Epilogue - Patience is a virtue

One months later

One months later

- Monday, January 22nd –

I roll over in bed, instantly met with messy blonde hair tickling my face. I lean up on one elbow, glancing over Oliver's shoulder to look at the time, making sure we won't be late and having to stress to make it to the school in time. I notice it's still early in the morning; about half an hour before the alarm is set. But I can't go back to sleep anymore. I've been rolling around restless for the past two hours already. I dozed off for a bit, but that's already considered rare for me lately.

I simply can't sleep in during the day anymore. It's already a miracle I slept most of the night without waking up nearly every hour.

"Are you awake?" I whisper towards Oliver, who stirs in his sleep, before a pair of tired, sleepy eyes stare back at me.

"Do you really think I'm able to sleep with you rolling around like that?"

"No?" I send a smirk his way, before I push myself up further, ruffling my hair before yawning and stretching.

"You're getting up already?"

"Might as well get up, yeah." I shrug, starting to scoot my way towards the foot end of the bed to get out. I still have the same small bedroom I've had for nearly a year. But I wouldn't want to miss it anymore. This is my safe-haven. It's also the only bed I can sleep in without falling out in the middle of the night due to a nightmare. And to prevent from hitting my head against the wall, Oliver and Nathan decided to buy pillows, that they've placed on both sides of the bed.

Right now, however, it's Oliver's arm around my waist that prevents me from getting out of bed. "We have half an hour left. Get your ass back here." He pulls me back – Oliver has always been stronger than I am. He's also a bit larger, so I decide not to fight his protest, allowing him to snuggle close to me again.

Oliver and I are not a couple. One might think we are when looking at us like this, but we both know I'm taken. Everybody knows.

"But I can't sleep anymore." I mumble, while I can nearly consider Oliver a second blanket by the way he decided to lay down on top of me. His head on my chest, arm around my waist, leg waved through mine. "And I'm hot. You're like a freaking heater in bed." I try pushing him away.

"And you're like a goddamn ice sculpture, but you don't hear me complain."

"Because ice sculptures melt when presented with a fucking fire."

"I am hot, I know." He leans up again, staring down at me with a smirk. "You don't have to tell me every time."

I roll my eyes in response while he smirks, leans down, presses a kiss on my nose and rolls away from me. "You're so awfully full of yourself."

"A little bird has told me, you were always just like that." He sighs in content, before he rolls further away, grabbing his phone and cancelling the alarm. "I'm going to shower. And we might as well pick up your meds before school. We have half an hour extra." He scooted towards the end of the bed and rises to his feet before he stretches his muscles.