c h a p t e r 15 | don't mind us

Start from the beginning

"With that leg cupcake?" He shakes his head unlocking his car. "Now get in."

I get inside closing the door once I was seated. Haze starts the engine and his loud music instantly makes me deaf. He fixes his seat tapping one hand to the beat on the steering wheel.

"Great now Greyson is going to start crying." I shouted over the loud music.

"That's why you put it louder." He grins turning up the volume. "See can't even hear him now."

Haze backs out of the parking lot and I realize we are not heading the right direction. "My house isn't this way." I said shutting off the radio.

"Hey!" He said. "I know, clearly." He sarcastically replies.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Just sit back and relax for once El." Haze says shaking his head in disapproval. "You've only been here for a few weeks now so why not take you to my favorite place."

I cross my arms over my chest looking out the window.

"Is this the part when you throw me inside a ditch?" I asked when he parked his car off the side of a dirt road.

"No this is the part when I tell you to shut up."

"What are you doing?" I said when I see him starting to get out of the vehicle. We were in the middle of nowhere, a deserted road.

"Get out?" He says coming over to my side of the car. "Great so you really are going to kill me."

"Elaina."

"What?" I said.

"Shut up."

I groan and step out of the car before I see him dangling his keys in midair. "You clearly don't know how to drive—why don't I teach you?"

I scrunch up my nose in confusion. "I know how to drive." I said grabbing the keys from his hands. "Why do you want to help me out anyway?"

He shrugs. "We have nothing else to do but take care of Greyson before the party." He mentions taking his seat in the passengers side.

Okay, this is going to sound crazy but I've never actually driven a car before. My first vehicle to drive was my motorcycle so this was very different for me. "You realize you have to start the car first?" Haze sighs.

I snap my head over to look at him with. "No shit."

"Don't cuss, we have a child in the car." Haze said.

I turned the key and the car starts up. "By the way you get one little scratch on her Elaina I will end you."

"You not serious right?" I said with uncertainty.

"Lets go."

I press on the gas and start heading down the empty road. "I told you I could drive." I smile.

"Slow down." I hear Haze say.

The sound of sirens catch my attention.