The Last Chapter(18)

Dany and I are 8 or something. We are playing by the river with a ball. Adam came and played with us. He was winning so Dany got angry and told him to leave. Before he could, mom came and called us all to have a drink. We drank and laughed. Mr and Mrs Wallace came and we all had dinner together.

I opened my eyes slowly but winced due to strong light.

I heard people talking but I couldn't form words. Then I heard footsteps. I tried opening my eyes again.

Mother was near me holding my arm.

"Thank God, she woke up"

"Wh... What happened?" I tried to say.

"You were shot in your little adventure," Mrs. Wallace who was standing next to mom said.

I closed my eyes and remembered. Someone shot me then there was another gunshot.

"Please tell me that they are all alright"

"Don't worry, dear," Mrs. Wallace said with a smile, "everyone is safe and sound"

I tried to sit down but winced from the pain in my side. With the help of mom and Mrs. Wallace, I was able to sit down.

"My beautiful baby girl," mom said cupping my head while shredding some tears, "I am so sorry, I am so sorry for everything that I have done to you"

I smiled, "it's okay, mom. The most important thing is that we are all okay and breathing"

Dr Bayliss came with a smile, "finally, our beautiful patient is up"

"Hello, doctor," I said with a smile.

"If you come to me with another injury, I will believe that you are from the mafia"

"Nah, the mafia is too small; I should find something more dangerous"

He smiled then looked at mom and Mrs. Wallace, "OK ladies, you can leave us, now"

Mrs. Wallace did but my mother pleaded, "Can't I stay here"

He put a hand on her arm, "don't worry, it's all gonna be fine. I will just do the regular check-up then you can come back and stay as long as you can"

She smiled then left.

"It looks like you have another few years to live," he said once he was finished.

I smiled, "lucky me!"

When he was about to leave I stopped him, "did you tell her?"

He raised an eyebrow, "tell what to whom?"

"Tell mom about your eternal love for her"

"Nancy!"

"What?" I shrugged, "you do love her"

"That has nothing to do with you, so just stop talking about it"

"Stubborn old man," I muttered once he left

"Nancy!" Dany screamed, ran to me and gave me a big hug.

"Ouch!" I winced, third time today.

"Sorry, sorry," she said, "did I hurt you?"

"Just a little bit," I said then looked at her and smiled, "you are here"

Her smile widened, "thanks to you"

"I have tried to help," Charlie objected behind her.

"Scaring her is not considered helping," Dany snapped back.

He held her close to him, "and who tried to kill him to save you?"

"And who was hit?"

"So, you are back together," I said.