Chapter 17

I don't think that I have ever seen that house before. To be honest, I don't come to this part of town often. I think in my lifetime, I only came here twice or three times.

I wondered if he is inside or not. Well, there is only one way to find out.

I took my hairpin and opened the door to the house; it's good that there was no one around here.

After a few seconds, I was inside. It was dark; I can't see any light in any room. I thought a lot then decided to take my chance and open the flashlight from my phone.

In front of me, there were stairs; I moved the flashlight to my left to find the kitchen then to my right to find the living room. It resembled our home a little.

I took a deep breath and climbed the stairs while praying that he won't be upstairs.

There were two rooms on my left, one on my right and one in front of me

I opened the one on my right slowly but there was nothing, the ones on my left still nothing.

I swallowed. If they are not in the kitchen, the Living room or the three rooms then they have to be there, in the room in front of me.

I moved slowly to that room. When I open that door, he could be there. When I enter that room, I might never get out again.

With a lot of deep breaths and slow steps, I reached the room. A last deep breath. I am in.

I can't believe it. They are there. There in front of my eyes, Mickey, Joudy, they are there on the floor. Dany, she is here on the floor next to them. When I first came in they looked at me with horror then when they realized who I was, their eyes became happy. My eyes were filled with tears. The three of them have their hands and legs tied with ropes and their mouths are covered with a cloth.

I ran to them and started untying Mickey's hands; she hugged me once I did it.

"There is no time for that," I said while removing the cloth from around her mouth, "I have to get you out before he comes back"

"You are right," she said.

Her voice was hoarse from the lack of use.

She went to Joudy to untie her and I went to Dany.

"I am here for you now," I said with tears in my eyes as I was untying her, "I will never let go of you again"

After I untied her, she wrapped her arms around me and started crying.

"C'mon, Dany," Joudy said, "we can do all of that once we get out of here"

She moved away, "I knew that you will come for me"

I smiled, "c'mon, we need to hurry"

"Where to?" He said, "You just came"

Wait, I know that voice, I know it too much. I feel like I heard it today or maybe yesterday.

"I have to say that I thought that you will be faster than this," he continued.

They all hid behind me, my heart was beating hard but I slowly took the flash from the floor and put it on his face.

That's impossible.

"Hello there, Miss Otis"

"M... Mr. Tray"

"Surprise, right?" He said with a smile, "Consider it as a payback for surprising me with your break and enter"

His smile widened, "you know what, maybe I should call the police and report you," then he laughed hard.