Chapter 18 - Searching

- Thursday, October 26th -

I never woke up feeling more confident about anything than I feel right now about my intention to talk to Finnley, tell him exactly what it is I feel.

It gave me a weird energy that I haven't felt in a long time, making me giddy and even a little excited.

For some reason, I don't even doubt about him turning me down. I'm actually pretty certain he won't.

He just can't.

He told me before he is deeply in love with me. He wanted me to make love to him, he wanted me to prove my love for him and maybe I fucked that part up yesterday, but I need to tell him that it was a simple miscommunication.

I would have taken the bike to school if I wasn't still scared for Jeff to show up any day now. It's been three weeks since they arrested Ahmed and things have been really quiet ever since.

He claims he doesn't know Jeff's whereabouts, but I think he's lying and knows damn well where he is. They came back on the same day, so I'm almost certain they've been planning this together for months now. He won't be able to make me believe he has no idea of what Jeff is doing or what he's planning to do.

I arrive in school a bit early for my own class, but I know Finnley's class is already in school.

My plan is simple; wait until he gets out of the classroom and tell him right there and then that I love him and I want him to be mine. I don't care if it is a way to officially out myself to a school, which is slightly frightening me since the last time I did that, it didn't go all that well. But I don't care; I'd do it over and over again if it means Finnley will know I love him more than anything.

But as soon as I look into the classroom to locate him, I see he isn't there.

He isn't in his regular seat in the back of the classroom, nor is he sitting anywhere else.

Don't tell me he isn't in school right when I worked up the guts to tell him I want him to be my boyfriend, with all of his flaws and imperfections. Those make him who he is and I love him for him and everything that comes with him.

I want to turn around and walk away, feeling rather defeated, right before someone grabs my wrist, yanking me backwards.

I instantly panic, turning around, ready to push the panic button, when I recognize Oliver as the person who is dragging me away from the classroom, down the hall and into a small empty cubical meant for studying.

He closes the door behind him after pulling me inside rather forcefully.

"What happened?" His voice demands and answer, his eyes are full of frustration, but there's some hint of worry too. Not even anger or hatred like I'm used to. "Jason told me you were with Finn last night. What happened?"

I frown, before I snort sarcastically. "You want to know what happened? Really? Are you one of those types...?"

"I know you got kicked out because Finn was crying, what happened?"