Chapter 13

There were two chairs and a couch in the room by the bed. Of course, Adam and I fought about who to take the couch. I wanted to sit near mom while he wanted me to take the couch to relax. In the end, we both slept on the chairs.

I woke up to find my bones are broken or something. Sleeping on the chair was a terrible idea.

She is still sleeping, she looks so peaceful like that but I hope that she wakes up soon. Adam is still sleeping too. He looks so cute, I am so lucky to have him.

I decided to go get two cups of coffee for us when the door opened. It was Mr. Tray... And Charlie.

What is he doing here?

"Good morning," Mr. Tray said with his usual smile.

"Good morning, sir"

"What's going on here?" Adam said.

"Rise and shine, perfecto," Charlie said.

"I can still break your head in a hospital," Adam said, "and it will be easier for you, they will cure you fast"

"Seriously, Adam," I said.

"He started," Adam said.

"What did I do?" Charlie replied.

"Enough," I said, "What are you even doing here, Charlie?"

"I came to make sure that Mrs. Otis is fine"

"To make sure if you killed her or not," Adam muttered.

"Excuse me," Charlie said.

"How do we know that you didn't do all of this?"

Charlie was about to shout when I spoke, "You know what, this is getting ridiculous," I said full of anger, "you can continue this outside, but not here with my mother on the edge of death"

They could kill each otherwith their eyesr but they didn't say another word.

"How is she?" Mr. Tray asked still with a smile.

"As you can see, she is still sleeping but the doctor told us that she won't wake up, now"

"I hope that she recovers, soon," he said.

"I hope so, too, sir," I said then looked at her, "I hope so, too"

"Well, we will leave you, now," Mr. Tray said, "stay strong"

He left but Charlie remained, "I warned you," he said, "but as usual, you don't listen"

"What does that suppose to mean?" Adam asked.

"See ya around, I hope," Charlie told me then left.

"What does that suppose to mean, Nancy?" Adam said.

"If you think that what you have been doing since he arrived is right then you are out of your mind," I said then left.

Adam is being ridiculous; Charlie couldn't do all of this. Or am I being ridiculous for trusting someone who I barely know?

I felt someone holding my elbow then I was face to face with Adam.

"Don't leave me like that, again"

I can't breathe.

"I am not going to lie, Nancy," he continued, "I am a jealous person especially from people like Charlie"

"So you think that saying those things will make things better"

"Were you never jealous before?"