me to behave normal and not like some love sick puppy.
We were just few steps into the fair when I found myself being dragged to one of the stalls.
I glanced around and saw One Direction stuff there.
GIRLS -_-.
"Mahi Mahi can we please stop here and buy some stuff?", She said with a puppy face.
I narrowed my eyebrows at her.
"Please" , She added.
"FINE" , I finally gave in.
Well I can also see some cool stuff here. Like hey no offense but boys can be directioners too. I respect these five lads so much and why won't i? At such young age they are so successful and above all they have won so many hearts in such small time. I initially didn't liked them but gradually i became a directioner too.
Me and Virat have even been to one of their concerts. They are amazing artists.
Cheeku even tried to grow his hair like that of Harry so that he can wear that bandana.
"OHMYGOSH" , Someone screamed bringing me out of my daze.
I glanced around and found Sakshi near one of the racks.
"Sakshi you okay?", I said reaching out to her.
"Yes I was just... Look at these bracelets. They're lovely. Oh god. I have to take one for each girl and why just girls we can take for all of our friends. They have Boy's hand bands too", She said pushing me towards the counter which had like thousands of bands with One Direction's Lyrics / Quotes at them.
I went through them and started to select for all the boys.
I took :-
"Don't forget where you belong" band for Cheeku.
"Live while we're young" band for Yuvi.
"I won't act my age" band for Michael.
"Through the Dark" band for Rohit.
"I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night" for Raina.
When I was done, i walked back to find Sakshi near the bracelets rack.
I glanced around but she was nowhere in sight.
Someone please remind me to hold her hand whenever we go out shopping in future.
"Ahem Future", My Conscience's mocking voice filled my head.
MAHI YOU REALLY NEED TO CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS BOY.
I SHUSHED HIM AWAY.
One of the bracelets at that rack caught my eyes.
It was a beautiful bracelet with pink-white combination.
It had "You're the shining distraction that makes me fly home" written on it.
I don't know why but i just had this strong feeling of buying it as well.
I took it from the rack and went to pay for everything i took.
After making the payment I walked around in search of Sakshi but found her nowhere.
I dialled her number but she didn't picked up. I started getting worried for she was injured. What if she needed me and i wasn't around?
"Mahi", I heard Sakshi's voice. I rushed towards her with the speed of light.
"Are you okay? Oh my god why were you not answering my calls?" , I blabbered.
"Calm down I had too many bags in my hand so I couldn't reach out to my phone but I knew that you would be searching me so i came back. See I am okay. Now relax", She said leaving her bags down and keeping a hand at my shoulder.
"Don't do it again" , I said relaxing a bit.
"Now shall we start our trip to all those rides?" , She asked flaunting her gorgeous smile.
I nodded and we walked to the rides.
Rides :
Break Dance -
"Are you afraid?" , I asked her as we sat for our very first ride.
"Nah, but you can hold my hand if you're afraid", She said trying to sound normal but I knew she was a bit nervous.
"Well I am afraid", I said taking her hand and not glancing her way.
I could feel her smiling at me.
Well this is us. We can understand each other without uttering a word.
"Woah that was..." , We both said as we walked to our next ride.
Tango -
"Well it was fun" , I said after our second ride.
"Yeah" , She said giving my hand a light squeeze.
Shake it off -
"You know what?", I said after our third ride.
"What?", She asked glancing my way.
"You scream way too much" , I said earning the second smack of today at the back of my head.
"Woman you're way too violent" , I said rubbing my head now earning a punch at my shoulder.
"I am registering a case for funfair violence against you" , I said making her laugh.
I decided to ignore her to tease her a bit.
Drop Tower-
I didn't hold her hand during this ride. Well you should have seen her face. Pale white. Ha! Little Miss Rebel Rawat isn't as tough as she claim to be.
Ghost Train-
She clinged to my arm the whole ride.
I wanted to make fun of her but decided otherwise.
I am ignoring her. Remember?.
Ranger -
"Come on Mahi" , She said for the tenth time.
"Nope. I love my life. I don't wanna die of heart attack" , I said for the hundredth time.
"Drama Queen", My conscience muttered.
"Shut up. Don't forget if I die, you die as well" , I said making him run away at the farthest corner of my mind.
"You can select the ride after this one. Please come with me. Please" , Sakshi pleaded with that cute puppy face of her's.
"Fine" , I gave in muttering incoherent words under my breath.
Okay fine I may be a little afraid of this Ranger thing but come on lets do it Mahi.
Top Spin-
"I hate you so much" , I said drinking water.
"Hahaha you should have seen your face" , She chuckled.
"Hey I didn't made fun of you when you were afraid" , I defended myself.
"But I am not that modest Mr President" , She said messing my hair.
Aqualoop-
"Hahaha your hair" , I laughed at how her hair turned into a mess by all the air and water.
"Stop laughing and help me" , She said running a hand through her hair.
*CLICK*
"Well now this is something everyone will love to see" , I said admiring the picture I just took of her.
"MAHI YOU'RE SO DEAD", She glared at me.
Well I think I should run.
Bumper Cars-
To escape her terror i ran to the bumper cars and sat in one of them. She followed me. While everyone else was busy in not getting their cars bump into other's , we both deliberately bumped into each other's car but as soon as we stopped , I ran out of there still followed by her.
Carousel -
She tried to catch me while I enjoyed my ride.
Columbus-
In the excitement I sat at the top and Man I regretted it as soon as we reached the top.
My Heart beats fastened and I sweared to never sit in Columbus again.
My face went pale and my hands started to sweat.
As soon as it stopped I went to Sakshi who was laughing her ass off at my frightened expressions.
*CLICK*
"Now now Mr President "As you sow so shall you reap" so here we go. Show them my picture and watch me paste this picture of yours at every wall of academy" , She smirked making me frown.
We started to laugh after few minutes of our banter.
"You're fun" , She said.
"Well thank you but you're an amazing Funfair partner" , I said genuinely.
"We can do this someday again for sure. What do you... " , She said stopping instantly.
Guess who is back now?
The Hero of our story :
*****Uncomfortable Silence*****
"Well how about the Ferris Wheel?" , She asked after few minutes of relaxing.
"Your wish is my command ma'am. Let's go", I said.
She interviened her arms with mine and we went to the last ride for today.
Can I tell you a secret?
I have never ever tried Ferris Wheel before. I am kinda afraid of heights.
They make me sick but today everything feel so right. Everything feel so okay.
I am enjoying today. Its like I am living the happiest day of my life with the one person I wanted to.
"Mahi Mahi" , Sakshi's voice brought me out of my daze and I found us at the top of the Ferris wheel getting a clear and beautiful view of whole funfair but as soon as it sank in my mind, I found myself getting panicked.
I started to sweat and my breathing quickened.
Sakshi must have noticed my discomfort. She gave me the water bottle and I drank the water.
"If you want we can stop right her and get down" , She suggested.
I didn't wanted her to miss it seeing how excited she was for this particular ride.
"Nope. I would be fine" , I said forcing a smile at my Face.
She took both my hand and squeezed them between her's.
"Close your eyes" , She said and I obeyed her.
As soon as I closed my eyes i felt no panic but peace.
The wind hitting my face made me relax. I found myself smiling for the rest of the ride.
Once we were done with all the rides and shopping, I went to bring the car leaving her at the entrance of the fair.
When I came back I didn't saw her anywhere.
I searched around the entrance and when I came back to the car I found bags in the car but she was nowhere in sight.
Suddenly I felt a tap at my shoulder and turned around to find her holding a cuddly "Panda" in her hands.
I raised an eyebrow at her and she handed it to me.
"I won it and well in all the books I read, the one who win it don't keep it but give it to mostly the person he/she came with in the funfair or carnivals" , She said pinching the cheek of that toy Panda making me chuckle.
"Isn't it the boy who win it for the girl?" , I asked.
"You are no hero and I am no heroine Mr President so lets go before I change my mind and take back my Panda" , She said smiling and winking at me.
"Okay Okay" , I said mocking surrender and hugging the Panda.
We kept the things in the car and started our journey to the diner where we are supposed to meet our friends.
I turned on the radio and one of my favourite songs started playing.
I started to jam with it mindlessly.
.
Hero- Enrique Iglesias,
Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Or would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul tonight?
Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Or would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this
Now would you die for the one you love?
Oh hold me in your arms tonight
I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
Would you swear that you'll always be mine
Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
I don't care, you're here tonight
I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
Oh, I just hold you
I just hold you, oh yeah
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care, you're here tonight
I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
I can be your hero
.
"You really are an amazing singer" , I heard Sakshi's voice.
I turned towards her to find her with phone in hand.
"OH NO YOU DIDN'T" , I said stopping car in between.
"Oh yes I did" , She said smirking.
"I look like shit" , I said pouting.
"Well the real artists dont care about how they look and you Mr President look absolutely fine" , She said giving me a thumbs up.
"But hey isn't it illegal to make someone's video against their will" , I said.
"Stop behaving like a baby", She said shaking her head and chuckling at me.
"Woah very sweet" , I said resuming our ride to diner.
"You know what?", She said after few minutes.
"What?", I asked.
"You do look like a complete mess", She said making me frown.
"Well thank you so much" , I said irritated by her.
"Come on I was just kidding actually I wanted to thank you" , She said.
"For?" , I asked.
"For such an amazing dat... time" , She said with a red tinge at her cheeks.
"Well you don't have to thank me for that" , I said.
The remaining drive was silent but in a comfortable silence.
We reached the diner. I helped her out and we took out the gifts we brought for our friends before walking inside.
"Mahi wait" , Sakshi said stopping me just before entering the diner.
"Yes?" , I asked checking if we forgot some stuff in the car.
"I loved it", She said.
"You loved what?" , I decided to tease her a bit.
"You know the date" , She said with twinkling eyes and looking directly in mine.
"Wish I could stop the World right here" , I murmured mindlessly.
"Sorry?" , She asked confused.
"Errrr I mean I am glad you liked it" , I said sighing in relief.
I really need to control my mouth.
"You can be sweet... sometimes" , She said going inside leaving me smiling like an idiot at the entrance.
.
.
.
.
.
Update. Finally an Update. God I am so Happy that I finally managed to do an update. I hope you enjoy it. Although as I always say , I am no writer and my writings are just out of my imaginations. Don't Judge Me please.