We defintely have muscles

Chapter 11

"You're WHAT?"

Gabriel's mother stared at him incredulously, forgetting the forkful of food halfway to her slightly open mouth. Up until this point Gabriel, his mom, and his sister had been quietly sitting at the table for dinner, when Gabriel had thought it would be a good time to come out to his mom. That and the fact that his sister was giving him her "I will cut you into tiny pieces and feed you to my snake if you don't do this" look. It wasn't going as well as he'd hoped.

Slowly, a piece of tomato covered pasta slipped off his mother's fork and landed with a slight squelching noise on the plate. It summed up the current mood quite nicely.

How's it going? Asked Quent inside Gabriel's head. Is she taking it okay?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE'S THINKING! Yelled Gabe. She hasn't said anything yet. I'm looking right at her, and all she's doing is staring at me like she's frozen or something.

Unfortunately, since he wasn't thinking straight and still needed a little Moore practise with the whole kind talking thing anyway, he yelled the last bit aloud. His mom still didn't move a muscle.

Up until this point Gabriel had just been staring at his mom, waiting for her response. But just then he started really panicking and looking around everywhere, which was when he noticed that his sister had frozen as well. This didn't do much in helping him calm down.

QUENT! THEY'VE FROZEN, BOTH OF THEM. SHIT SHIT SHIT, WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I MAKE THEM MOVE AGAIN? WHY AM I NOT STUCK AS WELL? WAIT, DID I DO THIS? AAAAAAAAAARGH, HELP!

This was really not going as well as Quent had imagined it. He'd expected some level of panicking, but not Gabe yelling "QUENT SAVE ME!" Inside his head. It was quite irritating actually, all the shouting. He was starting to get a headache, and Gabe was obviously no closer to solving whatever crisis he was currently in, and so it would benefit them both if Gabe relaxed a little.

Gabe. Calm. The. Fuck. Down. This is probably just more crazy soulmate shit, so if you relax, I'm sure we can figure this out okay?

THEY'RE JUST SITTING THERE, NOT MOVING. WHAT IF THEY'RE STUCK LIKE THAT FOREVER AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT? WHAT IF...

Quent sighed. This would be so much easier if Gabe didn't freak out so easily.

Okay, I'm coming over. See you in ten minutes. Bye, stated Quent, hanging up from their mind conversation.

Quent arrived five minutes later, out of breath and sweating a little. Gabe was clicking his fingers in front of his mother's face and tapping her lightly on the cheek, his hand shaking a little. She still sat motionless.

Quent walked over to Gabe and placed his hand on his shoulder. Gabe turned, his eyes glittering slightly in the light, and Quent pulled him into a massive hug.

"It's going to be okay," He whispered into Gabe's back, feeling a little of the tension in his shoulders ease. "If we can figure this out together, then I know it will be all right." Gabe made a small noise of agreement, and gripped onto Quent a little more tightly, feeling some of his anxieties drain away. Wrapped up in Quent's strong arms he felt like nothing could hurt him, that so long as they stayed in each other's tight embrace they could take anything on.

Fifteen minutes later they were on the phone to their "co-ordinator"

"Hello? This is Joy Addams speaking, how can I help?" She answered in her usual sugary tone.

"Hello. Um, this is Quent and Gabe, and we have a bit of a... situation here. Now we're sorry to bother you, but..."

"Help! What the fuck do we do, all my family has frozen, and we can't get them to unstick, and we don't know why they've gone like that and we're really freaking out!" Gabe interrupted, grabbing the phone off Quent.