I

"Are you coming home soon?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm—wait! Hold up! You said 'coming', are you in my house." I ask.

"..."

"Why are you in my house. Boy, I swear if you dare—" The phone call ends, cutting off my sentence. "God he is annoying."

I put my phone back in my bag.

Yes, believe it or not, that idiot I was just talking to is my best friend. He is such a disappointment but he is also not. It's hard to believe but I love that stupid bastard. He is my best friend and like a little brother to me. Sure he might be older than me but he acts like a 5-year-old.

But even thought he is annoying I love him and he's my friend.

Even after Maven graduated that year we met, we stayed friends.

"Who was that?" Heather, one of my friends ask.

"It was just a friend," I say.

Right now three of us, Heather, Zoe—also one of my friends—and I are walking towards the school bus stop as we exit the, well, the school.

"Okay, bye guys," Zoe waves to us as she goes in the other direction.

"Bye." Heather and I wave back at her and she turns and walks away.

"So what'd you get on the language assignment?" Heather asks. We have the same literature class so we go the same assignment.

"100%," I answer. "You?" I say, implying what her mark was.

"Seriously?! You always do well in language class, your so smart. I got 94%," She says as we stop at the bus stop.

I laugh. "I'm not smart, I just enjoy it, that's why. I love writing."

"Nerd," She says.

I throw my head back and laugh. "Sure. Anyway, I gotta get home, bye."

Heather replies with a wave. "See ya' tomorrow."

"You too." I turn and walk down the sidewalk.

Usually, Daniel comes to pick me up from school or I drive myself but today he told me he was busy and I didn't bring my car so now I have to walk all the way. I'm not complaining, it's just that I have to walk 4 miles in the scorching heat and that's going to be a tad bit hard to do, especially since I am wearing a sweater vest over my dress shirt. Curse the school uniform.

I begin sweating buckets 2 minutes into my journey. I remove the sweater vest in fear I'm going to look like a jumped in a lake by the time I get home. Now I am left in my plain white dress shirt, still a bit uncomfortable but bearable (Lol, un-BEAR-able, sorry).

I walk for what feels like hours, practically dragging my heavy bag with all the books I have in there. I have a habit of taking literally all my school stuff home just in case I need something. It usually provides useful but right now I would just love to dump it all in a lake.

I decide to check the time so I take out my phone from my pocket in my dress pants.

I look at the time.

School ended almost an hour ago, so I have been walking for over half an hour.

Well, at least I got some exercise. I'm not working out for the next month.

I turn off my phone and before I put it away I get a glimpse of my face. I pity myself for having to look at that. I'm just joking—kinda. I will admit, I'm not the most prettiest, but I'm not ugly. That's impossible, no girl is ugly, and I mean no girl. I'm just an ordinary girl with my ordinary wavy brown hair, and my ordinary pasty skin and my ordinary brown eyes. See? I'm not a majestic goddess.